• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Owners: What version did you get and why? Any regret?

Zen Aku

Any of you guys regret getting such bright neon colors? Or maybe that playing it safe with gray turned out to be too boring?

Or are you happy with your decision.

OG2hHwW_d.jpg

I was set on getting gray but then the neon came in stock on Amazon Prime and I had to bite. Upon seeing how nice the neon colors look in person, I do not regret it!

I got gray because that was what I could actually find and I wasn't going to pass it up when I had the chance to buy one. I wanted neon but ultimately it doesn't matter very much to me.

Griss

Just ordered mine yesterday, having waited months to get my hands on one to try before I bought.

Before trying it, I was thinking neon. Having used the grey one it was an easy choice to go grey. Looks much better than I thought and neutral colours will attract less attention on planes and less attention in my living room. And the neon colours remind me too much of the highlighters I use at work.

Oreoleo

I remain very pleased with my basic bitch grey joycons. My concern with the colored joycons is that they would be too visually distracting when playing in handheld mode.

I wanted neon. I got gray. It's what was available. Not that big of a deal. Went ahead and ordered a set of neon yellow joycon shells from China and swapped them in. Worth the nine bucks, I think.

Giolon

I pre-ordered Neon because I thought it looked really fun and colorful. Then, I immediately regretted my decision because I thought "That thing has to sit on my entertainment center" and "What if I'm out in public and want to attract a little less attention to myself?" so I went and bought a set of grey controllers upon release.

I typically use grey for public settings and neon for more fun settings (like conventions or get-togethers).

Femto.

Just ordered a Mario Kart bundle with Gray Joycons.

Pretty excited,but I'm personally waiting for a FE or Pokemon special edition in the upcoming year. Hoping that you can transfer your saves from system to system by then lol

AGITΩ

I got Grey only because i dislike blue. Now that Amazon has the dual Reds, might get them. But holding out for some Silver or Gold Joycons. For splatoon I really wish they went with multicolored Splat styled joycons. Joycons are really the fashion piece to a switch anyway.

Sora_N

I wanted Neon but got the Grey for a discount.

I super regret it since the joycons are unavailable anywhere.

alvis.exe

Couldn't decide which one I wanted but then chanced upon a neon one in the wild so my decision was made for me. No regrets after seeing it in person, now I just need to get my hands on one green and one yellow joycon and I'll be set!

Soodanim

I don't have a Switch yet, but I got to get a feel for one the other day and I can see the Neon being fine. I'd probably go grey because I don't have any colourful electronics, but the neon controllers wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Is that a good enough answer?

No ragrets

BdPPOeah.jpg

My man. (Nice pic by the way).

I got neon by chance due to it being a payment for watching my sisters kids, but it's what I wanted.

I gotta get the right blue like above, cuz I think that looks really nice. Today is my birthday so hopefully I can work something out with someone to order 'em off amazon.

Edit:
Couldn't decide which one I wanted but then chanced upon a neon one in the wild so my decision was made for me. No regrets after seeing it in person, now I just need to get my hands on one green and one yellow joycon and I'll be set!

For Packers colors?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Gray. I often take it on commutes and dont want to attract more attention than it already does.

My man. (Nice pic by the way).

I got neon by chance due to it being a payment for watching my sisters kids, but it's what I wanted.

I gotta get the right blue like above, cuz I think that looks really nice. Today is my birthday so hopefully I can work something out with someone to order 'em off amazon.

Happy birthday!

Haunted

Grey so there's at least a little bit of decency when playing the thing in public. Got a pair of neon joycons so I don't have to fiddle around with grips and what not at home.

Malcolm9

I actually bought my mates Switch today and my joycons are grey, pretty happy with that.

The Neon ones are decent, but I prefer a more simple colour on my consoles/handhelds.

Grey and yeah kinda. I thought the Neon would look terrible but it actually looks alright. Good thing Nintendo will come out with a million different joy-con colors.

Juraash

I pre-ordered a grey one at launch, but ultimately had to cancel it due to some RL stuff that hit right before it actually came out.

A couple months later, someone posted here that Neons we're available for Prime members. Snapped it up as quick as I could. I thought I might dislike the Neon in hand, but I actually really love it. I'm glad it's what I wound up with even if it isn't what I had originally planned.

MarkusRJR

I got the grey version and while I like it, I wish I got the neon version. I'd have gotten the reverse colored pack and have complete sets of red and blue to cycle through when I'm playing on the go.

I'll be happy if Nintendo releases green joycon 2 packs later on though.

I got the grey one but picked up a set of the neon joycons. The neon looks wayyyy better than I thought it would. I keep it those on in portable mode. Don't care what anyone in public thinks or whatever. I'm a 32 year old man playing a video game console.

Keinning

The only people selling them here in Brazil which i found had only the grey ones. Which i bought.

If i regret my purchase? Not at all. I don't even game on it that much (save for an occasional mario kart match with my son). But he loves it, so if he's happy, i'm happy as well. And when Mario Odyssey drops (and the pokemon game later), i'm going to play it a lot. So it's all good. Xbox is still my main console, my kid plays on the switch, my wife keeps asking me when The Sims 4 is coming after the pre-order, we're all happy. Couldn't ask for more.

JustJavi

I got a grey switch, bought neon joy cons for my wife when Mario Kart came out, and I now want pink and green as well.

Top Bottom