• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

RalchAC

Finished Chapter 11. Shit, I don't know if I'm sad or happy with how things went in this chapter.
I was sad because chef Milla died, then happy and hyped because prime Milla appeared, then sad because how Elle acted

I really appreciate Elle as a character, tbh. She is quite well written and even if she's a little bit tsundere they never go too far with that actitude. She acts like a kid yet she isn't annoying and it's a really likeable character.

In the character mission side,
lol at Muzet first chapter.
I don't know if I like her. She is really weird, even if her support skill is totally awesome due to how much in improved mobility.

Falk

that puzzling face
xEjXWko.png

And that's enough of that.

It turns out I was slightly ahead of schedule!

So I got the 3 main endings.
I must say that the last half of the game was so sad and depressing. Aeris dying x 1 million. They were all so short, poorly done and just plain out lazy =\ Loved the game but really hated all the endings.

Cess007

Finished Chapter 11. Shit, I don't know if I'm sad or happy with how things went in this chapter.
I was sad because chef Milla died, then happy and hyped because prime Milla appeared, then sad because how Elle acted

I really appreciate Elle as a character, tbh. She is quite well written and even if she's a little bit tsundere they never go too far with that actitude. She acts like a kid yet she isn't annoying and it's a really likeable character.

In the character mission side,
lol at Muzet first chapter.
I don't know if I like her. She is really weird, even if her support skill is totally awesome due to how much in improved mobility

I don't know if i can see Muzet
again the same after her first character chapter. It's just. LOL. Seeing her inner-self just caught me totally off-guard

Falk

that puzzling face
The funny part about Muzet's side story is that
you could totally see her inner self being part of her Xillia 1 personality. In the end it's about wanting acceptance and being weird to the point of being terrifying

you could totally see her inner self being part of her Xillia 1 personality. In the end it's about wanting acceptance and being weird to the point of being terrifying

except instead of wanting to kill us all she wants to have an orgy

Falk

that puzzling face
Premise 1: Ludger is Elympion

Premise 2: Muzet wants to direct tether with Ludger even though he has no mana lobe

Conclusion:
Muzet is kinky and has a handicap fetish confirmed

RalchAC

Premise 1: Ludger is Elympion

Premise 2: Muzet wants to direct tether with Ludger even though he has no mana lobe

Conclusion:
Muzet is kinky and has a handicap fetish confirmed

Dude. He has Kresnik's Spear. Do you really think she was talking about mana lobes there :p

dorkkaos

Wasn't Muzet always kinky, even in Xillia 1? Her reaction to Jude filling her up with mana skit and Milla's reaction was awesome!

So much joking and happiness going on. I find it unacceptable considering either Elle or Ludger dies =\ They need more time together. TIME FOR MORE VODKA

Muzet's side story was amazing. Especially her face at the very end of chapter 4. XD

Finalow

well that EX dungeon boss,
Shadow Ludger
, was pretty f. hard. he also somehow doesn't follow the character that you're controlling, like any other boss I've met so far, and he kept killing Elize/Leia.
still, it was fun to end him with a 300k combo. dark projection loop ftw. I still suck at keeping power combos up, sometimes they just end and I don't know why. besides the "being too slow to connect the next arte" I think the only way to end it is to use an element which was already used before? I might blame the other party members for that.

anyhow, I still have no idea which quests I have to do to unlock
Pluto's quest.
anyone? //edit: oh, apparently I have to complete all of the Tatalian Abyss quests. zzz
and (post-game quest) this guy solo'ed him in 30 seconds, lol.

Proof of Choice followed by I believe, I can Believe! ~Song 4 u~ (the for Tales traditional orchestral arrangement of the OP song)
thank you very much.

Verder

man.... people on youtube like LL and omega make me feel like im playing the game hella wrong. Theyre throwing out some crazy ass combos.

Falk

that puzzling face
Impression I got is that the fights encourage you to link with the member in question. Gaius' Chivalry really saves your ass against both Shadow Wingul and Shadow Gaius.

Same with Muzet's warp mobility helping out a ton vs Shadow Muzet, Rowen's anti magic helping vs Shadow Rowen, etc.

You probably need to start with full Overlimit, unload a Linked Mystic Arte into him with a ton of power combo, then use a really fast animation Linked Arte every time Chivalry triggers to build Overlimit again as quickly as possible. He should go down on the second Linked Mystic Arte. Chromatus seems better used as a mulligan when things go south than for outright damage, although it helps too.

Cess007

Just finished Chapter 11...
Fractured Milla. I miss you already :(
. I gotta admit, i didn't like Elle at the beginning, but her reactions at the end of this chapter felt the more real and pretty well written. How many chapters does the game have?

