• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

nampad

Thanks for the OT.

Same day as XBox One? I want to line up at midnight for this game just for kicks.

"Are you lining up for the Xbox One?"
"Nope, a Vita game."

Persuade them into buying a Vita with Tearaway instead of the Xbox One and you are my hero.

ascii42

Played a bit of it at Gamestop, since they had a Vita at the PS4 kiosk. Good stuff, looking forward to picking it up.

Teknoman

Damn it, I totally forgot about Tearaway...Ys is hitting not too long afterwards too.

Decisions decisions...

Is there going to be a demo?

Dang... i have a Vita... but i have terrible eyesight... whenever i play on it for extended periods of time... say above 10 minutes, my eyes get bloodshot... even while wearing glasses, my point is... i wish there was an alternate way to play this game.

Skyzard

Banned
When Tearaway doesn't sell beyond 20K copies I think MM will figure a way to put it on the PS4 with the Playstation Camera and DS4 mic and touchpad integration.

Just like Gravity Rush right? This would be even more difficult to carry over, and only 6 people made it, seems smart to keep it exclusive.

Anyway, thanks for the impressions, Xeno_V!

Just like Gravity Rush right? This would be even more difficult to carry over, and only 6 people made it, seems smart to keep it exclusive.

Anyway, thanks for the impressions, Xeno_V!
Wait only 6 people make it? How long has it been in development? Seems like a pretty low cost project

I actually had forgotten about this until I saw a pallet full of them at work yesterday...

Really wanna play this when I get the time. Such an interesting style.

Mory Dunz

Nice OT.

Is it done in a Mario font too? lol
Kinda looked like a Mario&Luigi font but maybe a little different.

MarioLuigi2.png

Takao

Banned
Don't forget that the physical versions have a reversible cover art:

hACgkru.jpg

And EU gets a Iota keyring for preordering (NA just gets the digital stuff)

KFcWg4a.jpg

I went on a preorder tear a few months ago for all the great-looking fall games. I recently came to my senses and canceled almost everything. Only Tearaway remained. Yep, not even Zelda. Please be as awesome as you look, little game!

Thanks for the OT.

Persuade them into buying a Vita with Tearaway instead of the Xbox One and you are my hero.

You're going to buying a Ps4 too? Remote play, baby!
And tearaway is much better than Dead 15fps Rising and Forza 4 1/2 :)
And what about all the games you can play only on this system?
The better part? You can have one... NOW
The fun going down? Resell Vita and go buy an Xbox One.

Skyzard

Banned
A keeyyy ringgg hnngggg damnit, I didn't see that on the amazon site, I want it digitally anyway I think.

Holy crap....so what the hell has the rest of the company been doing? Thats a lot of people on RandD

The move create thing? I want that. 3D sculpting made easy - great for level creation but probably going to be a puppet show thing or something.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I'm already sold on the art style alone.

I hope some store has a b2g1 sale, because I still need to pick up Killzone and Dragon's Crown for my Vita.

mollipen

Won't say too much about it yet, but Tearaway takes me back to how I felt playing Gravity Rush. GR was this magical, unique experience that made me fall in love with the Vita, and those feelings are definitely coming back with Tearaway.

It's got a few rough edges, but so much charm and heart. And Atoi > Iota all day every day.

There's really no doubt in my mind that this could be the Vita's killer app come Christmas, but it all rests on Sony adequately advertising the game and the bundle, which is fantastically priced at £160 with LBP and a 16gb memory card.

Basically, this is could be the Vita's saving grace. I just hope Sony don't let this opportunity slip their fingers....

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to play this as soon as I finish Zelda and Mario! Will be the first game I play on the Vitah, yeay boomshackalacka

I still think the Mario 64 reference is kinda dumb, but don't mind me, I'm just old and grumpy :)

That said, my compliments on a fine official thread!

Zalman

I'll probably get this whenever I buy a Vita (which will be soon.) Hopefully it does well. We need to reward creativity and innovation nowadays.

Redhood

So syked for this. I cannot wait for this to release so I can buy it digitally.
Under or close to 1 gb games are perfect for digital and most Sony First party games are that size. LBP, Wipeout, SS

Zemm

I need that keyring. Is there anyway to cancel a psn preorder (they haven't taken my money yet).

Anyway can't wait for this, the art is amazing but I believe people will get blown away by the soundtrack.

Rootbeer

Banned
EU gets an awesome keyring :| So jealous... :(

They also get that cool Zelda treasure chest! WTF!

I just don't understand why NA incentives are always lacking T__T

Tygamr

Can't wait for this! Pre-ordered it just a few days ago. Really excited for the 22nd- getting this and the new Zelda. There's too many games this year...

Zemm

Found out how to cancel my psn preorder, was very simple in the end. Now time to get that keyring :)))

Top Bottom