• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swig_

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like Sarah doesn't have a big chance at winning. She's been playing both sides and doesn't have much of an alliance. Seems like she's only around because she's the swing vote. People tend to not like it when people play both sides like she is doing.

If she gets to FTC with Brad or Tai and maybe even Troyzan, I don't see her winning. She'd have to show up there with Cirie and Aubrey, I think.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like Sarah doesn't have a big chance at winning. She's been playing both sides and doesn't have much of an alliance. Seems like she's only around because she's the swing vote. People tend to not like it when people play both sides like she is doing.

If she gets to FTC with Brad or Tai and maybe even Troyzan, I don't see her winning. She'd have to show up there with Cirie and Aubrey, I think.

I think you're 100% wrong. People don't like it when people betray them and defect from their alliance, ala Cochran 1.0. But people like Sarah are more like Sandra, who are opportunists who just maneuver through making allies when they need them. The hurt feelings aren't the same because there isn't a longstanding relationship trust broken. I think Sarah would destroy everyone left except Cirie (who might not beat her after that stupid move in front of the jury, but the lady has a silver tongue and can explain her moves well) and maybe Culpepper, but he's rich and famous and that might hurt his chances. I think it's crazy to suggest that Troyzan would get a single vote, let alone beat Sarah. Tai will never win this game based on his Final Tribal Council performance last time. He cannot sell himself well. I'm not sure what Aubry would say to sell herself, she was on the wrong side of the vote practically every time. I would rank the chances of winning, of course depends on who's there:

1.Sarah
2.Cirie (I don't think anyone would take her though)
3.Culpepper
4.Tai
5.Aubry
6.The dead mother goat they totally killed off camera
7.Troyzan

1.Sarah
2.Cirie (I don't think anyone would take her though)
3.Culpepper
4.Tai
5.Aubry
6.The dead mother goat they totally killed off camera
7.Troyzan

I think this is 100% correct. If Sarah gets to the end, she'll have to make more big moves along the way. It's not possible for anyone to beat her in votes moving forward. Which is why she'll likely go home. If she doesn't, she deserves the win.

Cirie took a huge hit with her stupid play in front of the jury. That damned her game right there. I'd still put her above the rest, but only because none of them have any control at all.

If those two go, Brad definitely gets the nod as he's the leader of the minority alliance. And that's better than nothing.

Tai basically can't win unless he goes up against Troyzan (who's a non-issue) and Aubry (who was simply always getting backstabbed and never made a move).

I do wonder what happens off camera though with Aubrey. It seems like she thinks she's doing pretty well, but the edit doesn't show that at all.

kirblar

Brad can't win due to his career and money and his weird edit is likely because they dont want to go into why he can't win, because they like their stuntcasting.

Brad can't win due to his career and money and his weird edit is likely because they dont want to go into why he can't win, because they like their stuntcasting.

I don't think returnees are going to care at all about someone career and money. They're just going to vote for him because he's more liked. You think his alliance would vote for anyone over him just because he has some money?

kirblar

I don't think returnees are going to care at all about someone career and money. They're just going to vote for him because he's more liked. You think his alliance would vote for anyone over him just because he has some money?
Yes. Brad can never, ever win Survivor in a season where people know who he is.

Yes. Brad can never, ever win Survivor in a season where people know who he is.

I think that's insane thinking for a returnee season where everything gets more personal or players feel more jaded when they're on that jury.

If it was someone like Russell(besides his whole persona) was out there and talking about all the money he makes, yeah I'm 100% with you, but Brad who has had some really tight relationships this season? I think that's crazy.

kirblar

I think that's insane thinking for a returnee season where everything gets more personal or players feel more jaded when they're on that jury.

If it was someone like Russell(besides his whole persona) was out there and talking about all the money he makes, yeah I'm 100% with you, but Brad who has had some really tight relationships this season? I think that's crazy.
The problem is that $500K after taxes is a drop in the bucket for him while it's lifechanging for someone else. He can't get further than second place. And he's never played on a season where that wasn't public knowledge.

The problem is that $500K after taxes is a drop in the bucket for him while it's lifechanging for someone else. He can't get further than second place. And he's never played on a season where that wasn't public knowledge.

That's all fine and good, but I just don't see people like Debbie, Troyzan or Sierra giving a shit about that normally, not even taking into account how Sierra and Debbie went out. But I just can't see people putting their problem with money over their butthurt or anger over being sent out of the game.

I could see them having more a problem of handing money to a kid like Spencer or Hali than they'd feel about handing more money to someone they really like.

kirblar

That's all fine and good, but I just don't see people like Debbie, Troyzan or Sierra giving a shit about that normally, not even taking into account how Sierra and Debbie went out. But I just can't see people putting their problem with money over their butthurt or anger over being sent out of the game.

I could see them having more a problem of handing money to a kid like Spencer or Hali than they'd feel about handing more money to someone they really like.
I mean, yes, people like Spencer and Hali need to eliminate people like Jeremy. Going to the end w/ parents is a bad idea.

One key thing I'm going into the finale with in mind is that 100% Cirie or Aubrey are going to get completely screwed over by something. Either one of them by there being 20 idols in play or Aubrey getting to the FTC and not winning again. Their edits this whole season has just put me in mind of people the editors are scared to really show much of because how their season ends out will not be well liked.

One key thing I'm going into the finale with in mind is that 100% Cirie or Aubrey are going to get completely screwed over by something. Either one of them by there being 20 idols in play or Aubrey getting to the FTC and not winning again. Their edits this whole season has just put me in mind of people the editors are scared to really show much of because how their season ends out will not be well liked.

Oh I absolutely expect Cirie or Aubry to get screwed over in the final 6 tribal council. There's an immunity challenge winner. Troyzan's idol. Tai's 2 idols. He might use one for Culpepper too. Sarah's legacy advantage. So the ones most in danger are Cirie and Aubry, which might be true even without all the idol garbage due to how last week's tribal council played out.

I guess that makes sense, though Michaela is a lock vote for Cirie.

It's too bad Cirie had to make that dumb move though. She had the narrative up until then but now just looks stupid. Hope she can still make it or maybe convince Tai to give her an idol :p

Edit for tonight: So this is my first Survivor season. How does it end? Are they really going to vote off five people in two hours?

Krogan

Edit for tonight: So this is my first Survivor season. How does it end? Are they really going to vote off five people in two hours?

3 vote outs with 3 left for Final Tribal Council where the Jury asks questions to determine who they want to vote for the million.

UberTag

Incidentally, I think it's poetic that the advantage Michaela casually ignored sitting beneath her on that perch during the water challenge she sat out on was ultimately what did her in when Cirie attempted to misplay it.

I can't wrap my head around the logic that it was supposed to be good for Sarah that Cirie took her vote. What was she thinking? She really does deserve to go home for that move, but I still want her to win :p

Cirie why couldn't you be smarter? :(

Tai just needs to scrape by here and then he's in the final three. Don't listen to Brad here. If Aubry's going home, don't waste an idol!

Hypothetically, can't Tai give Aubry an idol to play right now, and then the three of them (with Cirie) vote out Troyzan (of course they'd actually vote for Sarah who has the advantage so it'd go to the 2nd most votes, which would be ????)

DopeToast

Banned
Damnit. There's a tornado warning in Dayton and the I've barely watched any.

Anything interesting happen on the reward? Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom