• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surface Book Is Microsoft's Glorious New Laptop - twice as fast as macbook pro

Tall Paul

Great to see all the positive reviews coming out, but i got impatient and picked up a new SP3 64G 2 weeks ago for a bargain or £485 so well chuffed at that price for what i need, plus leaves a few quid fro the new SP4 keyboard.

Soi-Fong

I'm stuck between the Surface Book i7 w/ 16 gigs + 512 SSD + dGPU or waiting for the Macbook Pro refresh. Decisions, decisions...

I'll primarily use it for Max modeling, rendering, using the Substance packages for texturing and Unity and Unreal development. With some light gaming mixed in like Darkest Dungeon, FTL, that sorta thing.

Hmm...

AlexMogil

I got to play with one at Best Buy today. I love how light the screen is when it is detached. It is so so light. It seemed perfectly usable as a standalone tablet. Keyboard was nice but boy is that screen bouncy when it is attached. Really bouncy.

The touchpad mouse seemed to lock up a lot which I thought was disappointing. Sometimes I could eject the screen, sometimes not. I loved that fact that there was a system tray app that detached the screen.

Dunno what I want to do. Stay with my SP3 i7, go to a SP4 i5, splurge on a Book.

heyf00L

I'm tired of Windows laptops with crappy driver support. My ASUS is just a little over a year old, and while they released some Win 10 drivers, they haven't gotten the multitouch trackpad working (I don't care too much since the diver in Win 8 would use 100% CPU). Also sometimes it won't wake from sleep. It's not the newest model, so they obviously don't care.

I'm pretty sure MS would never let something like that happen. Like how Google supports Nexus and Apple their products.

Top Bottom