• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

drakkykun

Is the game challenging? In all the videos I've watched the guy that was playing seemed like steamrolling through everything, never taking any damage, even against bosses.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Great OT and subscribed.

I'm definitely looking into getting a Vita once this is out in the states.

Fantastic to hear, do hope you will enjoy the game as one thing for sure is you will be getting your $$$ worth with this title.

OK, thanks.

Yep no problem, if you ever have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Is the game challenging? In all the videos I've watched the guy that was playing seemed like steamrolling through everything, never taking any damage, even against bosses.

You can die if you are not paying attention. Its basically if you know what you are doing with the skills then yes it can look easy.

If footage is from the standard story bits with ascending through Aincrad then basically you will steamroll stuff for a little while. Since the enemies are a lot weaker than Kirito, things will get more difficult the farther you get.

The Hollow Area already starts off difficult and you can die there. As stuff is closer and / or above your level. If you watch the videos Ive recorded within the hollow area you can see me and my partner taking damage at times. Plus my character is set for pretty high defense / support oriented. In this game if your partner dies its game over. But with how this game saves anytime you enter / exit a zone you will just restart from the point where you initially entered the zone at.

Cant describe how annoyed I am that the game got announced for US and DL only at that and not EU, meaning Asian Import is the only way :/

Parakeetman

So,does this have all the PSP story content as well or is it completely separate from Infinity Moment?

Its the same story basically. The graphics have been updated somewhat for the original infinity moment part of the story, along with the city has been fixed up a bit. Gameplay has been fully updated and the hollow area addition is pretty large. its a huge remake w/ a lot of new content. Only difference is that this game cuts out a bunch of the initial story stuff with some characters and how they appeared in the world. Though you get a general rundown of everything that has happened up until when you start the game. So for those who didnt play infinity moment will have a basis of how everyone kinda got there.

As stated before this game is a "remake" of infinity moment in a lot of ways. They just compressed and took the initial bits where it shows how some of the characters got into the world. But a compressed version of can be seen through a prologue section. It works pretty well and moves things along a little faster. With the story content for the hollow fragment section included Id say its a fair tradeoff.

Basically the game starts off with Kirito being warped into the hollow area and meeting Filia (Philia) then goes on from there. Once out of the Hollow Area you have the opportunity to watch all the events that had happened since the 75th floor. And where you are at now in the story. It works just fine so should not be an issue.

Parakeetman

Is this game worth the 7k yen? I.e has enough content to last 30+ hours.

Id say so seeing what Ive gone through so far. Not to mention the free updates for the hollow area.

Also why are you paying 7k JPY? Its a little over 5k on amazon jp. Considering it through JPSN or something? Standard edition currently sold out on amazon, restock on the 28th.

*sorry for short curt answers, cooking at same time literally.

The hollow area looks to be pretty large. I almost got lost in it today, granted we have a map but its a bunch of connecting zones it seems. Further out you go the stronger the enemies will get / better loot.

Parakeetman

Added another new combat related video from within the Hollow Area. This time brought Silica along. Using shield + curved sword, then switched to shield + mace for the stun abilities with the skills when taking on the named monsters.
*Btw in case folks were not familiar the pics that look like videos are actual links to youtube videos. Its usually how I link stuff. Though for those who cant see images let me know and will put the direct YT link also under the pic link.

Man just had an INTENSE fight with a Lv 126 Named Monster. Was the one that killed me in the Pt.2 vid in the OP. Was cool stuff though. Had to just be real careful and take a lot of time trying to stun the boss as much as possible while buffing self + silica. Thankfully silica also does buffs. Then there is the part of telling the AI to defend, back off from the fight and other whatnots. Since the game is like an MMO there is "Hate" so whoever starts to pull more gets the bosses attention. With silica at the time being around lv 85 just a few hits could do her in. Man good stuff though. After defeating the boss it unlocked the sealed chest and I got a 2H Axe from it, thats pretty strong. There was a slightly weaker NM too but decided not to press my luck and left the zone to save. But man that feeling of crazy boss fights from MMOs is most def felt in this game even more so considering the upgrades they did to the combat system. But everything works fantastic and allows for you to do a lot of commands quickly if you remember where everything is. I can imagine people who play FF14 on the console will feel right at home with this control scheme. Really wish I recorded that fight, since it was crazy.

