• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria pops up in Steam database

Rione

Nope not going to believe it. Otherwise I'll get my hopes up for nothing but we'll see. Maybe I'll get proven wrong. Then again they have been publishing a lot of games lately. If this becomes a trend I can finally move away from consoles entirely, slowly but surely.

PFFFT who am I kidding.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Love Bandai-Namco's PC love. 100% hoping for Tekken 7 at this point.

TheChaos0

Howl for Wolf Team!

Tales is going to become a millions selling RPG franchise now, I'll make sure of it.

Jeez, HolyBaikal. Calm down. I know you are excited but... breathe in and breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

That'd be cool if it actually comes out. Although with Steam being such a dangerous place, I try not to even turn my PC anymore. ;)

But man, if more Japabese games came out on PC with less delay between platforms now that would reinvigorate my interest in PC gaming.

Dice//

Banned
Thinking WAY too far ahead: Honestly, I'm just thinking of the possibility of other titles making it on there.
Destiny PS2 would be fucking awesome, for instance, or finally delivering Vesperia PS4.

Jeez, HolyBaikal. Calm down. I know you are excited but... breathe in and breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.
BREAKING NEWS: Local wolf girl goes awoo.

BFLlElK.jpg

Thinking WAY too far ahead: Honestly, I'm just thinking of the possibility of other titles making it on there. Destiny PS2 would be fucking awesome, for instance, or finally delivering Vesperia PS4.

That's something I'm hoping for as well, despite it being even more futile than ToV PS3.

FSLink

Banned
Vesperia's dub wasnt bad, hell it had troy baker as the lead man.

Uh, that's not what I said, I said the newly dubbed parts in Symphonia PS3 were bad, mostly due to time + bad sound quality. I love Vesperia's dub.

Thinking WAY too far ahead: Honestly, I'm just thinking of the possibility of other titles making it on there.
Destiny PS2 would be fucking awesome, for instance, or finally delivering Vesperia PS4.

*hyper ventilates*

dani_dc

There's no guarantee at all. Lots of games make it into the Steam db and never get a port.

Yeah, not all games that appear in the database make it. For example, Halo 3 was spotted in the database in 2013, but never got released. No idea why these games are added in the first place, though.

It happens occasionally, but I can't think of "lots of games" that don't get a release, Halo series and Destiny are the only ones that come to mind.

Syril

I love that Steam has become the secong home for JRPGs. If Namco takes this further maybe I'll be able to play Tales of Vesperia someday.

TheChaos0

I love that Steam has become the secong home for JRPGs. If Namco takes this further maybe I'll be able to play Tales of Vesperia someday.

What other JRPGs are even out on Steam. VC, Trails, Neptunia...Ararest? Are there more I don't know of?

Not that I wouldn't be buying this game day one anyway, but like, extra day one in this case. Loving this trend of JRPGs on the PC. I would pretty much repurchase the whole back catalogue on here if they wanted to release it.

4Tran

More and more Japanese games are coming to Steam, so this shouldn't be a surprise. However, it's a very positive trend, and one that I hope to see more of. What really interests me is that these Steam releases don't target the Japanese market, so it looks like Western PC gamers are pretty receptive of JRPGs.

What other JRPGs are even out on Steam. VC, Trails, Neptunia...Ararest? Are there more I don't know of?

Final Fantasy (3, 4, 7, 8, 13), Last Remnant, Elminage Gothic, Ys (not really JRPG, depending on genre definition, but part of the same movement)

Announced / Rumored: Fairy Fencer F

I'm probably forgetting something

Nyoro SF

Final Fantasy (3, 4, 7, 8, 13), Last Remnant, Elminage Gothic, Ys (not really JRPG, depending on genre definition, but part of the same movement)

Announced / Rumored: Fairy Fencer F

I'm probably forgetting something

Trails in the Sky.

I'm playing it right now and it's really great.

BasilZero

HOLY SMOKES!

THIS IS MEGATON FOR ME :O

I was planning to get this on PS3 sometime later in the year but dayum if its coming out on Steam, gonna get it!

Hopefully this will lead to more Tales games on Steam :D!

and has to be the worst tales of ? well at least i appreciate it that this saga come to pc but i want vesperia.

Worst? People have stated flaws, but I've never heard anyone saying it is worse than either of the Xillias, and IMO better than good is great. Most people saying it is bad are those review bombing it the Japanese amazon page, and that is just because of an over reaction to some false advertising, which is scummy, but doesn't mean the game is horrible.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Now this is interesting. I mentioned somewhere I had a feeling about this too, not this game specifically but Namco possibly testing the waters with Tales on PC since other publishers are dabbling with the platform.

Almighty

More and more Japanese games are coming to Steam, so this shouldn't be a surprise. However, it's a very positive trend, and one that I hope to see more of. What really interests me is that these Steam releases don't target the Japanese market, so it looks like Western PC gamers are pretty receptive of JRPGs.

I have been arguing that for years. It is nice that the whole "PC gamers don't want JRPGs" argument is getting debunked. Still a ways to go, but it is happening faster then I thought it would have when I started arguing for more JRPG ports to the PC.

Finalow

did not see this coming. I'm assuming that this game will run much better (in a way or another) than the PS3 counterpart so that's nice.
I probably won't buy this again but if it's going pave the way for other Tales of games, older ones especially, I'll gladly give them my money.

Curious if this means there's also a PS4 port in the works.

Given the timeline for the English release they gave a while back (6-7 months out or so IIRC?), you'd imagine they'd start releasing some new info about the western version sometime in the near future.

Top Bottom