• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

7hzd3.png

mpBaJ.png
3Upsn.png

7pgab.png
6INUN.jpg

MBb9r.jpg

dgXBL.jpg

LYAnY.png

j6JfL.png

je1qh.png

s1dqU.png

q3pgD.png

ywuRq.png

eTNWS.png
AenzE.png
d0Jyg.png
Jb97n.png
0ASXU.png
c6Zom.png
0Pc8v.png

eK2VS.png
TkO7C.png

ziiNO.png

6IwJF.png

Click the score for the review!
The Gaming Vault (Kayos90's Import Review): 7/10
RPG Fan (Import Review): 90%

YxywH.png

Q: Are there going to be Japanese Voices?
A: No. The game is all in English dub.

Q: I’m new to the Tales series. Do you think this would be a good starting point?
A: Definitely. Plus it’s the first Team Destiny game to be released in NA, so you’re getting two for the price of one.

Q: Is this game a sequel to Tales of Vesperia/Tales of the Abyss/Tales of Symphonia?
A: No. It’s all in the same franchise but it’s a different game It’s also made from a different development team than those games.

Q: How long is the game?
A: It’s around 30-40 hours for the main story arc. The Future arc will take a good 5 hours.

Q: What if I already played this game?
A: Buy it anyway; there’s nothing wrong with double-dipping. You’re supporting the series and increasing the chances of another Tales coming to the West.

Q: How will you rank the Tales Games?
A: People will generally rank Tales of Graces ƒ pretty high in regards to battle system and combat. For story, it’s not as great as Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Xillia, or Tales of Vesperia but it does the job. There isn’t anything annoying or cringeworthy and the pacing is fine. The story may be a bit generic. For a better idea, read the reviews in the reviews section.

Q: How long is the game? How long will it take me to get the platinum trophy?
A: Graces is 30-40 hours for the main arc and it’ll take another 5 hours to complete the future arc. It will roughly take around 100 hours to achieve the Platinum trophy. It’s highly recommended that you do two playthroughs to get it. Lastly, it’s a little easier to achieve Platinum compared to Vesperia’s 1000 Achievement Points.

Q: How many costumes are in the game?
A: Most of the playable characters get about 3 costumes, and two characters get costumes in the Future Arc. Most of the better costumes are paid DLC. Asbel, Sophie, and Cheria can get Tales of Vesperia cameo costumes from Carta Card as prizes.

Q: How do I unlock other difficulties in this game (for trophies. challenge, etc)?
A: To unlock the second-hardest difficulty (“Evil” in the JP version), you must fight 200 battles on Hard. To unlock the hardest difficulty (“Chaos” in the Japanese version), you must fight 300 battles on the second-hardest difficulty (“Evil”). Please note that like in other Tales games, you may switch the difficulty on the fly in the Options Menu in-game.

Q: I need help! Can you help?
A: Check out this handy Wiki/Google Doc. It’s a guide! I didn’t write it. https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARRHUgO6_FEhZGpjNDV4Nl81Z3d2NW52Yzk

Izet9.png

Thanks to the following people for helping me with the OT!!!
Dark Schala for contributing information and being a morale boost!
Ultros! for contributing the Avatars and editing!
Aeana for giving me the idea to do the OT
Everyone else for being super awesome! Buy this game!!!!

Tales of Graces |OT| Gracing PS3 users with the knowledge of friendship

Nice, OT though, combat definitely seems pretty great. Hope to pick this up later this year.

What a fantastic OT!!

Nice job :D

Can't believe only one week till i get my hands on this, I'm sooo dying to play it... I've waited long enough ;_;

SaintZ

Yaay! Finally! Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for a couple of months still ;____;

I'm so looking forward to wrecking havoc with Hubert though. He's so badass!

kayos90

If it wasn't for the fact that I love Break, I would change my avatar to Hubert. Dammit Break!!!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ahaha, I knew he'd go with that title in the end. I wasn't going to back down until I relented at the last minute and told kayos to go with his gut.

It was a pleasure collaborating with you and working on the info part of it, though, kayos. :D

kayos90

Ahaha, I knew he'd go with that title in the end. I wasn't going to back down until I relented at the last minute and told kayos to go with his gut.

It was a pleasure collaborating with you and working on the info part of it, though, kayos. :D

Rofl. Gotta stir that hornets nest. Sorry Schala!!!!!

Ties

Banned
If it wasn't for the fact that I love Break, I would change my avatar to Hubert. Dammit Break!!!!
Go ahead and change it until release day ;)
And can you believe they announced this for the NA in Feb.2 2011.... And we only just getting it?

13 months it's a very very long time. But we made it :D
When Namco confirmed that the game was going to be out by 2012, I was literally on the floor crying because of the extra year of waiting haha. Good thing I went on media blackout for a while about the English release, I don't think I would of been able to contain myself for another year. So happy that Abyss came out near Graces, I would of went insane if it wasn't for that short term Tales fix.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Rofl. Gotta stir that hornets nest. Sorry Schala!!!!!
I figured you'd want it that way. :lol

For reference, the title I was supporting was: Tales of Graces f |OT| Gracefully Shifting the Style of JRPG Combat

someone stop me from going to gamestop tomorrow to pre-order this
Gravijah-kun, you know what I'm gonna tell you. Or else.

Add it to your GameFly queue!

RedBoot

So wait, Tales of Destiny doesn't count as a Team Destiny game? It's my favorite of the Tales games I've played, so I was hoping that would carry over to this one.

Either way, still looking forward to this one.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hey kayos, do you want me to fix the banners for you?

Good job btw.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So wait, Tales of Destiny doesn't count as a Team Destiny game? It's my favorite of the Tales games I've played, so I was hoping that would carry over to this one.

Team Destiny didn't become Team Destiny until Tales of Destiny Remake/Tales of Destiny 2.

Vanilla Tales of Destiny doesn't really count as one TD title, no.

Ties

Banned

From what I understand, the original Tales of Destiny wasn't developed by "Team Destiny". Team Destiny is referred to as the team that developed Tales of Destiny Remake.

If I'm wrong someone correct me.

EDIT: Beaten by Dark Schala boo

vall03

Can you believe we've been waiting since Dec 10, 2009 for this game to be localized?

Time flies by.

ok, lets go way back in 2008 when it was first teased. I was praying since then for this to get localized. I also got a PS3 specifically for this game still hoping that it might get localized.

anyway, just one more week! hopefully we get copies early.

Bukana

Thanks,
-Day1
-Sub'd
-Pre-Ordered
-First Tales game I will ever play, (Does Eternal Sonata count as a Tales game!?).

Eusis

Most of the cast 18 or above? Well, that's a pleasant surprise of sorts, too used to JRPGs making 17 the cap aside from one or two older characters, though I think Vesperia was good int hat regard too, and the Xeno series has traditionally been too.

RedBoot

Team Destiny didn't become Team Destiny until Tales of Destiny Remake/Tales of Destiny 2.

Vanilla Tales of Destiny doesn't really count as one TD title, no.

I think I had assumed Team Destiny was the team who made Tales games until they came up with a second team for Tales of Symphonia. Oh well. I had always assumed I preferred Team Destiny games without ever playing one!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
i kinda wanna own it! ...and i want those stupid pre-order bonuses. :(

bahhh, to gamestop i go tomorrow.
They just change the battle theme music and three characters' appearances! And you get an XMB theme.

Too many games lately, eh Gravijah?

Can you just wear Asbel's ToD2 costume and the main battle changes?
Yeah, if just one person has a cameo/DLC costume equipped in the battle party, the battle theme will change.

someone stop me from going to gamestop tomorrow to pre-order this

I just did this very thing. Do it.

EDIT: Will it be hard to go back to the allegedly worse battle system of Abyss 3D after playing this? Should I hold off on Graces until after I beat Abyss?

Top Bottom