• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin (new Valkyrie Profile?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Whoa! I'm pretty excited, whatever this turns out to be. Definitely not a traditional VP project though.

- It's almost certainly a mobile or service based title given the wording

- The scenario writer is an established playwright and stage director, so Gotanda and Norimoto don't seem to be involved

- No mention of tri-Ace anywhere

- "The Origin" makes me wonder if it is a sort of reimagination of VP1...

duckroll

Also worth noting that the producer on this project who's personally managing the promotion of the game on Twitter is Yoshinori Yamagishi. He's the producer for VP1-2 and SO1-4, and was not involved in SO5.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Whoa! I'm pretty excited, whatever this turns out to be. Definitely not a traditional VP project though.

- It's almost certainly a mobile or service based title given the wording

- The scenario writer is an established playwright and stage director, so Gotanda and Norimoto don't seem to be involved

- No mention of tri-Ace anywhere

- "The Origin" makes me wonder if it is a sort of reimagination of VP1...

You think it could be one of those situations like how the PSP SO2 made its way to the PS3 / PS4 digitally only?

Then again if so wouldnt imagine them going through all this trouble / credits etc...

sublimit

Banned
I know where this will lead.
google-wave-disappointment.jpg

VP1 isn't even a PS Classic or doesn't need to be, Lenneth released on the PSP and Square just never wanted to put it up on PSN like pretty much every other PSP game.

But if it meant we could have any version available digitally, would you be against the PS version of VP1?

OT, looking forward to whatever this is.

Hugstable

Banned
But if it meant we could have any version available digitally, would you be against the PS version of VP1?

OT, looking forward to whatever this is.

nope not at all, I would be extremely happy for any version. I just think how silly it is that the PSP version was never put up on the store with the rest of the PSP games

poncle

Whatever it is, it's fine.

Seeing something like this:
lF8QImJ.png

is the first reason why I check videogames news everyday.

poncle

Can see this working pretty well as a clone of FF Brave Exvius,

since Brave Exvius is a clone of Brave Frontier, that took gameplay elements from VP in the first place.

Cikay

Do you guys think that this mobile game "The Origin" could be some sort of prologue to another (console) game "Valkyrie Anatomia" ?

Lime

IDGAF if it is mobile, I'll take any acknowledgment of the franchise.

The thing is that this will be a catch-22 for the series: if it does well, the series will continue on mobile. If it fails, SE will think the series is dead and won't put anymore money into it.

Do you guys think that this mobile game "The Origin" could be some sort of prologue to another (console) game "Valkyrie Anatomia" ?

I wish I wish I wish. But I'm afraid of being delusional

duckroll

Lol, same old garbage from the same old losers.

"NOOOO MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!"

"FUUUUCK!!!"

notlikethis.gif

<insert meme here>

Might as well just stop playing Japanese games if you're allergic to the present and future of gaming in the Far East. :p

Wereroku

"FUUUUCK!!!"

notlikethis.gif

<insert meme here>

Might as well just stop playing Japanese games if you're allergic to the present and future of gaming in the Far East. :p
I don't mind mobile games but the problem is they are all gatcha shit. I really hope Japan outlaws it since it is such a cancerous mechanic.

Lime

"FUUUUCK!!!"

notlikethis.gif

<insert meme here>

"Losers" is a little hard. Sorry for preferring controllers rather than touch controls and being somewhat traditional :(

mao2

Rin&#12373;&#12392;&#12426;;200675260 said:
hmm

From the source.. dunno if it means playstation :p
Probably a Valkyrie Profile remake for Vita and smartphones similar to Adventures of Mana and Romancing SaGa 2.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A lot of classic franchises in Japan tend to do better on mobile because the people who played them in the SNES, PS1, and PS2 era now play primarily (or often only) on mobile.

Like we just had a Digimon game come out and do gangbusters there while the dedicated device games can barely crawl past 100,000 copies.

This is actually something you're likely to see more of going forward, though these games are also showing increasing depth and production values since they're targeting former dedicated device players.

"FUUUUCK!!!"

notlikethis.gif

<insert meme here>

I kinda feel that all the "jeez, just adopt new trends !!" justification is the laziest thing honestly.

mao2

A lot of classic franchises in Japan tend to do better on mobile because the people who played them in the SNES, PS1, and PS2 era now play primarily (or often only) on mobile.

Like we just had a Digimon game come out and do gangbusters there while the dedicated device games can barely crawl past 100,000 copies.

This is actually something you're likely to see more of going forward, though these games are also showing increasing depth and production values since they're targeting former dedicated device players.
Digimon Linkz is F2P and isn't an RPG though, so I don't think direct comparisons are fair. Do we know if Adventures of Mana and Romancing SaGa 2 sold well on smartphones?

AlucardGV

Banned

"FUUUUCK!!!"

notlikethis.gif

<insert meme here>

just give me
-possibility to connect the phone to the tv
-controller support
-gameplay not limited by the touchscreen
-no f2p microtransaction garbage

not happening, uh?
&#9488;( ¯ 3 ¯ )&#9484;

Lime

just give me
-possibility to connect the phone to the tv
-controller support
-gameplay not limited by the touchscreen
-no f2p microtransaction garbage

not happening, uh?
&#9488;( ¯ 3 ¯ )&#9484;

Pretty much what would make me happy.

Regardless of what it ends up being, I'm happy to see the logo and franchise again

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think duckroll's point is that screaming about something in every thread for five years doesn't actually accomplish anything.

We can look at some similar examples pretty easily. Every major retail game has a season pass, yet people comes in to type in all caps about how it's the end of the world and berate an OP if they express excitement. Does anyone feel that's helpful?

Handheld games also increasingly get dumped upon fur being on handhelds due to the dying nature of that market. Would you look forward to a future where you enter Ace Attorney threads and 90% of the posts are about how they could possibly release on a shit ass platform like 3DS?

duckroll

I kinda feel that all the "jeez, just adopt new trends !!" justification is the laziest thing honestly.

No one is asking you to adopt anything. If you're not interested, you don't have to play it. Lots of other people are enjoying it and it makes tons of money, so it just makes the people who cry about it look foolish.

vareon

Ill take a mobile game if it means I can get a console game later on.

I don't think this is the case anymore. Mobile games can do gangbusters in Japan, why make a console version?

(Honest question, though. Digimon and Fate are still coming to traditional consoles even though the latter had success in mobile).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still want another DS SRPG. As the valk profile srpg was pretty good and srpgs work well on touch devices.

Lime

Then why shit up a thread about something you don't like that's been going on for a long time?

I'll take more vp however I can get it.

I guess it's hard to move on :p

You're right though. I'd have preferred a console or PC title with controller support but I guess it's better than nothing

"FUUUUCK!!!"

notlikethis.gif

<insert meme here>

Let's be honest though Duckroll, when people see mobile, they expect Free to play, low tier effort, heavy recycling. Outside of ports, SE didn't really made sth big enough yet on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom