• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Owners: What version did you get and why? Any regret?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Grey!

And the other week i found a pair of red and blue joycons for sale repaired stock for $50 for the both. And theyre the original ones not the flipped seperate joycons. So im pretty stoked

Fliesen

i picked grey because i thought Neon would be too flashy.

Ever since, i bought the set of Neon controllers and basically exclusively use those now. #neonConvert

Still, no regrets. needed to have 4 joycons anyways. - who knows, maybe i'm gonna go back to the grey pair some day.

Wanted to wait and see what other colours came along in future so I went grey.

No real regret so far, all colours are still fairly widely available and we have no current software that absolutely needs us to have more than one set and the pro controller.

I do get blue/red neon envy sometimes when I see one in a store or out in public. In certain lighting those things are damn beautiful. Neon yellow almost got me too. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on those.

If they bust out a GameCube spice orange or purple set I am there day one.

VeeP

Grey, on purpose when I could've chose either one. Neon would just look terrible docked lol.

No regrets.

Chao

Neon B&R

Although all the new colors they've been releasing look awesome, but they're so expensive... I would buy all of them if I could, neon yellow, green, pink... Jesus

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Neon blue/red. Ever since the unveil I thought the grey looked a bit flat. Neon may look flashy, but it makes the system stand out from the rest. So no regrets whatsoever.

The_Lump

Banned
Neon mixed. No ragrets here.

I plan on getting the Arms yellow joycons and if they bring out a Spice Orange version I'm buying several.

#NEON4LYFE

Tygamr

I slightly regret getting a grey Switch, mostly because of how hard the neon controller sets are to find. Figured I'd get the grey and then pick up a red joycon set, but haven't seen any in stock anywhere—so I just got a second set of grey controllers. I don't care for the asymmetrical color scheme of the neon Switch (though I like the Splatoon joycon), but the red/blue joycon set is easier to find, so I'd have had two matching sets of colored joycons.

Chittagong

Gold Member
BOEiqWX_d.jpg

Zero regrets

TheOGB

Banned
I went and bought a pair of neon Joy-Cons ahead of the actual Switch itself because I'd given up hope on ever finding a neon Switch before Fall. But then shortly after (not even a week, I think) Amazon did indeed have the neon Switch available. So now I have a complete red pair and blue pair of Joy-Cons. Situation worked out better than expected.

Too bad the Green and Pink Splatoon 2 bundle never came to NA.

Genio88

Team gray, no regrets, to me it looks better and more "serious" to hold in public, if they had white though i would have gone with those, still waiting for white with snes colored buttons like the new 3ds(which have been discontinued)

Bastables

Super happy with the neon, so good that I'm going to spring for the Splatoon neon's as soon as they're available.

Colours, the only correct choice.

I got grey, my son got the neon one, which looked so good that I bought all of the neon joycons available. Getting my neon Splatoon Joy cons today btw. Those damn joycons will cost me a fortune but I love them.

TrutaS

I got the grey. Slight regrets just because since it sold less, they gave me an early build with the faulty left joycon- which I had to send for repair. A neon would more likely be a new build.

Zip_it007

I had grey, but my Switch was stolen when my house was broken in to last week. I'm thinking maybe going Neon when I buy a replacement.

Rephin

Gray, and I'm fine with that. I had a chance to get the neon ones but I thought they'd look too gaudy in public. After seeing my friend's neon Switch, I definitely regret nothing.

forrest

formerly nacire
Wanted grey, got grey, happy with grey.

My joy-cons live disconnected in my travel case, so I don't really ever see them anyways.

No ragrets!

lucius

I am happy with grey I like the grey tone they choose, I never wanted my game systems to stand out even though it makes so much sense for the Switch with local play. I will admit the neon joy-cons look better in person and as a 2nd set I plan to get one . Nintendo should try to take advantage of SNES themed ones like some of those mods even if it's limited they look beautiful and are a part of their history.

Shambala

Grey and no. But I’ll get different joy cons tho, mines drops connection so it’s useless off the console itself

Got grey. I'm not sure I would say I have regrets, but I do really like the neon.
Bought the neon yellow joycons for a second set, and yeah, they're dope. I also want the Splatoon colored ones.

Nintendo has me by the balls. I want all of the joycons. I'll hold off until a super sick set comes out, though. A Metroid-themed set? Well, son, I'm in.

Blues1990

I wanted to pick up the bundle with the Neon Joy Con's, but when pre-ordering the system, I lucked out as the orders for that one sold out. So, I went with the default, and picked up the Red and Blue Joy Con's on a later date.

Qasiel

Went for Grey and still happy with it. Also picked up the Pro Controller which is also Grey, so all of my Switch stuff is consistent.

That being said, I do like the colours that are out/coming out and it wouldn't put me off getting some in the future.

Phoenixus

Grey, because though the neon colours looked nice, the non-matching look would've annoyed me very quickly. And I wouldn't be shelling out for the matching joycon set anytime soon. Will likely get a matching colour pair when I do though (come on dark blue!)

Estoc

Splatoon version, because all my friends got red and blue version, and I don't want the boring grey.

Would have waited for a possible orange theme, but Monster Hunter XX is coming out next month, and the price is only going to go up.

No ragert.

Top Bottom