• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SuperDaE is threatening to release lots of secret Xbox One info if he is arrested

Patryn

But Twitter has no direct interest in this outside of pressure from the FBI, Microsoft, and the other companies dae has information on.

I'm sure they wouldn't take much convincing, though.
As I edited in, the companies threaten a lawsuit and Twitter will likely acquiesce with little resistance.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Who's to say that Dae guy doesn't have a failsafe?
He's can't be incompetent enough to not foresee twitter bending (chirping? sing like a mocking bird; do mocking birds sing?) under pressure.

what time do australian cops call it quits and go home?

If it was a planned arrest, I'd think they would do it before 5pm. Obviously there are cops "working" around the clock, but I imagine there would be paper to file and information to enter relating to his arrest. That's the kind of stuff they would rather do in the day.

Borman

For what its worth, the hacks of Epic don't surprise me in the slightest. I've seen plenty of evidence, in the form of dozens of builds from every Gears of War game, plus unreleased titles. There is a reason why I usually don't cover unreleased and beta versions of current generation stuff on my site, and the hacking that goes on plays a large part.

I'm dying to see and hear about what he has but I have a feeling it's a bluff, that or he just won't be arrested. Either way I bet we don't get anything.

Persona86

Banned
So what kind of information does Microsoft not want people to know about past generations? Can you imagine if it's about Kinect spying on us, that would really kill the Xbox One. :O

portugueseguy

Neo Member
Most big companies have dark secrets in my opinion. It really could get worse, if he's telling the truth.

Everyone, sometime, have a dark secret... Let alone secrets. In business that can be the difference between success and failure. This case is just stupid but I'm here to see what's going to happen and "have fun".

cornerman

So what kind of information does Microsoft not want people to know about past generations? Can you imagine if it's about Kinect spying on us, that would really kill the Xbox One. :O

Only thing I could think of is some downplayed hack. Or maybe some future price hike on unsuspecting customers. That or unflattering e-mails that make for bad PR. Another red-ring like fiasco? Only horrible things I can think of.

Just revealing their future plans isn't that big a deal is it?

The OS could be using 3GB of ram to record you in 1080p 30fps, and then send it to the always online 300k virtual servers.
That could be terribly juicy, and could save people from humiliation/incrimination. The home is a private place.

Forgive me as I am assuming that there is no information of actual law breaking or intent to break the law. Such a thing would of course lead to the Xbone jumping the tracks as well as many people standing before a federal tribunal of some sort.

But to counter you impugning my sense of justice, my assumption is based on the notion that anyone discovering such a plot would attempt to release that information to the public. As that has not been done, I see two options; a) MS has no dirty laundry of that magnitude involved here or, b) SuperDAE is a disgusting human being for keeping this kind of thing under wraps. Are both options possible? Sure, maybe even both are true to an extent, but I assume SuperDAE, or anyone with any kind of conscience, would have tried to leak info like that already if it existed. Ergo, I'm thinking nothing more than behind the scenes discussions about the Xbone that make MS look worse.

Now can I please have my crest back?

shink

So it's 3pm in Australia now. If he's getting arrested today, surely they will do it in business hours?

Just FYI, we have three to five different time zones depending on Daylight Savings. Seems like SuperDaE is in Perth, so there is a two hour difference between Perth and Melb/Syd.

For those wondering, here's the info he's gotten right and wrong-

Given to Kotaku-

+Kinect required to function
+Kinect always on, always functioning
+Mandatory Installs
+Multi function apps, able to load during gameplay
+No major changes to controller

Posted on his Twitter-

+The names of the start/back buttons have been changed.
-MS will allow used games just like the 360, but Sony won't.
-Xbone will be more powerful than the PS4. ("Buy a Durango and you won't end up with crap.")
-Xbone doesn't require an online connection, but the PS4 likely requires it.
-Basically anything bad about the Xbone was refuted and attributed to the PS4

So basically, his Twitter record is terrible, but the info he gave Kotaku ended up being pretty legit.

My opinion: he knew stuff, and anything he didn't know he pretended he did. So I don't know what to think.

He also said that Remedy's next game wasn't Alan Wake but an untitled shooter. No one believed him, but it seems like he were right.

Just FYI, we have three to five different time zones depending on Daylight Savings. Seems like SuperDaE is in Perth, so there is a two hour difference between Perth and Melb/Syd.

I live in Brisbane, and as far as I'm concerned Queensland time is the ONLY time!

Actually I had no idea what state this guy was from

Mxrz

Isn't this just likely another attempt at an attention grab? What's to stop him from saying "Ah ha, they didn't have me arrested. See, my stuff is legit. MS is afraid of me!!" on any random day?

Replicant

Police don't usually arrest this kind of target on a broad daylight unless they have information that target is about to run away soon. They normally do the sting really late at night when they know the target is at home sleeping and unaware. It minimizes the chance of target running away. This is how they catch illegal immigrants and those who are suspected of major criminal activities.

His bail was granted. So I guess no leaks :(

Damn. MS must have some juicy leaks.

"The FBI is planning to arrest me? Surely childish, public blackmail will thwart one of the world's most brilliant police agencies and set them in their place!"

Call me morbid, but I actually want this guy in prison, just to get him to shut up and stop stroking his ego. This isn't even about the leaks. I just don't like the guy.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Isn't this just likely another attempt at an attention grab? What's to stop him from saying "Ah ha, they didn't have me arrested. See, my stuff is legit. MS is afraid of me!!" on any random day?
Of course it is, this is SuperDae we're talking about ; )

Tesseract

Banned
"The FBI is planning to arrest me? Surely childish, public blackmail will thwart one of the world's most brilliant police agencies and set them in their place!"

Call me morbid, but I actually want this guy in prison, just to get him to shut up and stop stroking his ego. This isn't even about the leaks. I just don't like the guy.

you want a guy in prison because you don't like him?

fallagin

Well, if nothing happens in the next couple of hours then it looks like his plan worked. The police are probably shitting in their pants thinking about what would have happened had they apprehended him.

Edit: I just had an idea: we could have australia gaf kidnap him just until the thing leaks. Anybody willing to go to prison for this? They will surely let you off easy given the circumstances.

Wvv4C2M.gif

#peopleeatingthingswaitingfortheshow

John-Cena-Not-Bad_zps709b87d0.gif

Top Bottom