• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

owlbeak

Christ! I had to go to two Best Buy's and two Gamestop's before I found a copy of this game. At the last Gamestop I went to it was the last copy. Both Best Buy's and both Gamestop's said they only received SIX copies of the game.

I think EA had no faith in this game at all. Shame really, because it's a fucking blast!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Christ! I had to go to two Best Buy's and two Gamestop's before I found a copy of this game. At the last Gamestop I went to it was the last copy. Both Best Buy's and both Gamestop's said they only received SIX copies of the game.

I think EA had no faith in this game at all. Shame really, because it's a fucking blast!
Saw a box pre-street date. Had 3 xbox reserves, 5 copies of the game. No ps3 reserves. 2 ps3 copies.

SOTD all over again. I fear for SSX

DTKT

That's strange, from reading Mr.Gerstmann review, I can't seem to find anything that would warrant a 5 stars.

It also seems that the single player is essentially bland, the only redeeming factor being a fun gunplay. And what if you don't want to touch the COOP? Is this still a good game. I mean, a 6 hours SP is not bad, it's just a bit short.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That's strange, from reading Mr.Gerstmann review, I can't seem to find anything that would warrant a 5 stars.

It also seems that the single player is essentially bland, the only redeeming factor being a fun gunplay. And what if you don't want to touch the COOP? Is this still a good game. I mean, a 6 hours SP is not bad, it's just a bit short.
The single player sure as hell doesn't seem bland. Quite the opposite thus far, really.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
The single player sure as hell doesn't seem bland. Quite the opposite thus far, really.

I really want this to be a good game, hope you're right. It's been a while since I bought a game before release.

FStop7

Banned
Jesus, I've been so busy with work that I didn't realize that today is Syndicate day. This is like surprise Christmas, now I can't wait to get home.

Remmy2112

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if it is possible to unlock all those nice, shiny high tech weapons in a loadout and/or be able to get ammo for them from ammo stations in a level? It's kind of disappointing to invest in a laser rifle to only have it appear as a drop from enemies in a couple missions. :(

Mainly been keeping an eye on this game for the single player, tried the co-op demo and had fun but I doubt I would spend a lot of time on it. Glad to see all the good impressions of the campaign so far

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess people were worried about the founders leaving Starbreeze, but this game gives me what I go to Starbreeze games for. Atmosphere.

Whoever did the sound design deserves some kind of reward. I'm playing with the Sony Stereo Headsets and the guns going off sound like the real deal.

Kahoona

Love the game, but for once I'm actually sad that a game doesn't have competitive multiplayer. I think it could have some pretty awesome and unique elements in it with guns that shoot around corners and through cover.

geebee

Banned
I have a feeling reviewers were expecting/are too used to Call of Duty and other recent first person shooters' short, theme park ride-style single player experience.. which is why they find Syndicate's to be bland.

I haven't played it yet myself apart from the awesome co-op demo, but I have a feeling I'll at the very least enjoy the atmosphere and sound design of the single player game.

Kingpen

Need to know if the co op missions can be played in 1p mode. I'm sure they will be harder to complete. Just need to know the options of the game offline.

Remmy2112

Need to know if the co op missions can be played in 1p mode. I'm sure they will be harder to complete. Just need to know the options of the game offline.

I read that the number of enemies does not scale up or down in co-op based on number of players. I played last night with three people total and today on the same map a number of times with four and the number of enemies appeared consistent.

d00d3n

How do I get this game?

Its not on Steam.

What do?

Origin store. Buy (USA) or prepay (Not USA).

If not USA: Use american dns or vpn to spoof origin country check drm.
Use vpn (dns does not work) to spoof game specific release date check drm.
When the game boots the first time there are no further checks.

Kingpen

I read that the number of enemies does not scale up or down in co-op based on number of players. I played last night with three people total and today on the same map a number of times with four and the number of enemies appeared consistent.

Thanks for the info, just need to know if an online connection is needed for 1p coop and if it can be played in 1p mode. I hear the RPGs upgrades are more fleshed out in coop.

God damn. Well, at least it will keep my friend and I busy.

Not really digging this "4-player or fuck you" trend in multiplayer modes though.

