• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I'm trying to play with a friend online, but whenever we start the game, it just instantly ends the game and boots us to our own rooms. I can't find anything online, and we've been able to play together before, it just started doing it. help

So I went to play some FG since the game apparently doesn't want to let me and my friend play.

Does this game have skill matchmaking? Because it sure doesn't feel like it, getting fucking wrecked every single time I play online. Last game I got two stocked and literally got two hits on a guy who was so obviously bored playing against me he was constantly taunting whenever he wasn't 0-100% me. It's not really very fun when you feel like there is nothing you can do against an opponent who is so blatantly beyond your skill level and almost every game I play I just get my shit shoved in by players who there is no way I am equivalent to.

So I went to play some FG since the game apparently doesn't want to let me and my friend play.

Does this game have skill matchmaking? Because it sure doesn't feel like it, getting fucking wrecked every single time I play online. Last game I got two stocked and literally got two hits on a guy who was so obviously bored playing against me he was constantly taunting whenever he wasn't 0-100% me. It's not really very fun when you feel like there is nothing you can do against an opponent who is so blatantly beyond your skill level and almost every game I play I just get my shit shoved in by players who there is no way I am equivalent to.

It doesn't. A better bet is to go to a site like www.smashladder.com and play with opponents that are ranked around the same area you are.

Cronox

Banned
Ok I uploaded 2 of the matches I had against ROB earlier. I'll just post the 2nd match since I played pretty poorly in the 1st match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stJwSpjuFqw&feature=youtu.be

Played pretty well here and I ended the match in style

You got 2 pretty cool kills there, but I question what your opponent was thinking. Unless you countered him so hard with Zelda's reflect that you trained it out of him in earlier matches, it's really weird that he didn't use any of ROB's specials. He played really aggro, and that's not playing to ROB's strengths.

Unfortunately not. Shamrock recommended Anther's but if you don't consider yourself a competitive player you probably won't have much fun there either. Best thing to do is leave after the match if you're not well matched skill-wise. There are plenty of more casual for glory players out there, but you may have to do some sifting first. There's also plenty of people like me who are tryharding through for glory doing their best to kill their opponents as relentlessly as possible. Just gotta keep sifting. For playing with your friend, you know the procedure of creating a room and having them join and all? Were you just getting connection errors?

I am playing Yoshi super aggressive and it is actually working. I just got one of the best kills possible with Yoshi. I will upload it later. :)

2 rage quits in a row!

Oidisco

You got 2 pretty cool kills there, but I question what your opponent was thinking. Unless you countered him so hard with Zelda's reflect that you trained it out of him in earlier matches, it's really weird that he didn't use any of ROB's specials. He played really aggro, and that's not playing to ROB's strengths.

Oh yea in the other game I uploaded I kept using his Gyro against him, got a lot of damage on him that way so he kinda stopped using it after that.

For playing with your friend, you know the procedure of creating a room and having them join and all? Were you just getting connection errors?

Obviously. We've played before. He can join the room and vice-versa, but as soon as the game loads up, it instantly calls game, no contest, and then boots us back to our own rooms.

JulianImp

So the tourney's tomorrow, but I'm way too tired to practice tonight...

I wonder if I'll be able to take the pressure of nobody knowing me, and therefore not getting any support unless I somehow happen to beat players that are known to be good. Oh well, hopefully I'll last past the first couple rounds...

In case anyone wants to watch the event, it looks like they'll be streaming it at www.twitch.tv/argensmash/ starting at around 4 PM GMT.

One thing I'm not sure about is what name I should use in there as opposed to just "Julian". Sometimes I wish I had some cool internet nickname...
Kaiki would be too lame, right?

GG

Samus is so bad. Holy moly. Not a single aspect of her works as well as it should, if it works at all. She's just about the only character I can actually feel how bad she is and not only that I'm not good enough.

Cronox

Banned
Obviously. We've played before. He can join the room and vice-versa, but as soon as the game loads up, it instantly calls game, no contest, and then boots us back to our own rooms.

Oh, I haven't seen you around so I didn't know how new you were to the game. That's pretty weird, the sort of stuff where I'd only think to restart and see if it fixes the problem.

GG

Samus is so bad. Holy moly. Not a single aspect of her works as well as it should, if it works at all. She's just about the only character I can actually feel how bad she is and not only that I'm not good enough.

With all the stupid shit Sakurai left in from previous games that makes the character terrible (see: jabs), it boggles the mind to think that he removed her sex kick nair.

Had to find the right angle for that fsmash lol

Yep I'm gone mentally lol.

GGs Snacks, had a lot of fun playing with you! You're the first good Ryu I've played and I was enjoying our fights when I was MK. Felt really fundamental-based, if that makes sense. :)

I'm not going to say that was complete garbage, but it was.

I don't save replays and I only play once or twice a day, so it's not really improving. It's far past the point where basic advice can help and just at the point where everyone here is better than me and advancing at the same rate or faster than I am.

I'm not going to say that was complete garbage, but it was.

I don't save replays and I only play once or twice a day, so it's not really improving.

If it helps I don't really save my replays either.

We haven't played in a while so I don't know how you've been recently, but I thought it was good. At least Ryu is still high tier, right?

Do you have a convenient local scene to attend? I found great improvement from that. If not, there's always smashladder and...um, well I'm not the best advice giver to be honest. :( But the important thing to learn is that every plateau can be overcome, and you can probably wreck me in traditional fighters anyhow. >.<;;;

There's nothing here. People at this school don't even play video games.

I don't win, but I don't get consistently 2-stocked. It feels like I've been playing the same matches over and over again for months. Even after not playing the game for a month, I wasn't worse or better, it was exactly the same. It's Smash Bros. Groundhog Day.

FSLink

Banned
Got 7th place at our local tournament today. Used Ness, Diddy Kong, Sheik, and Metaknight.

Almost knocked our current best player into Loser's. And lost to a member in my crew who's really good. Both matches I lost it went to last stock last game, damn so close.

Boney

Banned
Uair is pretty solid.
It is. Relatively nice combo move and a multi hit low landing lag aerial.

However sometimes hitting with the first hit will push the opponents away and you miss the rest of the move

Screw Attack is decent ain't it? :O

Anyone wanna play? :)
Same issue. It can miss the link in the first hit and that's annoying. It has low priority as well and very easily DIable so it's not killing anyone.

3 frame oos is very nice in spite of the very short horizontal reach

Got 7th place at our local tournament today. Used Ness, Diddy Kong, Sheik, and Metaknight.

Almost knocked our current best player into Loser's. And lost to a member in my crew who's really good. Both matches I lost it went to last stock last game, damn so close.
Congrats!

Oidisco

Came across what may have been the saltiest person alive on For Glory last night. I swear he had everything going, every single nasty racist and homophobic insult you can think of as well as telling me to kill myself and leave the game room. He even went with the typical FG characters with Link, Captain Falcon and Little Mac just spamming roll, projectiles and smashes. Only thing he didn't do was send a friend request afterwards so he could say more shit to me.

I obviously took the opportunity to mess with him. I'd break his shield and then just taunt and roll around him, taunted him everytime I knocked him off-stage. Then I became a reeeall asshole and changed my tag to "Boring". After that I JV3'd his Little Mac and left just as he said was gonna report me.

I don't normally do that, but this guy was just so angry and said such horrible things there was no way I couldn't mess around with him. Does this mean I'm one of the FG assholes too?

Top Bottom