• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Alright, I've signed up and it looks like the tourney will be full with 64 participants. Stream's at www.twitch.tv/argensmash/

Just played somebody's Mewtwo, Mario and Sheik (in friendlies, though), and managed to win against the first two. Man, Sheik's aerials are a real pain, since they tend to outrange Pac's nair if spaced right.

Came across what may have been the saltiest person alive on For Glory last night. I swear he had everything going, every single nasty racist and homophobic insult you can think of as well as telling me to kill myself and leave the game room. He even went with the typical FG characters with Link, Captain Falcon and Little Mac just spamming roll, projectiles and smashes. Only thing he didn't do was send a friend request afterwards so he could say more shit to me.

I obviously took the opportunity to mess with him. I'd break his shield and then just taunt and roll around him, taunted him everytime I knocked him off-stage. Then I became a reeeall asshole and changed my tag to "Boring". After that I JV3'd his Little Mac and left just as he said was gonna report me.

I don't normally do that, but this guy was just so angry and said such horrible things there was no way I couldn't mess around with him. Does this mean I'm one of the FG assholes too?
Justice.

JulianImp

Welp, already in losers. Played a Ganondorf, we were 1-1, I got him over 100% while taking little to no damage while both of us were on our last stocks and... ganoncide.

The salt is too real.

FluxWaveZ

Man, I'm making some crucially bad decisions when it comes to that up B. Gotta stop.

Edit: GGs. I don't have enough MU experience as WFT against Ness; there's a lot of stuff that I can't get past, like the neutral air in particular. I think I have to implement WFT's neutral air more, too.

GGs Flux. Those matches were fun, as I am finding ultimately the strategy against Wii Fit with Ness is to be as hyper aggressive as possible and never let up, because Wii Fit has some pretty good dodge techniques. The whole time I felt like we were playing a DBZ match, lol.

JulianImp

Having to wait forever until I can play again is a real pain... the only tourneys I had played before were MtG ones, so I didn't have to idle around doing nothing like this. Hopefully I manage to play at least a couple more games to make my wait worthwhile... Spending four hours to play a single match so far's killing me.

Also, it's kind of funny that the organizer didn't manage to get DLC on all five consoles, so three of them got nothing and a Lucas player had to wait a while before he could play. The lack of Dream Land makes me sad.

Having to wait forever until I can play again is a real pain... the only tourneys I had played before were MtG ones, so I didn't have to idle around doing nothing like this. Hopefully I manage to play at least a couple more games to make my wait worthwhile... Spending four hours to play a single match so far's killing me.

Also, it's kind of funny that the organizer didn't manage to get DLC on all five consoles, so three of them got nothing and a Lucas player had to wait a while before he could play. The lack of Dream Land makes me sad.
Always bring a good book to tournaments, IMO.

JulianImp

Always bring a good book to tournaments, IMO.

Heh, I have, but I wasn't in the mood to read anything.

Won my first match in loser's against a C. Falcon/ROB 2-0. Not even knowing who my opponents are is a pain, since I don't know what stages to go for or what to expect against them. Meanwhile, they probably already know that I'm maining Pac-Man.

It's funny getting punished worse whenever I miss a grab compared to a missed smash attack. Usmash is actually the bee's knees (probably to compensate utilt having no range whatsoever).

JulianImp

Because most of them are probably acquaintances, and they're watching me play.

Another 2-0 against a Ness/Villager, but I feel like none of my opponents have any experience playing against Pac since they're making several mistakes against my fruit approaches and hydrant games. Besides, I haven't had to play any absolute top tier characters yet, which is when I'd be at a larger disadvantage in terms of power and frame data.

I'm really grateful that I found you guys to play the game with, since I've really stepped my game up from playing all of you.

Dr. Buni

I have trouble walking instead of dashing in Smash. More often than not I try to walk but the character starts dashing instead. How do I get better at walking?

JulianImp

I have trouble walking instead of dashing in Smash. More often than not I try to walk but the character starts dashing instead. How do I get better at walking?

You can try initiating a walk by tilting the stick diagonally upwards, but only if you've got tap jump set to off.

Okay, one more 2-0 against a G&W. Hopefully things keep working out in my favor.

Boney

Banned
anyone up for a few matches?

I can play

A bo5 set of a premiere shulk with one of the best samus out there. Very good narration as well, I recommend a watch

http://youtu.be/lhUJy29FdNo

You can also walk easily by pushing the stick while doing some other action like landing or throwing a move out.

Boney

Banned
lol ggs Boney. Nice different characters
Thanks, Falco had something going but I couldn't close the deal. Ike and Charizard were having too much of a hard time getting close. Mother boys air momentum is too much for zard especially.
I guess I just need more practice with then

JulianImp

Alright, I ended up going LWWWWWL (first loss was 1-2, all wins were 2-0 and the final loss was 0-2), barely losing against a Ness both games and ending up at 14th place in the standings. Getting knocked into loser's bracket right away by means of ganoncide was awful, but I managed to not get too dragged down by it and am happy with how I managed to perform afterwards.

It looks like my local scene isn't used to Pac, so I was able to annoy them quite a bit with my zoning tools and securing kills with smash attacks. Now that I've stepped up my smash attack game I no longer feel all that bad about Pac's killing capacity, since both fsmash and usmash are great for securing KOs at high percents without opening myself up all that much.

All in all, I'm quite happy with how things worked out for my first tourney, even though none of my matches ended up being streamed. I managed to get some really cool kills that I wish I could've saved somehow...

Oh, by the way, I think Karst might be interested in watching the stream once it gets archived, since there were two fairly good Bowsers in it. You probably won't need the audio since commentary's in Spanish, and the streamers chose to show maches where their friends were playing, so I heard from my cousin that they were quite biased.

He's doing so much up b. I know it's strong but the up air always seems to be more reliable and an easy solution.

He just lost going for an up b. It's not working and he's not changing it.

What a waste. Those up b's were really stupid.

Link the stream then guys

Zero won? Still, seems like some people are catching up to him

It's over.

I am glad ZeRo still is undefeated. The matches were really close for the most part, though, but ZeRo being able to win the second set with a bad match-up really shows his skill.

Vinnie got real close to 2-1 against Zero in that second set, but Zero ran away with it. Still, cool to see live.

People are making a lot out of this scheduled maintenance. All I'm taking this as is a sign to upload whatever replays I have to youtube now.

We're guaranteed balance changes. Always are with maintenance.

Top Bottom