FYI the PC Download is still 10% off on Amazon by the way:

Link

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. Full Disclosure, I'm the Marketing Manager for the Game Downloads group at Amazon. I'm pretty active on CAG and Reddit/r/gamedeals. This is my first post here, hope you all don't mind me popping over and saying hi.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

Link

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. Full Disclosure, I'm the Marketing Manager for the Game Downloads group at Amazon. I'm pretty active on CAG and Reddit/r/gamedeals. This is my first post here, hope you all don't mind me popping over and saying hi.

Welcome!!!!

I follow your stuff on CAG, It's great to see you on here!

vaelic

Banned

Link

Cheers,
Tony

thanks! please stop by more often

Went to BestBuy on my way home and decided on getting the PC retail copy - save me some downloading time. Not only were they not carrying it on PC, they didn't have it on PS3/360. wth

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Installing on PS3 right now. It's 1.8Gb for those curious about the size, although it's going much faster than most installs do. Looking forward to jump into the SP tonight. Hopefully I can link up with some of you Gaffers in the next few days for some co-op.

PSN: RoboPlato

Remmy2112

Thanks for the info, just need to know if an online connection is needed for 1p coop and if it can be played in 1p mode. I hear the RPGs upgrades are more fleshed out in coop.

Yeah. There's considerably more character upgrades as well as apps. There is no suicide or persuade in co-op but you have Backfire and like 10+ others, each with four levels of upgrades.

Installing on PS3 right now. It's 1.8Gb for those curious about the size, although it's going much faster than most installs do. Looking forward to jump into the SP tonight. Hopefully I can link up with some of you Gaffers in the next few days for some co-op.

PSN: RoboPlato

The game hasn't arrived yet, but I am gonna start adding a few people in anticipation of co-op.

JambiBum

Co op is a lot of fun. Except when it keeps fucking dropping one of us in the middle of a game. Causes complete hard freezes of the system. Getting tired of it.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Bought it tonight because

A. No online pass

B. Arthur/Jeff both loved it and when it comes to shooters seems we have the same views 90% of the time.

Love it already about 80 minutes in. Love the style and feel of the guns. Is there a gaf corp?

Really torn whether to get this for PC or 360... my PC is getting on a bit, so I dunno how well it'll run, but I still want the superior visuals.

mik83kuu

Banned
Can the coop be played 1p lone wolf style?

i-know-that-feel.jpg

DaBuddaDa

Thanks man! I'm going to keep it light for a while and see how the 'Gaf community responds. I'm along time lurker and love these forums, just want to make sure the pool is warm to my presence before I jump in :).

Cheers,
Tony

Welcome, and thanks for the link. Please be aware of GAF's self-promotion rules so you don't inadvertently get into any trouble in the future. There have been some bans handed out recently.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I played a few missions on PS3 and it's really cool so far. More tactical and atmospheric than I was expecting, which is a good thing. The guns feel great and the breach abilities are really cool and useful, although I haven't quite hit the groove of using them yet. Also PS3 owners, set your PS3 to 720p for this game. It looks way sharper than in 1080p mode for me since my TV has a better scaler than the PS3.

Welcome, and thanks for the link. Please be aware of GAF's self-promotion rules so you don't inadvertently get into any trouble in the future. There have been some bans handed out recently.

Thanks for the heads up, that's my main concern around too much interaction with the community here, I'm not sure where the line is. I actually emailed the mods a while back and never heard anything. If you browse through my CAG thread you'll notice I'm definitely more about building community than just popping in and talking about sales then leaving.

I'd love to have a living thread like I do over there but I think that would bringeth the ban hammer pretty quickly.

I'll probably just pop into threads from time to time and say hey rather than try and maintain an active community here as well, unless the mods give me permission. Not trying to step on toes.

Cheers,
Tony

Bought today, going to give it some time later.

Are there custom Soundtracks? I wouldn't mind a mix of Deadmau and Shatter
And Deus Ex
to bump along with this.

DaBuddaDa

Thanks for the heads up, that's my main concern around too much interaction with the community here, I'm not sure where the line is. I actually emailed the mods a while back and never heard anything. If you browse through my CAG thread you'll notice I'm definitely more about building community than just popping in and talking about sales then leaving.

I'd love to have a living thread like I do over there but I think that would bringeth the ban hammer pretty quickly.

I'll probably just pop into threads from time to time and say hey rather than try and maintain an active community here as well, unless the mods give me permission. Not trying to step on toes.

Cheers,
Tony

You're definitely in friendly waters here. Amazon is second only to Steam probably in customer appreciation and adoration.

Top Bottom