*This game saves automatically and there is no "manual save". As odd as a system as that is, the reason behind it is the devs wanted to simulate a mmo "no takebacks" kinda system as much as possible. I suppose thats why they put it on handhelds vs. consoles since you can make your handheld go into standby mode keeping the game state as is. Where on a console if you couldnt manually save you would be screwed when it was time to go somewhere / do something.

am currently uploading some short footage of me using the 2H Axe that I got from the chest after beating the NM. in the mean time its just wasting more time in the hollow area. man its bad that this is taking up all of my time instead of just progressing through the game normally lol. I think next for kicks Ill drag along one of the NPC "player characters" from town instead of one of the main line characters. Though I wonder if they die by "accident" that they stay dead or if its like when a main line character dies and you get game over / start from the last save point? Since that would make it extra stressful if they die by accident and dead forever D:

Parakeetman

hows the preorder dlc? Did you think its worth over a hundred bucks? :p

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Its not like you get to use it right away anyways. The Wedding Dress for example is around 2,000,000 col. The school mizugi was a lot cheaper at 50,000 col I think. So you have to buy the stuff before being able to use it. Money is a bit harder to come by in this game. As seems like they changed the bit where certain monsters would drop cash. Before in the PSP one you could do marathons of running through killing the named monsters / stronger monsters who would drop cash over and over to build up a decent sum.

Some gameplay footage using the newly acquired 2H Axe got from defeating a named monster in the hollow area. Only had 2 weapon skills for it at the time. Maybe? 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml3yO3IIhbQ

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Its not like you get to use it right away anyways. The Wedding Dress for example is around 2,000,000 col. The school mizugi was a lot cheaper at 50,000 col I think. So you have to buy the stuff before being able to use it. Money is a bit harder to come by in this game. As seems like they changed the bit where certain monsters would drop cash. Before in the PSP one you could do marathons of running through killing the named monsters / stronger monsters who would drop cash over and over to build up a decent sum.

Some gameplay footage using the newly acquired 2H Axe got from defeating a named monster in the hollow area. Only had 2 weapon skills for it at the time. Maybe? 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml3yO3IIhbQ

wut you have to buy that shit for them even if you have the code? thats harsh.

So what is the general flow of the game? I understand the gameplay bits, but how does the town stuff work? How bout story? Relationship building?

Parakeetman

Poor Sachi =\

sLLX5km.gif

wut you have to buy that shit for them even if you have the code? thats harsh.

So what is the general flow of the game? I understand the gameplay bits, but how does the town stuff work? How bout story? Relationship building?

If I remember correctly you need to build up your status with said character of your choice before you can gift them equipment pieces, which the dress and stuff fall into. Asides from armor pieces and whatnots. From the start you can only gift them new weapons.

Basically asides from the story bits / events you have to do, you are pretty much free to do whatever you want. Town is for sleeping, changing the appearance of your avatar including voice if you want. Storing items, buying / selling items. And for helping raise your status with the characters in the game by talking with them in town if you are partied up or taking them around town (for the non-combat related characters Yui + Argo are 2 examples) When you are out in the field fighting telling the AI that they did something good with their performed action also raises the rating. Along with listening to their requests in combat. Performing a sword skill, stunning the enemy, using switch are 3 examples that will constantly come up. Also for when you do successful chain combos with them it will also greatly raise the "friendship" rating.

Basic flow in the most simple terms,

Story, Dungeons, Story, etc.

If you watched my Pt 1 & Pt 2 videos should give a general idea about game flow.

For example right now all Im doing is just hitting the hollow area hard and taking turns with all the characters to level them up, raise my rating with them. So basically totally ignoring story progression.

*Edit

Though I really should progress in the story since the later dungeons drop the other types of resources you need to upgrade your weapons. For me its just too amusing wandering around the hollow area looking for trouble & treasure lol

Parakeetman

what does the summer mean in terms of the NA release, June/July?

We unfortunately have no idea on that. Perhaps hope for a more official announcement closer to the E3 or at the E3?

----

I really should progress in the story since the later dungeons drop the other types of resources you need to upgrade your weapons. For me its just too amusing wandering around the hollow area looking for trouble & treasure lol
The need to not progress in the story most likely comes from having played the PSP one already.

Will do another post once I get more footage uploaded. Instead of just posting with a single vid.

