• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

It's nice to see Meta Knight get his ass completely handed to him by Mr. Vanilla of all characters in a non-modded Smash game either way.

That America buff is too strong.

Anyone else getting connection errors for online? I don't get disconnected during matches, but when I try to join I often get an error. Strangely it is typically for all but one mode. I will join For Fun, but For Glory won't work, or only For Glory 1v1 will work but not For Fun etc. I can't hop between modes so easily.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
If anyone's having trouble clearing the 1000m challenge (I'm not a home-run contest player)

h9NwxpY.gif

Not me. Found it on Nicovideo. Score was 2715m.

Yeah its 1 slot on the CSS...I'm sorry :-/

But I guess it has to be different for each character since Bowser Jr. got like 8 different models and names... interesting question though, I guess Smash has to be one of the biggest 3DS games or am I wrong?

Sorry, I meant in terms of space taken up on the game card :v

NeonZ

Is there any list about the Mii Fighter outfits and hats? How many actual outfits are there? Are there only the 8 revealed alongside the character colors in that magazine?

Damn these GimR ROB combos are serious... looks like down throw -> uair is guaranteed up to 70% or more.

He keeps sniping with his neutral b too... bank shots, tilt shots, etc.

Drill kick on Fox looks to be pretty rad: http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Not sure how good GimR is with ROB though, but Fox seems to be doing good (not sure who is playing him).
They've definitely gotten a lot better since the game came out. Unkn0wn is playing Fox, by the way.

ROB looks so good now. I wanted to play him a ton in this game before I even knew he was in, and his crazy up air buff among others certainly helps.
Damn these GimR ROB combos are serious... looks like down throw -> uair is guaranteed up to 70% or more.

He keeps sniping with his neutral b too... bank shots, tilt shots, etc.
Yeah, down throw > up air is guaranteed but can be escaped with good DI. ROB is really good.

Peléo

VGBC should align the two empty screens to show the character selection screen, instead of just empy squares for doubles.

Kangi

Mega Man CPU at high percent. Knock him off the stage. He uses Rush, but overshoots the ledge. I meteor smash him with Mario right back down... onto his falling Rush, who bounces him back to the ledge.

I don't deserve this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
KqrCfKt.jpg

This brings a tear to my eye...

Donkey Kong Jr. didn't get one...

That's cool. I wish that they would have shown all characters getting one :)

The lack of Ray or Isaac is so god damn suspicious at this point. I've found both of the other cut ATs, but found no sign of them...I just feel like somethings up.
What of Jill (Drill Dozer)? Is she still an AT or was she cut? (why would they cut her :/)

I guess they might be Wii U Exclusive Assist trophies or they might be completely cut out of the game. I did suspected that Prince Sable is 3DS exclusive due to lack of Wii U screen.

Demo has crashed on me twice now. Anyone else had that problem?

Not yet but I have seen few people mentioned it in this thread or other thread.

Anyone watching Mew2King on Twitch? He has been maining Duck Hunt Dog

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

dat bandwagons but I love it!

The demo has more maps than Battlefield. Watch the how to play video, I've seen non battlefield stages in the demo afterward. But probably no BGM is why they are not playable.

I just unlocked a bunch of guys.
Play regular smash games against one opponent, one stock. This way you get a new challenger every ten games.
Does Stamina flower match at 1HP still work? That would be quicker.

Personally it is not for me as to get all the classic trophies you're going to be play classic a lot anyway so will unlock them all but it is nice to have quick options. It is funny as Melee was like 1000 matches for their unlocks. Are people impatient these days?

The demo has more maps than Battlefield. Watch the how to play video, I've seen non battlefield stages in the demo afterward. But probably no BGM is why they are not playable.

Does Stamina flower match at 1HP still work? That would be quicker.

Personally it is not for me as to get all the classic trophies you're going to be play classic a lot anyway so will unlock them all but it is nice to have quick options. It is funny as Melee was like 1000 matches for their unlocks. Are people impatient these days?
Pretty sure there's no stamina this time around!

Forkball

Did anyone get a Rayman trophy? Or is that only for Wii U? Also how about a Metal Face one? If we don't get a Metal Face trophy, not having one for Ridley makes sense.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
With the help of a few good friends, I successfully managed to decrypt and extract the Music in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS!

EDIT:
Expect the best quality rips in the coming days! OT will be updated appropriately.

