• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria pops up in Steam database

Trails in the Sky.

I'm playing it right now and it's really great.

Trails Thirst comin', yo.

I have been arguing that for years. It is nice that the whole "PC gamers don't want JRPGs" argument is getting debunked. Still a ways to go, but it is happening faster then I thought it would have when I started arguing for more JRPG ports to the PC.

The Japanese Double Standard is gone now, too. Altogether too late, but still, it's gone now. The natural social feedback allows hype to bloom if successful.

kewlmyc

Curious if this means there's also a PS4 port in the works.

Given the timeline for the English release they gave a while back (6-7 months out or so IIRC?), you'd imagine they'd start releasing some new info about the western version sometime in the near future.

It was supposed to release around 6 months after the Japanese release, but I could see it getting delayed if they plan to release it on PC and maybe PS4 as well in the West. I wouldn't mind it getting delayed if that were true.

Jathaine

Curious if this means there's also a PS4 port in the works.

Not that it necessarily means anything but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0v4jticAAE

m09Ah2Z.jpg

Peff

I had a small glimmer of hope that this might happen, but I didn't think it actually would. Nice.

But now I'm not sure I should keep playing the PS3 version haha.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I would definitely buy this over the PS3 version. I'd maybe even buy a port of Vesperia too, especially if they added the extra PS3 content into the package.

I've already imported and played the Japanese version.

I often actually sell my copies of PlayStation 3 games and things like that once there's a PC version. Like, I sold my copy of Final Fantasy XIII when I bought it on Steam.

But since I love and collect Tales so much, I'll keep it. I'd never sell one of my copies of Tales games.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Baba cant "stay where the japanese audience is" forever. Luckily someone at namco bandai realized that PS3 is dead and Japan is no longer a focal point for non mobile game sales.

I'll get it on PS4 if it has all the DLC

dorkkaos

Any tales game they bring to the PC, I will buy. And will probably double dip on Zestria PS4.

Exciting news for tales fans if true!

Momentary

Banned
Hah at PC gamers thinking this is actually going to come to Steam. How about that Halo in the registry months and months ago... Yeah. As for a 'Japanese Movement' there's really not that many titles from the country coming over to the platform. Where's the new Guilty Gear, Blazblue, the Atlus games, the NIS games. You know, all the ones that make the library of consoles far superior to what the PC offers.

The more, the merrier I say. Keep 'em coming and just put out the Atelier games and, FROM, for the love of god, the Armored Core games on PC would live forever, just put one out!

Even if quite barebones, the Neptunia port runs without a hitch and after seeing some videos of the game in consoles, I'm just glad I can play it like this.

So we are approaching some serious End of the World Type M(oe) scenarios, right? Or Type A(wesome)?

Vamphuntr

Super nice. I'll be getting this version. Hopefully more JP devs port their games to steam.

Bebpo called this in the other thread :)

Demonfang

Banned
This might be why we haven't heard much about the western release. There was an interview stating it would release no later than 6 months from the Japanese release.

Steam and PS3 simultaneous release! Announcement and info soon i reckon.

Nyoro SF

Hah at PC gamers thinking this is actually going to come to Steam. How about that Halo in the registry months and months ago... Yeah. As for a 'Japanese Movement' there's really not that many titles from the country coming over to the platform. Where's the new Guilty Gear, Blazblue, the Atlus games, the NIS games. You know, all the ones that make the library of consoles far superior to what the PC offers.

You can't play the dumb troll in every thread! :p

now i just need P5 to "pop up" on steam and i can retire my ps3

Atlus, the last holdout.
So much money that could be made from their back catalog...

Vamphuntr

I think Halo at this point is the only exception. Many people thought it was because it became the Xbox One anniversary collection. Everything else in the registry did come out, even FFVII which was stuck in limbo for a while. You think Namco Bandai is simply testing games in the steam registry for fun?

Is the battle system like Graces in that pushing up or down on the analog stick makes you sidestep, or like Xillia where you move forward and back? This one distinction is what will determine whether or not I buy Zestiria.

Yeah. I was talking about Japanese gaming as a whole.

There are still more japanese games than ever on PC, so I don't see why this can't be one of them. Even something as niche as One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is coming out on PC.

Plus, it's nice to dream, even if it is just that.

Usobuko

Banned
This is a good thing because it's kinda apparent there are a sizeable PC crowd in the West who like JRPG.

More exposure is always good for niche series, more so for Tales which has a lopsided sales in JPN compared to the West.

Top Bottom