---

Also still have 2 copies of the first print LE edition of the Japanese version of the game for sale. 100 USD + Shipping. (for a single copy, not both) Selling it at cost for what I paid just to make that money back.
Details in the Buy & Sell thread link below.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109443127&postcount=7280

Picked up the Limited Edition yesterday and I had a blast with it. Spent a lot of time in Floor 76 (haven't actually been to the Hollow Area). I see that there are four quests, three which I've completed, but this one has stumped me. What am I supposed to do? I see that sometimes there are corresponding (!) marks to the color type of the mission on one of the other NPCs in the field but I'm not sure if that's related because I don't seem to be progressing at all.

14010791702_92d93bccaf_z.jpg

Parakeetman

Picked up the Limited Edition yesterday and I had a blast with it. Spent a lot of time in Floor 76 (haven't actually been to the Hollow Area). I see that there are four quests, three which I've completed, but this one has stumped me. What am I supposed to do? I see that sometimes there are corresponding (!) marks to the color type of the mission on one of the other NPCs in the field but I'm not sure if that's related because I don't seem to be progressing at all.

14010791702_92d93bccaf_z.jpg

You need to go and pick 3 herbs in the valley on the 76th floor is what it says. Ive been too busy with just exploring the Hollow Area to do that one actually. Am eating lunch now, so can check it out in my data in 15 mins.

If its the same as Infinity Moment the area you need to be in is. 敗者達の峡谷, then from there search for the collection points of the herbs.

Found it! I didn't realize that the cave area had another exit to it, and when I explored it I found the area where the item it's in. Thanks for the help there.

14014302475_3c55329e08_z.jpg

Parakeetman

Found it! I didn't realize that the cave area had another exit to it, and when I explored it I found the area where the item it's in. Thanks for the help there.

No problem lol. I actually had just recorded a video with all 3 locations. Ill throw that up for others who have the import version and are unsure where to look. Glad to hear you found it ok!
---

More footage of me running around the Hollow Area, destroying things with the 2H Axe. Combine this weapon with the high hit rate skill and you can do an insane amount of damage, the area of effect attacks are great for getting a bunch of EXP at once too and leveling your partner with the help of Partner EXP up skill. Only thing is that skill takes EXP you earn and gives it to the partner also so you basically gain 0. Nothing too interesting just roflstomping a bunch of mobs for exp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILR4GSqFi8I

Roflstomping a NM with the 2H Axe (this guy is nothing compared to the stuff Ive fought in the Hollow Area D:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZfOmgFXp0M

Video showing the location of the 3 harvesting spots for the herbs for the 少女への贈り物 quest requirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJi-Ik_nuuw

Interesting for items collected from the Hollow Area, it can have the exact same name but stats can be different. Gives more meaning with doing multiple loot runs. Same with attributes such as how much durability it has which allows for how many times it can be "customized". Just got another pretty good 2H Axe. I swear that weapon is great for Leveling.

Parakeetman

That scythe looking weapon looks badass :eek:

Yeah was a 2H Axe I found in the Hollow Area. The damage and stats on it are pretty good. Though when fighting things higher level than you its highly suggested to get the 100% hit skill or else you pretty much wont be landing anything with attacks... D:

Nice to see that they made the weapon better than the PSP version. Or at least it feels like it anyways. Since they were not kidding about big damage with the 2H Axe category. Though its kinda a high risk, high reward weapon since your def isnt too great with it equipped. Accuracy is another problem too. Which is why to be used effectively needs to be paired up with accuracy increasing skills.

I still have not even left the 46th floor, but been venturing out pretty far into the various parts of the Hollow Zone. Would be beyond easy to clear the 46th floor and beyond, but this is just far too amusing exploring like this and finding new junk lol. Since I got Sinon up to Lv 100 going to work on leveling Leafa next and use this weaker 2H Sword I found or maybe the spear. Actually cant use the 2HS yet, need to go down the Rapier Tree which feeds into the Katana Tree that then goes to the 2H Sword tree. Shit forgot about that. lol

Parakeetman

Thanks for all the updates. Hype level increasing will definitely get this when it releases stateside, hopefully soon.

Yep no problem, glad you are finding the info useful!

---

New video. Fought against some lv 137 Undead Dragon, surprisingly we managed to win due to stun locking the hell out of it with skills. Though had used a SP potion before hand and those things are damned rare. Had got a cool sword too, though the sad part was died on a normal fight after due to the 100% accuracy skill wearing off and took way too much damage. lol

We pushed waaaay too far into that zone. I should have tried to use the teleport crystal instead of being cheap and attempting to hump it back. That was totally my own doing D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7Hie5BOBs

While the battle may look "easy" and carefree, believe me when I say its anything but lol. Esp at the end after defeating the dragon you see me engage that other undead. Had though I was totally screwed there considering how low my SP was. Out where I was at in the hollow area fucking sucked lol. Didnt help too that Sinon seems to be more a support type of character than an offensive one.

Hoping they change their minds and at least offer a limited run physical copy.

Of course, I'm happy it's coming at all, but still would be nice ;P

Parakeetman

Hoping they change their minds and at least offer a limited run physical copy.

Of course, I'm happy it's coming at all, but still would be nice ;P

Yeah, I suppose they figured cutting out physical part would allow for the budget to be approved with the game localization in English.

But unfortunately we dont really know what the decision was behind that. Id imagine its a bit too late for folks to try and make some sort of campaign showing "X" amount of people would buy a physical copy of the game. Since this really is one of those special titles that does deserve a physical release personally.

TheChaos0

Man, I'm not even much of SAO fan but imagine if this was an actually MMO PSO2 style. :D I think I'll definitely get this, please release it in Europe. ;)

The game looks like something I'd import but my importing days are done.

NA release is confirmed.

Parakeetman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFyo-glh6xA

Just going through the hollow area as usual this time with one of the non-main NPCs named Mogura. Shes a mace user but her weapon graphic is a shovel. Pretty useful actually in combat, due to her skills that can constantly stun the enemy.

In the video we took on a NM version of the 76th floor boss here. Though I had switched to a 1H Mace and Shield due to being uncertain on the type of damage output this boss has. Not to mention was a decent amount higher than we were level wise. Apparently was the right choice as we stun locked it for most of the battle. Though pretty stressful to make sure I kept the SP flowing and issuing commands to Mogura to keep her skills going and I could say "Nice" which gives me 50 SP back each time I successfully praise any of her actions.

The weapon Im using for the other parts of the video is the dagger, which is useful for dropping stats on your target. My current favorite 3 that I generally do in a row when seriously fighting something is Def Down - Vit Down - Bleed.

Koppai

Looks cool but a little complicated to me...wonder if it's not getting a physical release since it's an anime game?

Parakeetman

Looks cool but a little complicated to me...wonder if it's not getting a physical release since it's an anime game?

Doubt it considering Tales gets physical releases. Id say it had to do more with the budget for when whoever did the proposal for localizing the title.

Its not that complicated once you understand the basic mechanics and how it works. Trust me the PSP version would have made people cry with how user unfriendly it was. Even more so if you were not familiar with MMORPGs. lol

Basically all you are seeing is me going through the L / R shoulder hot bars quickly, then the large one which is L + R to use various skills / items etc. Once you get the hang of it, its all second nature. Plus for the most part fully customizable with the skill hotbars and the location of the skills in the larger skill window.

Sitrus

Dang the first hollow area boss was awesome. Reminded me of certain soul sacrifice boss. I never die in Aincrad, but the hollow area has tricky NMs. Certain are level 143 even, but the feeling when beating them is really rewarding. Using mostly dual sword for their high damage output so have to take care defending and evading while attacking. So far the difficulty seems just right: you want to improve when you die. Got the Y shirt code from my email so those who preordered, check it out.

ranmafan

Well I finally was able to put some real time into the game after a busy weekend. Haven't gotten too far into the game, mostly just running around the 76th floor, doing random battles and all. Like what I've played so far. The world is nice and large, I like that but I found myself getting lost at first. Thankfully I was able to find my way around pretty quickly.

Just played the one of the early bosses and man I need to make sure all my skills are in order for the rest of the game or Im going to be in trouble for sure. Thankfully I got passed that with no real problems.

I just hope I can get some more time into the game this week. Its nice its golden week (which is more like golden weekends this year) but my game time is limited. But I'm sure ill play this whenever I can.

Parakeetman

Well I finally was able to put some real time into the game after a busy weekend. Haven't gotten too far into the game, mostly just running around the 76th floor, doing random battles and all. Like what I've played so far. The world is nice and large, I like that but I found myself getting lost at first. Thankfully I was able to find my way around pretty quickly.

Just played the one of the early bosses and man I need to make sure all my skills are in order for the rest of the game or Im going to be in trouble for sure. Thankfully I got passed that with no real problems.

I just hope I can get some more time into the game this week. Its nice its golden week (which is more like golden weekends this year) but my game time is limited. But I'm sure ill play this whenever I can.

