• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Stardust Delta (Vita) |OT| How to Refine Perfection

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Sorry slaughterking, but to save time I took a shortcut to settle this matter.
pdi0f.gif

I hope we can finally put this to rest now.

Next time, take my word for it, you mofos :mad:

You mean the next time you're exploiting a glitch? :p

Nah, I'll believe you now and forever! :p
It's still a strange thing though. How come you've got one four times and others have never seen it even once.

BurningNad

Yeah, give me some fucking 1ups when I have 24mil and just lost my shield. Save some of my hair from instantly turning white. Fuck.

Alright. Sorry for doubting you dude. But seriously, give me some 1ups. Like, now.

I'm almost out of the Top 30. :( Still can't beat my score. I came really close today, though. 44 million and then I was out of bombs and got overwhelmed.

And I still haven't seen a 1up. :p

You mean how much I've played Stardust overall? The stats menu says something about 19 hours. But I'm rage quitting a lot after messing up and I don't think I'm giving the game a chance to save there, which means I've probably played quite a bit more than 19 hours.

Phatcorns

I'm currently in a high score battle with my friend playing Arcade Pure on Casual. Please let me know if the methods I'm taking to get the maximum possible score are correct.

-Boosting through multiple score tokens at once
-Boosting through multiple enemies at once
-Trying to get the super multipliers right before defeating a boss or right before the end of a Phase

And do bombs help your score or hurt them? I would assume defeating multiple enemies at once would increase your score, but I'm not sure if it's like Geometry Wars where bombs are just a last ditch effort to survive rather than a way to kill lots of enemies at once.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
LOVE Super Stardust! Bought it on PS3 awhile back, and even played the PSP edition to death. Grabbed the Vita version last night, and only had the chance to play once for a little over 20 million pts.
So nice to have real twin stick shooting on a handheld!

Is there a listing of PSN Vita Gaffers I could maybe friend to compare scores with?

Feel free to add me: Hispanicguy.

Been getting back into it lately. Really does feel great to play with dual sticks. Hope to see more games like this!

zroid

Banned
I just tried the demo and it feels pretty good. The Vita's stubby little sticks aren't ideal for a twin-stick shooter, but I'll take it. Love playing Stardust on a handheld!

Are more people playing Delta or Pure mode? I'm not so sure how I feel about Delta, the power-ups are weird and I don't really like having to use the front and back touch. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Anyway, I'm going to buy the game soon, but first I wanted to know what you guys think about the DLC. Is it worth the extra $5?

BTW, add me for scores! :O (ID: Zeer0id)

Agent X

The DLC is good. If you ever downloaded the Solo pack on either Super Stardust HD (PS3) or Super Stardust Portable (PSP), then you have an idea what to expect here. It's got the following modes:

Endless: One life, and one continuous game with enemies frequently spawning into the playfield.

Bomber: One life, and bombs are your only weapon.

Impact: Now you have no weapons at all. Instead, you destroy enemies and obstacles by boosting and using the resulting temporary boost invincibility to ram them.

Twin-Gun: Similar to the standard Planet mode, except you can fire two weapons simultaneously. Each of the Vita's analog sticks controls the directional aim of a weapon (like the right stick does in most modes), and tilt control is used for ship movement.

I got the DLC pack in a bundle along with the main game, which is cheaper than buying the game and the DLC pack separately. If you don't have the game yet, and those modes sound interesting to you, then I'd say go for the bundle.

zroid

Banned
Thanks, yeah, I think I will probably go for the bundle. I refrained from buying it yet just to make sure it was worthwhile. :)

Kind of bitter that we didn't get a sale this week, seeing as it's discounted in Europe at the moment. Ah well. If it happens next week, am cry.

Today I played the game for the first time in two months or so. On my first try I died literally after five seconds. On my second try I got a solid 39 million and realized that I can't handle the intensity anymore. lol Makes me sick when everything starts to move so fast.
And on the global leaderboards I dropped to rank 29. :I

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How awesome is this game?

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

No, but seriously: Best $15 you can spend on a portable title, seriously.

(But they still have late boomer as an achievement. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)

Can anyone explain the green dust stuff? It's supposed to work as a bonus thing, yes? But I can't seem to pull it in fast enough? I've noticed the the boost seems to pull it in as well is that what you're supposed to do to get bigger multipliers? Because in SSD HD I think (it's been a while since I've played) that simply staying alive and boosting through astroids now and then built your multiplier. But I can't seem to get the same thing done here?

Shai-Tan

Banned
I thought the dust was just there because they couldn't have as many rocks breaking apart compared to the ps3 version (it makes seeing other things more difficult imo).

I'm mainly playing impact mode because it's harder to die. I tend to get distracted and die randomly in the other modes. It gives me the urge to drop the Vita which is why I don't play while holding it over any hard surfaces:)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think it's that. I think they added it as a counter to Geo Wars 2 doing it as a bonus thing. It fills up the bonus giving thing at the bottom right but I dunno if it helps the multiplier or not. That's something that I've always had trouble understanding with SSD: How does the multiplier increase?

DBT85

I don't recall the dust helping the mutiplier. I think it just does as you said, charges the bonus item drop and once full you get xyz.

Still got to try and get 3 trophies on this. I seem to recall those three being really difficult for me though.

Baron

Do you seriously only get ONE SHIP in endless mode? Endless is the reason I played SSHD for 150 hours! Ugh. It's such a waste - can Housemarque be petitioned in some way to add another endless mode type where you get ships same as arcade mode? Because seriously, I can't take only having one life. I'm seriously going to email them or something begging for it.

Also, I need more peeps on my friends scorelist thingy - add me, please! I'm "indigentia". I'll try adding those that posted their IDs here too.

Just bought this last week for my Vita. No idea why I waited so long to pick it up, because I loved SSHD on the PS3 and this is just as good. The visuals are amazing, the soundtrack superb and the controls feel even better than on the PS3 version. Such an awesome game. Housemarque are so good; this has got me really hyped for Resogun, but I'm not getting a PS4 on launch sadly.

Top Bottom