• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they had gotten a proper revival after their excellent Smash appearance. I'm not fond of the original game either, but mountain climb/vertical platforming is a cool enough concept to be worth revisiting and doing better.

Agreed. The idea was explored well in Mario 2 USA.

I don't care what Miyamoto says about the current state of them. They are Bowser's kids!

Koopalings7.jpg
Well no shit.

Ayone who says that they aren't Bowser's kids is just being stupid. Miyamoto included.

Sometimes, you just can't take the creator's oppinion as facts, which is why for example, I never think of the failed timeline in Zelda as you died, but instead as the time when you go back in time the one canon time and never return.

Kriken

Something I spied on Something Awful:

Guess that's backfiring on MFL quite spectacularly?

The guy really came across as a smug ass towards the end. Acting like the internet owes him or something for having information. Can't say I really endorse leaking personal information about him though

Why are there a bunch of kids with V for Vendetta masks outside my house?

Oh, sorry about that, we were just looking for directions to MFL's house, we'll carry on

johnbone

Well no shit.

Ayone who says that they aren't Bowser's kids is just being stupid. Miyamoto included.

Sometimes, you just can't take the creator's oppinion as facts, which is why for example, I never think of the failed timeline in Zelda as you died, but instead as the time when you go back in time the one canon time and never return.

"Creator's opinion"

The creator is the one who makes the character! Their descriptions of their creations are therefore just as "factual" as the character's size or color!

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it merely an "opinion"

"Creator's opinion"

The creator is the one who makes the character! Their descriptions of their creations are therefore just as "factual" as the character's size or color!

After over a decade of the characters being his children, he just randomly decided they weren't anymore. Despite him saying that I don't just easily accept it. They were introduced as his kids, were portrayed as his kids, and because I grew up with that I'll always see them as his kids.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Japanese Mario 3 manual refers to them as siblings, and as Bowser's children.
Yeah, but that's 1988 and we've moved on. In fact Japan moved on more or less after Super Mario 3 so it was only the West that kept up the image that they were his kids.

Official line now with Mario Kart 8 is they are his followers.

VegiHam

"Creator's opinion"

Not necessarily. This is pretty accepted in literary circles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_the_Author
Miyamoto's reading of the text isn't any more privileged than ours.

Yes I'm being silly, don't worry

zroid

Banned
I bet Game Freak has detailed documents locked up in a vault somewhere, describing the physiological processes behind Pokémon egg formation

Neoxon

No, no. He's saying that all information that we know from the leaks is pretty much same thing with what they already know. They don't know if it's completed roster or not. They don't know if we are getting more characters or not. He was trying to tell everyone that those people were lying about dlc characters and extra characters.
So yeah, they know about as much of who's left as we do. Fair enough.

After over a decade of the characters being his children, he just randomly decided they weren't anymore. Despite him saying that I don't just easily accept it. They were introduced as his kids, were portrayed as his kids, and because I grew up with that I'll always see them as his kids.

I thought that was just a US manual translation thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why does everyone say this is a Miyamoto thing? He's not the one who writes all the material. It's a company line.

Like I said the Mario Kart 8 trailer refers to them as followers. Miyamoto doesn't have much to do with MK8 or its marketing materials.

maxcriden

Chances are the only reason they appeared in NES Remix as an important game in that game, was because of Smash. Without Smash, they might have gotten in NES Remix, but more like Pinball and only have like 5 challenges.

Ice Climbers isn't really... good. Or memorable. The controls are slippery and frustrating and the game is fairly repetitive.

ROB is still entirely relevant. He makes cameos all the time. He was even a playable racer in Mario Kart.
Game and Watch too. He makes some cameos and the Game and Watch Gallery series and the collections and replicas Club Nintendo has put out.

Pit was probably the next best bet for a series like this, but even so, IC are quite a bit older than Kid Icarus is as a series, and KI had 2 games before Uprising. And KI was a good game.

I agree with everything you said, haha. IC is pretty repetetive. And maddening. But in a weird way I did enjoy what I played of it in NES Remix regardless. I think there's a good idea in there for a game, they just have to find it.

Yeah, but that's 1988 and we've moved on. In fact Japan moved on more or less after Super Mario 3 so it was only the West that kept up the image that they were his kids.

Official line now with Mario Kart 8 is they are his followers.

It kept up beyond Mario 3 in Japan. They continued to be called or referred to as his children, or at the very least collective siblings related to Bowser, until Hotel Mario came out. Both in the US and Japan. The image was kept up more prominently in the US, but that's not really relevant.

It's a strange change, it wasn't a one-off thing.

I thought that was just a US manual translation thing.

No, they were referred to as his children in the Japanese manual for Mario 3 as well.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't want to start a witch hunt but...

Last Tuesday, when I first found the pictures posted on /v/ and posted them here, there was another member on this board who mentioned that he had received those pictures awhile ago, yet held off on posting them. Then I remember he posted a picture on here I think before it popped up on the /v/ thread.

I forgot what the member's name was, though. Don't really feel like playing detective beyond that, but that's my mind on the matter. Also I realize I'm probably a suspect since I posted the images on here first and made a thread about them, lol. :p

Why does everyone say this is a Miyamoto thing? He's not the one who writes all the material. It's a company line.

Like I said the Mario Kart 8 trailer refers to them as followers. Miyamoto doesn't have much to do with MK8 or its marketing materials.

Because it was Miyamoto who made the first official statement in an interview that the Koopalings were no longer considered his children. He said "In the current storyline, we are treating them as his underlings".

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So did that GAF member respond, since Shulk was revealed XD?
Probably waiting for the official reveal. I mean technically not everyone wants things spoiled for them through leaks so if he isn't aware of Shulk's reveal best to respect his wishes and wait eh.

Your schlongalong isn't going anywhere.

maxcriden

Agreed. The idea was explored well in Mario 2 USA.

Totally; SMB2 USA has one of the best examples of vertical platforming in a platformer. Some of the Rayman games are very adept at this, too. The only frustrating part of this was the lag between screens; am I remembering correctly that even the Super Mario Advance remake had that in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom