• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone get in here

The connection is good, I'm playing at full power.

I don't understand why I can't watch this. It goes for like 5 seconds, stutters, then just completely blacks out.

This is not a bad connection, right?

3763233843.png

Nanashrew

Banned
So having played the demo all day I'm getting much better at Mario, Link and Pikachu. They're my top players right now. I do need to practice a lot more though, I'm rusty.

PK Gaming

If we're talking Smash 5 characters, I'm thinkin it'll shake down to:

Lucas/Ice Climbers/Wolf/Mewtwo make a triumphant return
Captain Toad
Inkling
Ridley (I KNOW IT SOUNDS ASBURD but in my opinion, while Ridley was desired leading up to Brawl I think he only really became a hotly desired character in the leadup to Smash 4. The Ridley desire has only gotten super strong very recently, even though it's always been there)
Cranky Kong (highly iconic DKC character, recently playable, fan-favorite with moveset potential, novelty of being the original DK)
Bandana Dee (another big fan-favorite, a great wacky choice that'd also be really fun as hell)
Impa
Tingle
Someone, anyone, from Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Takamaru (I don't particularly WANT HIM, I'm not a fan, but I think he'll show up)

I highly doubt that Captain Toad, Tingle, Bandana Dee and Impa are on the shortlist of getting in. Chibi-Robo in particular occupies this awkward niche where it's a bygone character from a bygone gaming series, but it's not on the same level as the classic retro characters.

Ridley is probably the least absurd out of the bunch.

Tenck

I don't understand why I can't watch this. It goes for like 5 seconds, stutters, then just completely blacks out.

This is not a bad connection, right?

3763233843.png

Hitbox has been pretty lousy today. I was helping a friend of mine with a stream and it got pretty bad.

Luckily it ended up fixing itself. Hopefully same happens for you.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't have the full game yet but I'm pretty sure it was said at E3 she'll just have to use her default 4 specials in For Glory mode.
Thanks, and that would make sense, but I'd really like to get a final confirmation from someone with the final game, if anyone see this.

I wonder if it makes Palutena a little weaker than other characters in For Glory, unless her defaults are good general purpose choices.

random25

Playing tons of demo today, and I'm loving Megaman more and more. I can already score 2-0 against lvl.9 AIs at a consistent rate (except against Villager, who just has the OPest recovery ever!) in no items, FD battlefield stage.

Playing tons of demo today, and I'm loving Megaman more and more. I can already score 2-0 against lvl.9 AIs at a consistent rate (except against Villager, who just has the OPest recovery ever!) in no items, FD battlefield stage.

No items? can you turn off the items in the demo?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Agh I can't unsee the totally motionless koopa kids when they're idle!! There's no way that's not a case of "oh god gotta ship no time." I wonder if they'll patch something in some day.

Anth0ny

Had some great games on Makai's stream. First positive experience with Smash 4 online :)

Hopefully those Falcon ditto matches get saved. Shit was epic.

Josephl64

played a ton of fun matches with makai...made me realize how much I have to practice my pika

(also little macs are such a pain that i can only compete by just pure rolling out of shield)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hey I couldn't tell from that match, does the Doc's down tilt still toss the opponent behind him? It's one of the main things I'm missing playing Mario in the demo here.

Nanashrew

Banned
Playing the demo and this has been the most fun I have had with Link in smash

I've always had fun with Link even though he was trash in previous games :p
But yeah, it feels so satisfying to land some of these blows and knock everyone out. Ohhh and that leap in his dash attack! So good.

Hey GAF.

Since we're deep into the release of the JP version, I already asked this earlier but I just wanted to hear from more of you who own the final version and are playing it now.

As a Snake main in Brawl/Project M, I was really taken to his style of play. A member here suggested I would really like Dog since he plays a little similar but I was wondering what you all would recommend for me as well? Would you also recommend I give Dog a shot as a potential main or do you have a different opinion on that? How exactly is Dog as a character? Thanks!

HyperHip

Man I spent at least 2 to 3 hours playing Nairo's Zelda (with a side of Robin), I got a long way to go lol. At the very least I feel like i'm getting a lot better with Mega Man, air shooter is boss.

Hey GAF.

Since we're deep into the release of the JP version, I already asked this earlier but I just wanted to hear from more of you who own the final version and are playing it now.

As a Snake main in Brawl/Project M, I was really taken to his style of play. A member here suggested I would really like Dog since he plays a little similar but I was wondering what you all would recommend for me as well? Would you also recommend I give Dog a shot as a potential main or do you have a different opinion on that? How exactly is Dog as a character? Thanks!

See for yourself. :3

http://youtu.be/VkGk5S3nIas

Hatchtag

Banned
The lack of Ray or Isaac is so god damn suspicious at this point. I've found both of the other cut ATs, but found no sign of them...I just feel like somethings up.

The lack of Ray or Isaac is so god damn suspicious at this point. I've found both of the other cut ATs, but found no sign of them...I just feel like somethings up.
I know Golden Sun had a sequel between SSB4 and Brawl, but what's the status of the Custom Robo franchise? Could just be for some weird reason a few AT's are going to get patched in later as well.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

When Brawl was made, Custom Robo GC and Golden Sun were still somewhat fresh in people'd minds.

Now they're both dead series, so Sakurai probably just cut 'em.

I know Golden Sun had a sequel between SSB4 and Brawl

I try to forget DIALOUGE: THE GAME.

Dr. Buni

What of Jill (Drill Dozer)? Is she still an AT or was she cut? (why would they cut her :/)

Hatchtag

Banned
I know Golden Sun had a sequel between SSB4 and Brawl, but what's the status of the Custom Robo franchise? Could just be for some weird reason a few AT's are going to get patched in later as well.

Dead to the point that this is all us Custom Robo fans ever get to see anymore. I've heard the people who wanted to make it wanted to make another one, but I can't find a source for it.

When Brawl was made, Custom Robo GC and Golden Sun were still somewhat fresh in people'd minds.

Now they're both dead series, so Sakurai probably just cut 'em.

Nah. Golden Sun has had a game since, and Custom Robo has had 3 trophies in both Brawl and Melee. Itd greatly surprise me to see them cut entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom