• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Owners: What version did you get and why? Any regret?

JayBabay

Got grey, wanted just grey and just red, finally got the red joy con's ordered today. Saw them in person before and its brighter than I initially thought, looks good!

I wanted all combinations, so I got the neon version of the console as well as a matching neon pair and the grey pair. And I just switch them out whenever I feel like it.

kromeo

I regretted the neon weeks before I even got the thing. I can live with it though, not like I'd ever take it out of the house

Got Grey which I still love but I have since gone YELLOW!
XeGeK4v.jpg

Mine was neon, gfs was gray. Always switch them up whenever.

MB1XfbPl.jpg

a4wbuJEl.jpg

No ragrets. Super tempted to get the Splatoon ones as well. Would love for them to release the dev kit black joycons down the line, too.

Neon, since it was the only one that was available in Ogden at that time. (Walmart, 2:30 AM)

I don't really like them, as I don't really like red or blue, but they work fine so it's whatevs.

theshortbaker

Neo Member
Got the Grey Switch, personally I like the Grey/Black to complement my TV and other audio gear.

Got to get rid of that Xbone S though, will have to trade towards Xbone X to get the black console back.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
got neon. didn't like the look of it at first and was gonna get grey but by the time i actually managed to order one i had warmed up to the neon.

since my Switch crapped out and i can't get another one i might go for the grey.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Got the Mr. Gray version and I am very happy. I am not a big fan of colors that pop and I find the gray scheme look very slick.

Does anyone know what color scheme is the biggest seller so far?

tell me how

It was a real pain and I wouldn't recommend it, but basically I just took the thing apart and stuck the buttons from my broken New 3DS in there. The Joy Con is an absolute nightmare to dismantle and even harder to get back together again (shit is packed tight), and the little locator tabs that make sure the buttons stay in the right orientation are totally different from the Switch to the New 3DS, so I had to cut new slots in the buttons and finesse them until they sat just right. Not something I'd ever do again :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to get the grey version because I wasn't a fan of having two different colors, but when I checked Amazon UK after a GAFfer's tip it said the neon one would be in stock a few days earlier, so I went with that. Ended up loving the blue/red Joy-Cons (though my blue has signal issues, so I need to open it and put some foam inside), and I can't imagine owning a gray pair now.

In about a week I'll receive the green/pink combo, so there'll be more options to pick and mix. It'd be nice to own all colors eventually (including grey), but I'm not sure if that's a wise way of spending my money.

joker3782

Neo Member
Got the Neons since they looked more interesting. Wasn't too big on the colour mismatch though, so got another pair of neons (the ones bundled with snipperclips) so I can have the colours match. At this point though I want all the colours. I want the Grey's, I want the yellows and the splatoon ones (although I hope they release them such that you can avoid the colour mismatch. Don't want joycons to not have a matching joycon colour). Also got a splatoon 2 edition pro controller. Wanna get a regular pro too. It's a shame that this shit is very pricy though.

jts

...hate me...
I got neon and I like it but the grey has grown on me.

The truth is there's not that much to regret because the Joy-cons are just accessories and can be easily changed, unlike when you buy a console in a color.

Want to get the yellows next.

I got grey and love it still. Though I was surprised that the neon joycons, and I'd assume all the other coming colors, had a distinctively different insertion color when you snapped them onto the system. Took me by surprise the first time I had used a friends neon joycons.

Betty

Banned
Got the Neon, Zelda alone made me feel zero regret.

Add on Minecraft, Mario Kart 8 & now Splatoon and for me it already has a better exclusive lineup than Xbox.

Flarin

Got Gray and am totally happy with it. The mismatched Neon colors and my OCD would not have mixed well at all. I wish there were pairs of green or pink released. I definitely would have grabbed those given the option.

Nesther

Got the grey one. Really regret it, especially after finding out that I can only get a full neon blue set if by having bought the neon Switch, as it's the reverse of the neon controller pack.

Misuta

I wanted Grey but it was out of stock in Amazon and bought Neon. Three days later Grey was in stock. :( But I like neon blue colour and maybe I will buy another joy con.

Got the blue and red one, no regrets here. Would quite like the yellow and the lime/pink joycons too but I can't justify the cost.

No ragrets

BdPPOeah.jpg

Very nice, I love the blue configuration and your pic with the GameBoy Pocket is amazing! :D

My man. (Nice pic by the way).

I got neon by chance due to it being a payment for watching my sisters kids, but it's what I wanted.

I gotta get the right blue like above, cuz I think that looks really nice. Today is my birthday so hopefully I can work something out with someone to order 'em off amazon.

Edit:

For Packers colors?

Happy Birthday! :)

As for myself, initially I thought I would get the gray variant since I had no choice while pre-ordering but I ended up getting a neon by chance and don't regret it one bit, it looks awesome! :D

Went grey because its slick to have all one color and dark is stylish. The neons draw too much attention and come off childish

Currently too pricey to get another set of colored in case i dont like them, but if they come out with a sleeker color or design layout at a lower price ill consider it

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Originally preordered grey, but switched to neon after seeing them in real life and the look growing on me.

People critique the mismatched look (I was the same), but now I see it as part of the Switch's character. Also happy with the red/blue colour scheme, but I'm hoping for purple in the future.

I originally wanted the grey versions til I saw the Neon joycons in person which is what I ended up getting. Absolutely no regrets.

Do want to eventually get the Spla2n joycons if they ever get any stock in Japan.

Mafro

Had a grey one preordered but changed mom mind and got a neon one because the grey looked too boring. Plan on getting a separate red joycon at some point.

klier

Very happy with my Neon set

Not happy with not being able to buy a neon yellow set and neon green set due to not being ably to find a pair anywhere.

Top Bottom