Also, on Gaius personal chapter 2
Fighting against the Chimeriad and then the other boss was bs. The Chimeriad killed me once, and I barely survived the second fight! I really hope there's no many chapters like that with more than once boss fight

Edit. Btw, about the thread title; i couldn't help but notice .. it's me... or the bazongas are... well... bigger in this game?

Saphirax

. I gotta admit, i didn't like Elle at the beginning, but her reactions at the end of this chapter felt the more real and pretty well written. How many chapters does the game have?

Fighting against the Chimeriad and then the other boss was bs. The Chimeriad killed me once, and I barely survived the second fight! I really hope there's no many chapters like that with more than once boss fight

There's 16 chapters.

You hope in vain :p.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a way to make the AI link up with eachother aside from controlling them for a second and manually doing it? Since it seems like in the EX dungeon you only do 1 damage to everything without a link partner, it can get crazy to manage with how many people are dying in the party and being revived, lol.

Edit. Btw, about the thread title; i couldn't help but notice .. it's me... or the bazongas are... well... bigger in this game?

Milla's definitely are, it seems really noticeable when you swap back and forth between her Xillia 1 outfit. Really weird, lol.

Saphirax

Is there a way to make the AI link up with eachother aside from controlling them for a second and manually doing it? Since it seems like in the EX dungeon you only do 1 damage to everything without a link partner, it can get crazy to manage with how many people are dying in the party and being revived, lol.

Milla's definitely are, it seems really noticeable when you swap back and forth between her Xillia 1 outfit. Really weird, lol.

Aside from setting the AI members to link often, I don't think so.

Bladenic

Impression I got is that the fights encourage you to link with the member in question. Gaius' Chivalry really saves your ass against both Shadow Wingul and Shadow Gaius.

Same with Muzet's warp mobility helping out a ton vs Shadow Muzet, Rowen's anti magic helping vs Shadow Rowen, etc.

You probably need to start with full Overlimit, unload a Linked Mystic Arte into him with a ton of power combo, then use a really fast animation Linked Arte every time Chivalry triggers to build Overlimit again as quickly as possible. He should go down on the second Linked Mystic Arte. Chromatus seems better used as a mulligan when things go south than for outright damage, although it helps too.

If you can use Chromatus when a boss has a high damage multiplier and keep them stunned, you can easily kill them in one combo. Of course I'm not very good with it, but videos on YouTube show it's very broken if you're good with it.

If you can use Chromatus when a boss has a high damage multiplier and keep them stunned, you can easily kill them in one combo. Of course I'm not very good with it, but videos on YouTube show it's very broken if you're good with it.

up+o,poke,poke,poke,repeat is the most broken thing ever

Cryst

Poker is rigged beyond belief. Having matching jokers during High-Low happens way too often for something that is statistically only a 2% chance of happening. No BFFs for me, :(

RalchAC

Guys, I've finished chapter 12 and I've read here that there is a trophy if you use the Chromatus less than 50 times.

When does the game start counting the transformations? When I start chapter 13 or when I finish chapter 12?

I want to know if I'll be able to use the Chromatus for elite monsters or not.

Nice trophy by the way. It actually makes sense story wise.

Saphirax

Guys, I've finished chapter 12 and I've read here that there is a trophy if you use the Chromatus less than 50 times.

When does the game start counting the transformations? When I start chapter 13 or when I finish chapter 12?

I want to know if I'll be able to use the Chromatus for elite monsters or not.

Nice trophy by the way. It actually makes sense story wise.

It's near the end of chapter 13. Also, it'd be better to kill the elite monsters after you're done with the game since you need to kill 18 of them under 2 minutes.

Okamid3n

Poker is rigged beyond belief. Having matching jokers during High-Low happens way too often for something that is statistically only a 2% chance of happening. No BFFs for me, :(

I doubt it's rigged. I have no problem reaching the max pay out in high/low (and yes, there's a limit to how many times you can double). I've managed to turn multiple flushes into 150k+ chips pay out, etc. Yeah, it requires a lot of retries, but I don't think it's rigged.

Just finished the game a little while ago.
Elle ending

Man, it's been a long time since I've gotten so attached to a video game character the way I did with Elle.

ramuh

Finally started playing the game (Diablo 3) and finished Chap 3. I am liking the Game so far (outside of that annoying girl pestering me about 500 Gald). I don't really mind the reusing of assets as it's been a while since I played Tales of Xillia 1.

Falk

that puzzling face
Many of the choices end up like that, outside of a few exceptions which give you significantly different scenes (And of course, the ending choices)

Top Bottom