Haha nice to hear you are enjoying your time with it so far!

Whats nice about the skills / different weapons is the game seems to remember the position / selection of skills for said set which saves you the trouble of having to constantly rearrange things again. Really do appreciate that, along with the allowing of customization with the larger skill menus for icon placement.

Currently working on maxing out my rapier skill to move into the katana category. As that thing you can do some pretty insane damage in a group due to putting the bleed status on along with risk increasing moves. Though bad part is you take pretty bad damage too like most of the 2H weapons lol. Though when combined with a lot of the other buff type of skills its a pretty great weapon and worth spending the time on to unlock. It was one of my more used weapons on the PSP version.

My dear sweet Lisbeth, please for the love of god and purple monkeys please stop failing with the upgrades wasting my materials D:
qdGgMzm.gif

As usual Im still pushing further into the Hollow Area and have not progressed in anything story wise lol. But finding a lot of interesting places and getting good exp. Lots of times really am questioning myself if I should try to take on a NM or not to attempt to get the treasure. Also for the NMs that have a bunch of weaker monsters around them you need to clear out everything in that sector before you can unlock the chest. So its not like you can just pop the boss, grab the chest and run. Some of the hangers with the NM can be just as bad as it in terms of how much damage they can dish out and their levels. With that in mind you really need to always check the levels of your targets with the triangle button then scroll around with the directional pad to any other targets in range.

With pulling things with a second press of the triangle button if you try to pull an enemy thats too close to another it will link, so folks need to keep that in mind when trying to take things on one at a time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After playing it for over an hour, going through the first few story cutscenes in town and a new hollow area, I've decided that I'm going to sell the game after all.

I'm not saying that it's a bad game, don't get me wrong, but right now the only two reasons which would make me play a "single player mmo title" are:
- A great story. SAO doesn't have that, if you're not a fan of the show. I'm the type that gets annoyed when all female characters are hitting on the main character during the first 30 minutes of the game.
- Gameplay features that would be hard to pull off in an actual mmo because of the sheer number of people or latency related issues. SAO kind of has that (it's hard to kill a monster way above your level in the current mmos because of how stat-dependent they are), but not nearly enough to make me play this over, let's say, PSO2 or FFXIV.

Again, I'm not saying that the game is bad, if you like the show/visual novels where everyone is hitting on the protagonist/single player mmos. Only two things have actually annoyed me in SAO Vita (aside from the story) - huge slowdowns in certain areas which weren't even too big or have much details and how slow did the last 1/5 of weapon skill look.

Truth be told, if I wasn't playing FFXIV again for the last month, I might have given SAO another chance.

Parakeetman

Some new footage from the Hollow Area as usual, this time using a Rapier. While the damage isnt that high as you can see with how long it takes to kill some things, the negative status effects you can give are helpful. But for main-line fighting its better if one character has a different weapon rather than using 2 with the rapiers. But makes for some interesting fights as they last longer. Good way to practice SP management and watching the flow of the battle. Reason why the damage is kinda low too, is this is the over-priced shitty town shop rapier. I still cant believe this thing was almost 700k... D: Still have yet to find one out here in the Hollow Area, which Im hoping I do since the gear from here is fantastic, beats pretty much anything you find from the normal Aincrad levels thats for sure.

Trying to max this thing out so I can move into the Katana tree as its a requirement to unlock it. Maxing out the Rapier that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REsUNXKsins

*Whoever likes surprises dont read the spoiler
Oh man
just fought my first mimic, I was waiting to see if this game has them and yes they do. Fuckers are strong too. This one was Lv. 127 and hit pretty hard. Cool stuff, since was waiting to see if the game had traps and such,
god I love the Hollow Area. This is one of the many reasons why I have not been progressing at all in the story and just enjoying my own adventure out here.

Ive been getting into all these cool fights out here but I keep forgetting to hit the record button ahead of time as am so into what Im doing lol. D:

Why is there such a long recovery time after using a weapon skill (or whatever they're called)?

Game balance obviously.

Unlike the other skills, the sword skills have no cool down time, so it seems they balanced it out with the animations instead.

Sitrus

Hollow area 2 is amazing. Just wow, the moment when you realize how to get those chests. There are so many dungeons in this game it's baffling how it's a portable game.