Hmm, that meant people might able to find out who were cut characters (or hidden characters if they are in there) and seeing any available slots for DLC characters or stages. I would only expect to see cut characters tho.

Dr. Buni

I guess they might be Wii U Exclusive Assist trophies or they might be completely cut out of the game. I did suspected that Prince Sable is 3DS exclusive due to lack of Wii U screen.
Hmm, maybe. It would be weird since Jill is a handheld character, but as long as she is in the game somehow, I am happy. Perhaps Isaac is a Wii U exclusive AT, too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hmm, maybe. It would be weird since Jill is a handheld character, but as long as she is in the game somehow, I am happy. Perhaps Isaac is a Wii U exclusive AT, too.

Same here. I always find Jill very useful assist trophy, along with few assist trophies in Brawl.

I'm a bit worried about my XL's circle pad. Sometimes it gets stuck, I can move it in every direction but left. It used to happen some months ago with 3D Land as well, but I've never had problems until Smash.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

With the help of a few good friends, I successfully managed to decrypt and extract the Music in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS!

Here are some sample files for your pleasure:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5306988/Downloads/SSB4/snd_bgm_Z01_F_Mario_3DS.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5306988/Downloads/SSB4/snd_bgm_CRS09_Simple_Map_Intro_3DS.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5306988/Downloads/SSB4/snd_bgm_CRS07_Online_3DS.mp3

EDIT:
Expect the best quality rips in the coming days! OT will be updated appropriately.
Great job :D

Here are some sample files for your pleasure:
Impressive stuff. Sorry for an impatient question but are the source files are 22050Hz then; Kid Icarus had similar quality for anyone worried by that number (would have been nice to have the 32KHz instead for smash, well there is always the Wii U version).

Hatchtag

Banned

No way they're cut out. I just don't see Sakurai treating fans of those series that badly. He's never cut a series from having trophies, iirc.

Also, has anyone seen Rayman on the 3DS version? I don't even see Ubisoft in the credits (and we even see Camelot in the credits, for some reason).

JoeInky

I just got a pop up that I assume was telling me that I'd just played 150 rounds of smash run, out of interest I decided to check how many custom moves I'd unlocked in total, and that number was 145 (out of a possible 408 - not counting specials that are automatically unlocked at the start of the game (Palutena, Mii).

That means that I technically get less than 1 new custom special per smash run on average.

Now, a Smash Run game takes 5 minutes, with a 1 or 2 minute mini-game afterwards (let's call it 1 and a half minutes), add on top of that about 30 seconds of loading screens and character selecting and you have about 8 minutes to get yourself 0.97 special moves. This means, to get a "guaranteed" new custom move, you need to spend 8 minutes and 15 seconds of game time

Now if we extend this in the opposite direction to find out how long it should take to get every custom move, it gives us 56 hours. 56 hours of Smash Run to get all Custom Moves.

I thought this number might have been way off but I multiplied 8 minutes and 15 seconds by the number of custom moves I had and got 19 hours and 55 minutes, checked my total play time for Smash Bros. and it's at 49 hours and 38 minutes, so that number might not be too far off after all.

Someone let me know if my Math was wrong but it seems to all check out, and it's insane.

Fake edit: Oh wait, damn, it's 7 minutes not 8, but that just means it's 1 minute less per custom move which means it takes it down to ~50 hours of Smash Run to unlock all customs.

WonderzL

Banned
No way they're cut out. I just don't see Sakurai treating fans of those series that badly. He's never cut a series from having trophies, iirc.

Also, has anyone seen Rayman on the 3DS version? I don't even see Ubisoft in the credits (and we even see Camelot in the credits, for some reason).
Mario Golf/Tennis, I think

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Mega Man CPU at high percent. Knock him off the stage. He uses Rush, but overshoots the ledge. I meteor smash him with Mario right back down... onto his falling Rush, who bounces him back to the ledge.

I don't deserve this.

Similar thing happened to me, but it was mega man meteor smashing me down onto his own Rush :D

Hatchtag

Banned
Mario Golf/Tennis, I think

Would they really need to be credited for that? Plus, I think it'd be weird for them to go to the trouble of getting Camelot's permission for something and not get their permission to include Golden Sun content. It'd be like asking Gamefreak to have a Jill Drozer trophy and not including any references to Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom