• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

NEO0MJ

Will wait for PS+

Just kidding. I really hope I find the time for this. Still playing Phoenix wright and I just can't stop playing Pokemon. Plus Zelda will be released the same day

jonno394

My PS3 died yesterday, but thanks to the Vita Im not actually that bothered by it. It has pushed up me buying this to day one thought rather than waiting on christmas.

Blinck

Hyped for this!!

Can anyone tell what the price will be on the EU digital store? It's 19£ on amazon.uk which is a really really good price. I usually buy digital but at this price it might be worth to buy the physical release.

Protome

I can't wait till the embargo is up so I can rant about this game!
I just hope they fix the site by launch, right now none of the downloads for the papercraft blueprints work :(

That thread title, lol. Has anyone blown their lid yet like that other thread that dared to compare Tearaway to SM64?

Anyway, it goes without saying that the game looks amazing, and liable to be among the best that the Vita catalogue has to offer. Good work MediaMolecule you crazy kooks. I wish they kept it as a single main character though, and not two versions of the same one. It dilutes the mascot potential.

Sendou

So.. is this a proper 3D platformer??

Depends... What do you mean by proper?

So pumped for this game. November 22nd is pretty amazing indeed even if Super Mario 3D World doesn't come here until week later. This and Link Between World symbolize the great handheld gaming year we have had.

I wish they would allow us to pre-order Vita games digitally.

I shall be buying this day one. The original LBP made Media Molecule one of my favorite Sony devs.

Same day as XBox One? I want to line up at midnight for this game just for kicks.

"Are you lining up for the Xbox One?"
"Nope, a Vita game."

Gotta give Mario some love!

"Nah, I'm getting Super Mario 3D World, Tearaway, and maybe A Link Between Worlds. I figured you guys were all here for one of those too. 0_o"

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well its 3D, and its a platformer, so I guess that makes it proper?

I'm going guess he means does it have good platforming mechanics. Media Molecule made Little Big Planet afterall and I thought it was a god awful platformer but a wonderful creative tool

persongr

It is kinda annoying that the best game Sony will provide during November is not any next-gen title, but this thing.

It is even more annoying that it will go unnoticed by the masses.

Embargo ends (for EU) 20 Nov.

Sendou

I don't think it's necessarily a platformer in the purest sense since it seems like it also has adventure game like attributes. Then again we don't get enough 3D platformers these days to be picky.

Hanmik

That thread title, lol. Has anyone blown their lid yet like that other thread that dared to compare Tearaway to SM64?

Anyway, it goes without saying that the game looks amazing, and liable to be among the best that the Vita catalogue has to offer. Good work MediaMolecule you crazy kooks. I wish they kept it as a single main character though, and not two versions of the same one. It dilutes the mascot potential.

what´s wrong with the title..?

qgavnEf.jpg

Theorymon

Gah, its a shame this comes out on the same day as Super Mario 3D World. Like the new Zelda, I'm gonna have to wait till xmas for this. Still, this game looks awesome, can't wait to get my hands on it with Zelda next month!

Hyped for this!!

Can anyone tell what the price will be on the EU digital store? It's 19£ on amazon.uk which is a really really good price. I usually buy digital but at this price it might be worth to buy the physical release.
24,99€ digital and retail 29,99€ in Germany. So, 14,99£ in the UK?

Wanted this game ever since the reveal, and for £20 it's a no brainer if you have a Vita.

One question, which UK retailer has the keyring, I can't find it?

This should have been a PS4 launch title instead of Knack :(

Nah, the Vita hardware is utterly integral to the experience. It's not a game that would work on any other platform, at least not without wholesale changes to the design.

Thread title should be changed, btw. Feels disrespectful to both games, and the comparison is meaningless.

wouwie

Does anyone know why this game is already downloadable from a ps3 but not on vita? It says something about the payment process not being complete. Is it possible to install pre-orders on vita at all?

Also, can't wait for the game and the reviews. I really hope it turns out to be an excellent game.

Thanks, are simplygames good at delivery?

Wouldn't mind getting a day early :p

I don't really know how dependable SimplyGames are, but I purchase stuff often from ShopTo, and they will deliver to you the game a day before release, not to mention it's the same price at £19.85 and it includes the Jukebox DLC.

Subbed! This game will be what Gravity Rush was in the year 2011. My vita goty. I have a feeling.

Same. And then next year...

Gravity Rush 2? :3

Strider

Went searching for this thread in case I missed it with all the PS4 threads being made and it turns out I did.

Nice OT.

I have this preordered. Can't wait.

NEO0MJ

Puppeteer is AMAZEBALLS People, you all need to play that. Imma make a thread bout it and how amazeballs it is, one day. Its a pretty good time killer till Tearaway time :)

I'm hoping for an up-port on PS4 before buying that game, 30FPS just ruins it for me.

And, DKCR3D!

That game is three years old though so I don't think we can count it among this years releases, even if the 3DS version got extra levels.

Cheddahz

Banned
I played the demo of it and I was amazed by it, but I'm going to wait and hopefully get it for Christmas, as Ys is coming out a few days after Tearaway is and I've had that pre-ordered for ages now

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Damnit, I have to buy this. My goodness it looks charming as hell.

I do wish we would get a PS4 port in the future. Can I pre-order this on PSN yet?

These gifs and shots are incredible. Fucking bravo, MM, for the art style alone. If it plays half as nice as it looks, everyone's in for a treat

Crosses fingers for a ps4 port

maxcriden

That game is three years old though so I don't think we can count it among this years releases, even if the 3DS version got extra levels.

I know we're getting OT, but FWIW I think it counts if NSLU does, as it's a revamp/DLC of NSMBU. (I love both games, though.)

Top Bottom