Experimented with certain skills and found out that a strategy involving
2H axe, Vitality, Strength, and Perfection Style buffs plus Whirlwind, charging SP with SP Charge and Lightning attack
can clear most hollow chest rooms. Seems treasure chest are also refreshed after some time so you can get new items from them. Still haven't found any Rapiers in the Hollow Area, but lots of other weapons.

The story is no masterpiece and is just fanservice, though it serves its purpose as fillers between dungeons. I tried the multiplayer mode and it's just awesome. 4 playes with each their partner is just crazy fun. Even alone 4 plus your partner is great. Wished it got an online mode.

Parakeetman

Hollow area 2 is amazing. Just wow, the moment when you realize how to get those chests. There are so many dungeons in this game it's baffling how it's a portable game.

Experimented with certain skills and found out that a strategy involving
2H axe, Vitality, Strength, and Perfection Style buffs plus Whirlwind, charging SP with SP Charge and Lightning attack
can clear most hollow chest rooms. Seems treasure chest are also refreshed after some time so you can get new items from them. Still haven't found any Rapiers in the Hollow Area, but lots of other weapons.

The story is no masterpiece and is just fanservice, though it serves its purpose as fillers between dungeons. I tried the multiplayer mode and it's just awesome. 4 playes with each their partner is just crazy fun. Even alone 4 plus your partner is great. Wished it got an online mode.

The story being no masterpiece is kinda expected considering how the series is in general. lol still the event pieces and such are well done regardless and the fans of the series should most def enjoy it.

Treasure chests do refresh after a set amount of time. Esp the ones that are protected by a NM which can also include minions.

All Ive found in the Hollow Area so far is just 2H Axes, Spears, 1H Swords, Daggers for the time being. Along with 2 pieces of armor. I found the entrance to the next zone though since I did not progress in the story bits cant open it yet lol. Killed some lv 146 monster too which was interesting. Fight took forever with this shitty rapier lol. Man that was stressful though, but thankfully it does not seem to have any parry breaking skills. So I could even parry its sword skills that it did, which helped a lot with my SP recovery.

---

More footage of me using the rapier, this time fighting a NM Golem in a mini-dungeon in the Hollow Area. The only real scary thing the golem does is that damned spin attack. D: The ground pound skill also cant seem to be parried. As I think it was in this footage you see my parry get broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJkyz3HCEM

Am about 190 points till I can max out the rapier, but man just like the PSP one this is taking a while haha. Expected though as game wouldnt be fun if you could level up your weapon skills real easy / fast.

Parakeetman

While we had info on this earlier from Hasemo originally sharing a JP link, along with another user posting a Gematsu link heres another update. Will include a partial CnP of their article along with the original link to see the rest.

The content update is said to add about 30 hours plus of play time. This game already gives an insane amount as is if you are the type to just level and wander.

---

The July update, which will presumably come with or be later added to the English version, will include:

• Level cap increase from 200 to 250.
  • A Grand Quest that will help players understand the “Secret Mystery.”
  • With the addition of the Grand Quest, the control ward provision field and new areas “Snowy Mountains” and “Volcano” will be open for exploration. A new dungeon is also being added.
  • Players will be able to enjoy a date with Sachi at the “Garden” (also a new area).
  • Added events featuring new CG.
  • New weapon models.
  • A powerful new boss monster (pictured above).
  • Argo can battle with players as a partner character.
  • Faster item use speed.
  • Difficulty and various system adjustments.
  • New costume for Philia.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/04/sword-ar...ours-additional-play-time#OzrmGqxm2iJICii2.99

Also in regards to DLC

Additionally, Bandai Namco announced a lineup of free downloadable content coming to the Japanese version throughout the month of May:

May 1 – Adventurer Support Weapon Set Treasure Chest
May 7 – Auto-Attack Support Set Treasure Chest
May 15 – Black Two-Handed Sword Treasure Chest, Avatar (Spriggan Kirito Face), and “Fairy Dance” Kirito Transformation Set
May 22 – Hollow Mission “Remains of the Nightmare King” and Yuuki’s Sword Treasure Chest
May 29 – Avatar (Spriggan Kirito Hair (Final)) and “ALFheim Online” Special Set

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/04/sword-ar...ours-additional-play-time#OzrmGqxm2iJICii2.99

Seriously the faster item use speed is appreciated, since its INSANELY slow as is. Which I can understand why they did it, but obviously it was way too slow, hence the change.

