• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERH|OT| SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

Zomba13

I'm in the UK and had no issue just adding it to my cart, logging in and checking out with Paypal. I went to the Steam store to buy it because yesterday at some point it said available in 19 hours or something so I assumed it'd be available to buy after 6pm GMT like new releases usually are here but nope. Used Nuuvem, order went through instantly, got the order approved email and went through the link to get my code and it's now downloaded.

bounchfx

25 dollars.. yikes. this is one of those titles that I expected to be 10-15 at most and now I'm struggling to justify it. It looks amazing, but how much content is there? I can barely bring myself to buy AAA games at 20 bucks. hmmmmmm

I'm in the UK and had no issue just adding it to my cart, logging in and checking out with Paypal. I went to the Steam store to buy it because yesterday at some point it said available in 19 hours or something so I assumed it'd be available to buy after 6pm GMT like new releases usually are here but nope. Used Nuuvem, order went through instantly, got the order approved email and went through the link to get my code and it's now downloaded.

I'm in the UK and it told me it wasn't available in my country

25 dollars.. yikes. this is one of those titles that I expected to be 10-15 at most and now I'm struggling to justify it. It looks amazing, but how much content is there? I can barely bring myself to buy AAA games at 20 bucks. hmmmmmm

I'm in the UK and it told me it wasn't available in my country

Use a VPN if you want to order through there.

MUnited83

For you.

You didn't need to use a VPN?
yeah I'm using Brazil now. I just gotta make an account. ew. So it will give a key valid for any steam region then? totally buying it if so.

Region free,works fine anywhere!

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I swear the initial download/allocation screen said it needed 4GB or so. =

Yeah, very strange. It only downloaded 1GB.

I played the first level without a problem.

I backed the game on KS, but my tier didn't had access to the beta. I don't know if it is the same build or if this is the right one.

Edit: I really liked the game's menu.

Unain

Now to find a way to make it open on my main monitor, not my 2nd one...

Windowed and then move it to main monitor, pressing alt+enter works!

Smash88

Banned
$35 in Canuck funbucks? Yikes.

Dude I just saw this! I was excited, but now I'll just wait for a humble bundle or sale. I understand our dollar is not that great, but this is just ridiculous.

They need to learn what purchasing power is.

Thankfully you can get it elsewhere, but still.

woof this is a good ass video game, gonna put some serious time into making the level replays look as cool as possible.

weirdly enough to get the mac version to run, it has to crash itself and after re-opening it works fine o_O

keenerz

Alright watching all the reviews and stuff, I convinced myself to get this. It seems super intriguing and just looks so cool. Can't wait to get into it.

Zomba13

You didn't need to use a VPN?

Nope. It just worked for me.

EDIT: I did already have a Nuuvem account though, don't know when I made it though. Might've made the account via a VPN a while ago for a game but then didn't bother? But I was able to add the game to the cart and go to checkout (where it prompted me to log in) without a VPN though, then paid via paypal without a VPN when logged into my account.

Oh gosh, Tree Dude will not stop his song. If I restart that game I have to restart the game.
Music layers on top of itself with each restart and doesn't stop when I quit Tree Dude.

Does seem to stop when I run superhot.exe at least.
Tree Dude is otherwise cool.

robotrock

Banned
Gosh this game is awesome. The stuff they did story wise to expand it over the original prototype is incredibly cool to see.

Werd

PC version would be superior though because of KB+M

PC can do both obviously, but trying both control schemes just now I like the controller more personally. As far as I could tell (someone let me know if I missed an option), to continuously move in slow motion on KB+M you have to tap repeatedly so time doesn't start ramping up with it held. With an analog controller you have smoother control over the speed mechanic, and snappy aiming isn't a big deal when time is nearly frozen.

At least in the basic first few levels, I know it has challenges and such that could get trickier.

Spruchy

PC can do both obviously, but trying both control schemes just now I like the controller more personally. As far as I could tell (someone let me know if I missed an option), to continuously move in slow motion on KB+M you have to tap repeatedly so time doesn't start ramping up with it held. With an analog controller you have smoother control over the speed mechanic, and snappy aiming isn't a big deal when time is nearly frozen.

At least in the basic first few levels, I know it has challenges and such that could get trickier.

Plug a ps4 controller in, keep all the aforementioned benefits of PC version lez go

Yurikerr

Man, i just made something awesome. On the 3rd or 4th level i made one of the guys shoot his friend when i was almost getting punched.

Will try to find the replay on Killstagram.

ymgve

Anyone got really bad performance? Stuttering all over the place. The beta was iirc totally smooth, so this is disappointing.

Yurikerr

This keeps launching on my secondary monitors and I don't know how to fix that. :/

Alt+Enter to switch to windowed, drag the window to your primary monitor and Alt+Enter again.

TGMIII

This keeps launching on my secondary monitors and I don't know how to fix that. :/

I had to disconnect my second monitor because if I dragged it over myself and fullscreened it, it wouldn't fullscreen correctly.

Anyone got really bad performance? Stuttering all over the place. The beta was iirc totally smooth, so this is disappointing.

It's stuttering basically any time I do anything, espically when an enemy dies and brakes into fragments it stutters extremely heavily yet my FPS counter doesn't move and we're not alone. It's completely unplayable for me once it starts to stutter. I'm seeing people elsewhere complaining about the same issues.

Unain

Yeah, a bit of stuttering here too on occasions.

Some people say that turning Vsync on will fix it.

Devs said they worked hard to make the game control great with a gamepad. Considering this game is practically turned based, I don't see the advantage that KB&M has here

Plus analog sticks give you fine control over your forward movement

Hektor

Anybody knows how i can find my replays on killstagram?

€: Oh, selecting replays from the main menu links to your profile on that site.

Mugen08

Yeah, a bit of stuttering here too on occasions.

Some people say that turning Vsync on will fix it.

Same here, no difference with V-sync on/off or going between FAST/BEST-settings. Will await a new build/patch. Feels like a good fun game when hopefully fixed. =)

Top Bottom