• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Man, I'm tired. Thanks for the games, OutofAmmo. I'm sure I've played against you before. Even now, I can't do much against Wario and Dedede. Bah, oh well. XD

SoldnerKei

Boney & Tipster, I have to do some errands, I'll be back in a couple of hours just in case Solar shows up, I'll be here all evening after that thou!

Beats

http://www.twitch.tv/crediar/v/6139915

Archive is there if you missed it. Not sure if it'll get taken down.

Huh, so this is a full on leak, with actual playable assets and all. Man, Sakurai and co. must not be thrilled about this. Could have been avoided by delaying a patch.

It'll be interesting if all of the characters are actually made available tomorrow.

ya would be cool if they're all out tomorrow. They all seem done so I wouldn't be surprised.

Boney

Banned
Anybody got the specifics on Ryu and Roy?

Can't watch, it's chugging horrible on my phone and twitch app stopped working like 2 months ago

Heard donkey kick is his fsmash, rejoice!

Anybody got the specifics on Ryu and Roy?

Can't watch, it's chugging horrible on my phone and twitch app stopped working like 2 months ago

Heard donkey kick is his fsmash, rejoice!

Roy has similar moves from before but distinct animations. Aerial movement looks completely different than Marth's.
Ryu has two Final Smashes probably depending on distance or something. Hard to tell which of his normals are what, I assume his c.hp is his up tilt or up smash, overhead is one of his tilts. Seems a little floaty.

Anyone looking to play?

Boney

Banned
God I hope they release tommorow

Roy has similar moves from before but distinct animations. Aerial movement looks completely different than Marth's.
Ryu has two Final Smashes probably depending on distance or something. Hard to tell which of his normals are what, I assume his c.hp is his up tilt or up smash, overhead is one of his tilts. Seems a little floaty.

Anyone looking to play?
I can play

Cronox

Banned
Roy actually looks like he could have alright range. Might be the Marth I wanted, we'll see. Glad he's not a clone. Multihit usmash looks nice. The guy on stream is such a goddamn idiot though, it's not hard to showcase all the moves he has, but the dude is stuck on specials. No one gives a shit about his specials.

Roy had the Falco approach done to him, glad to see. That and his new outfit actually make him look hype, leave it to Sakurai to once again prove me wrong about something that sounds ridiculous at first. :O

Ryu has the damage output of a heavyweight, but does he have sweetspots or something? Seems like he'll demand a lot out of the neutral to get what he needs. I wonder if Shoryuken is an effective OoS move? Also the applications of Focus Attack should be interesting. His horizontal recovery sucks lol, so I'm thinking he's got Mac's normals with reasonable frame data, a projectile like Luigi's fireball but stronger, a kind of counter (wonder if you can FADC lol), a Fox Illusion type of move, and Doc's up-B but stronger. Fun fun.

And now nobody except Shamrock is giving a shit about Lucas lmao.

Edit: This is all my thoughts from the first VoD btw, watching the other ones now.

Hah, they kept the "one Hadoken on screen" limit! That's amazing!

Cronox

Banned
I'm still most hyped for Lucas, but looking forward to Roy. Should have taken my Wii U with me to Europe cause now I might be missing 3 new characters until July instead of just one :(

Edit: also looks like Lucas' PK fire sends him backwards in the air normally. Maybe b-sticking won't be necessary :)

Edit: Dreamland looks like shit, but hey, it's another tournament ready stage... probably.

Roy had the Falco approach done to him, glad to see. That and his new outfit actually make him look hype, leave it to Sakurai to once again prove me wrong about something that sounds ridiculous at first. :O

Ryu has the damage output of a heavyweight, but does he have sweetspots or something? Seems like he'll demand a lot out of the neutral to get what he needs. I wonder if Shoryuken is an effective OoS move? Also the applications of Focus Attack should be interesting. His horizontal recovery sucks lol, so I'm thinking he's got Mac's normals with reasonable frame data, a projectile like Luigi's fireball but stronger, a kind of counter (wonder if you can FADC lol), a Fox Illusion type of move, and Doc's up-B but stronger. Fun fun.

