• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SuperDaE is threatening to release lots of secret Xbox One info if he is arrested

Beelzebubs

With regards to DAE saying the XBox would be more powerful than PS4, wasn't that said before the PS4 conference when even the devs were surprised by the amount of GDDR5 available.

khaaan

I was kind of getting tired of Xbone threads but this is great. I don't know if the guy is approaching this in the best way but I'm going to enjoy seeing if it'll go with a bang or just fizzle out.

Nilaul

Xboxone keys? Reveal all there is to xboxone security. Screw Microsoft over by revealing the worst.
He could delay the release.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What is there to even "leak" and for what purpose? This is a retail product that is going to be available to the general public in just a few months. These aren't some state secrets that would be locked away in classified files for 80 years.

Respawn

Banned
Xboxone keys? Reveal all there is to xboxone security. Screw Microsoft over by revealing the worst.

That would be immensely damaging if he actually had such things. He did say and show at one time he could have turned off the live servers.

harlekin

There seems to be a point of "nothing to loose". Those same feelings were expressed by the HV guys Sony enjoyed to sack.

Just make sure. Double sure, that it is that time. It probably never is (from a survival perspective).

The timelimit set was awfully short.

hm.

nomis

i55tbZLtyCzVX.gif

Weren't there rumours about MS cancelling and restarting internal development on some software? I'd guess he might leak some stuff pertaining to internal politics and the like.

How does the deadman switch work? Is he just sitting in his chair? When he leaves the chair, does a Rube Goldberg machine release the data?

Elrina

Neo Member

Could be that, or maybe some kind of documentation showing that MS is granting FBI/government regular access to Skype chat/video, and possibly a plan to release data obtained via the new Kinect to them.

Can't imagine anything else that would even make them even hesitate. And if it was one of those and he does manage to get the info released? It would make tomorrow an interesting day for news, that's for sure.

Sean

Banned
Only thing I can think of that would be a big leak would be plans for their "Fortaleza" glasses from that leaked 2010 document.

Nilaul

So what happens when the feds/MS lawyers contact Twitter and get the account removed.
Seems like he didn't think this through.

Yes because hes gonna tell the FEDs where else will the password/username be posted (by announcing them publicly). I doubt Twitter is the only place.

Ever wrote a script?

<script>
function myFunction()
{
var x="";
var time=new Date().getHours();
if (I am arrested)
{
x="leak that shit";
}
else
{
x="do not release totally sick leaks";
}
document.getElementById("flawlessplan").innerHTML=x;
}
</script>

</body>
</html>

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
^"Leak that shit", and "flawless plan"

Haha, oh man.

Bsigg12

Well that's in just under 8 and a half hours so, lets see. How fast do you think Microsoft can work if it were to happen?

Respawn

Banned
<script>
function myFunction()
{
var x="";
if (I am arrested)
{
x="leak that shit";
}
else
{
}
}
</script>

</body>
</html>

lol well done

Deku Tree

Opening up his server was not the best way to do it. He should have just set up the files to be auto sent all over the place or something. Watch MS can perform their own DNS attack on him.

<script>
function myFunction()
{
var x="";
if (I am arrested)
{
x="leak that shit";
}
else
{
}
}
</script>

</body>
</html>

Beautiful, I lost it at "leak that shit"

Deitus

Isn't it like.. late Sunday night/early Monday in the US?
I imagine there's nobody working right now.

It's also a holiday weekend, so not many people will be working tomorrow either.

But anyway, I'm curious what "dirty secrets" he could possibly leak that could damage Microsoft more than Microsoft has already damaged themselves. It would be hilarious if it was just all of the stuff we already found out at the Xbox reveal.

boingball

For those wondering, here's the info he's gotten right and wrong-

-MS will allow used games just like the 360, but Sony won't.
-Xbone will be more powerful than the PS4. ("Buy a Durango and you won't end up with crap.")
-Xbone doesn't require an online connection, but the PS4 likely requires it.

But:
MS will allow used games, MS said so. And we don't know what Sony will do.

But But:
The cloud! 40 times more powerfull than the PS4!

But But But:
Xbone does not require online connection, at least 23:59 hours in a day.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
<script>
function myFunction()
{
var x="";
if (I am arrested)
{
x="leak that shit";
}
else
{
}
}
</script>

</body>
</html>

fuck man, I lost it.

Raven77

Oh MAN this just got real. I can only imagine what files he has, maybe some internally recorded documentation about how Microsoft wants to do all of this DRM stuff for profit but that they will tell us its for another reason.

Yes, this is obvious to anyone with a brain, but a real piece of documentation never meant to be seen by the public talking about how they will lie to all of us will cause this to become a PR disaster of incredible proportions.

Either way we'll find out very...

9edbd2b7d99f181f51c44c32255fdec2.jpg

Monocle

<script>
function myFunction()
{
var x="";
if (I am arrested)
{
x="leak that shit";
}
else
{
}
}
</script>

</body>
</html>
Haha nice.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Hopefully, if he has the dump, he could delay, or even scrap the machine with draconian practices.

Top Bottom