Image of the upcoming Garden Area & Character Concept Art of Philia's new Outfit

Literally dont have any more room left in the OP to add this info. D: I also really should fix Philia's name in the OT with the graphics, but dont want to bother currently lol

drakkykun

The July update, which will presumably come with or be later added to the English version, will include:
Level cap increase from 200 to 250.
A Grand Quest that will help players understand the “Secret Mystery.”
With the addition of the Grand Quest, the control ward provision field and new areas “Snowy Mountains” and “Volcano” will be open for exploration. A new dungeon is also being added.
Players will be able to enjoy a date with Sachi at the “Garden” (also a new area).
Added events featuring new CG.
New weapon models.
A powerful new boss monster (pictured above).
Argo can battle with players as a partner character.
Faster item use speed.
Difficulty and various system adjustments.
New costume for Philia.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/04/sword-art...qxm2iJICii2.99
All that stuff for free? If so, kudos to them.
Anyway, hopefully they add difficulty options, as far as I can see the game looks incredibly easy.
I'm looking for a challenging jrpg. I'm sick of jrpgs where you just steamroll through everything.
Keep it up with the videos, Parakeetman, I really appreciate them! :)

Parakeetman

All that stuff for free? If so, kudos to them.
Anyway, hopefully they add difficulty options, as far as I can see the game looks incredibly easy.
I'm looking for a challenging jrpg. I'm sick of jrpgs where you just steamroll through everything.
Keep it up with the videos, Parakeetman, I really appreciate them! :)

Yep its all within the free updates that they promised the users. And with how large the hollow areas are should be great to constantly have new content, things rebalanced.

Since some of the hollow missions are a bit well unfitting for how the game is designed. Its not impossible to do, but can be a pain in the ass. Such as the get from Point A to Point B without alerting a single enemy. Which can be a bit fail due to how the AI. Ive done it successfully a bunch of times, but doesnt meant that its fun or well designed. The other irritating one is the dont kill enemy type A, while killing type B. Considering type A attacks you also your partner can attack them after target B is taken out. Which is a bit problematic. Thankfully there is no penalty for failing the mission, but they should have thought things through a bit more. Since its not exactly the best implementation of the system with how the game is currently designed.

As I mentioned its because I actually know what Im doing that it appears to be easy. There are more difficult fights and if you dont prep correctly you can die pretty easily. This game is about choosing your battles correctly too. Ive been in some of the higher level zones where for example enemies are lv 140+ Its basically like fighting named monsters cept these are the standard mobs. Damned good exp though, but the downtime in between when you recover SP is kinda great due to how much you use to take down a single target.

Indeed will be making more new footage tonight and uploading it! Ive been just working on maxing out the rapier which had finished, so am working on the curved blade now to make way for unlocking the Katana skill. So have not recorded anything new as would just be seeing the same old of me killing pretty much what you have seen in past footage. Been doing loot runs too to earn money for equipment.

y this art so gud

i'm angry rrrrgrrrr

The art for the 2d dialog scenes is also really well done, big improvement over the PSP version.

---

On a separate sidenote am waiting for the JP 攻略 sites to update since am curious if the EXP UP (player) + EXP UP Pt. (partner) work together. The reason being is the Exp Up Pt. skill seems to work with funneling all exp to the partner character which includes the exp earned by the player. The Exp Up player skill gives a boost to the player earned exp. With that being said I wonder if it boosts the amount of exp taken from the player which is funneled to the partner. From what Ive seen Im thinking it does. Since it does indeed seem faster than when before having tried it. I dont even remember doing that on the PSP one so couldnt use past experiences as a reference.

Still have not done anything with the story besides work on skilling up my weapons and leveling the other partner characters lol. But Im about to progress the hollow area story just to access the new zone. Which I found the entrance for, need mah lewtz.

Also I understand why they did away with the NMs dropping cash and whatnots. Its due to them expecting the players to use the Hollow Area and farm the "respawning" chests then sell loot they dont need / is outdated. Plus since there are several different stats for the same weapon, you will be trying over multiple times to get a better version and can pawn the rest that you dont need / already gifted to someone.

Conan-san

Providing Bandai Europe don't cock it up (and they're really not known for doing that in terms of getting games out, CE/LE content, maybe but not the actual publication of games) I'm probably going to get this.

It looks surprisingly well put together given how most tie in games tend to vear towards the opposite.

Kirito sounds off though, Like constantly one or two tones happier(?) than I'm want to peg him?

Top Bottom