And now nobody except Shamrock is giving a shit about Lucas lmao.

Edit: This is all my thoughts from the first VoD btw, watching the other ones now.

I care. None of you punks asked about Lucas.
What do people mean by the Falco comparison?
Shoryuken looks like a better version of Doc's, maybe.

I care. None of you punks asked about Lucas.
What do people mean by the Falco comparison?
Shoryuken looks like a better version of Doc's, maybe.

What I mean is they changed Roy's normals to give them different animations and utilities compared to the base character, in this case Marth. Not only that, but they added different attributes to his specials which already were there in Melee. Roy's attacks seem based on the length of the blade this time, which is good if he still has his hilt sweetspots. You can still tell he was a Marth clone once, but he's different enough that he's his own character with his own personality like with Fox and Falco. You play Falco, so you should understand what I mean.

Cronox

Banned
Ryu is looking cooler the more I watch him. Looking forward to all 3 characters.

I don't think Ryu's recovery is that bad either, his spinning kick gives him plenty of horizontal recovery.

Hadoken and Shokunetsu Hadoken, how do you different types of fireballs? Do the other attacks have EX versions? I just caught up to the livestream.

Edit: Oh yeah, I meant Ryu's vertical recovery isn't all that. Seems like a Doc situation where you're either putting it all on height or horizontal distance, though I don't know for sure yet. His horizontal should be sufficient.

What I mean is they changed Roy's normals to give them different animations and utilities compared to the base character, in this case Marth. Not only that, but they added different attributes to his specials which already were there in Melee. Roy's attacks seem based on the length of the blade this time, which is good if he still has his hilt sweetspots. You can still tell he was a Marth clone once, but he's different enough that he's his own character with his own personality like with Fox and Falco. You play Falco, so you should understand what I mean.

I kept reading it as Ryu and had no idea what people were saying.

TWILT

Banned
Ryu actually seems pretty good! Shoryuken seems like a great KO move; maybe a good OoS option? Hadouken seems like a good zoning tool (with the EX fireball!) though looks like you can't spam it. Tatsumaki doesn't leave you prone in the air while you try to recover(!); pretty decent recovery with Shoruyken then. Does a decent amount of damage too. Will definitely put some time into learning him.

Roy turned out better than I expected at least. Would still rather not have him, but at least he was "Falco'd" so I'm fine with him.

Cronox

Banned
The dude refuses to showcase aerials at all. All I know is Ryu's nair looks like it sucks.

I'm legit so happy about Roy! I can see myself maining Roy instead of Marth just based on the little I've seen of him

With Smash 4's Marth it's pretty easy to run towards any alternative...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ryu is looking cooler the more I watch him. Looking forward to all 3 characters.

I don't think Ryu's recovery is that bad either, his spinning kick gives him plenty of horizontal recovery.

If you watched the stream he auto snaps to ledge with Shoryuken one whole Bowser away. It's nuts.

Might postpone ranbats until tomorrow if these characters indeed drop tomorrow. I mean they have to.

The dude refuses to showcase aerials at all. All I know is Ryu's nair looks like it sucks.

With Smash 4's Marth it's pretty easy to run towards any alternative...

He showed a few but they don't seem very strong. It's probably like Little Mac that his aerials are pretty weak.

Great games Cyber! The Sonic match up is still a really tough one, and you weren't even using hammer spin dash!

Your Metaknight is coming along really well! Super tough.

Thanks for playing!

Great games Cyber! The Sonic match up is still a really tough one, and you weren't even using hammer spin dash!

Thanks for playing!
5388817665_67682901fc.jpg

Cronox

Banned
Ryu having specials with Street Fighter style inputs and what seems like diagonals and even different final smashes gives him the most complex moveset in the game, outside of a character like Shulk's monado arts.

Thanks for playing!
Thanks for the games, were really fun. I still need to get used to Hammer Spin Dash since I SD with it a lot. :p

It's so hard to get through your wall sometimes that I takes 50% of damage, haha. I'm surprised you didn't try Little Mac against me that other time since I was having trouble with that today.

Top Bottom