• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tecmo Announces Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff for DS

Andokuky

Banned
bdouchey said:
Considering yourself sent to ignoreville.

Hmmm I rate that a 4 on the Douche-o-Meter. I also would have accepted "Welcome to Ignoreville. Population: You" for 8 Douche-o-Meter points.

batbeg

bdouchey said:
I was not replying to you. I was replying to the person who posted the wii as the leading seller of Tiger Woods. It is still a sports game and that alone factors in since US Nintendo owners are pretty bad about buying them, unless Mario is draped on the cover.

It's a forum, get used to the idea of open discussion. And the fact that it is a sports game does not alone factor in anything, as this will not have the same marketing push as an annual sports title will, as Tecmo are not stupid and will know they have to push for awareness. If your so determined to use banned sources though, your own made-up-numbers-website shows an increase of Madden sales from 07 to 08.

Considering yourself sent to ignoreville.

And if you actually did this then wow, :lol Talk about a sore loser.

bdoughty

Banned
Andokuky said:
Hmmm I rate that a 4 on the Douche-o-Meter. I also would have accepted "Welcome to Ignoreville. Population: You" for 8 Douche-o-Meter points.

I shall store that for future reference.

jarrod

Banned
bdouchey said:
Because it did not outsell the 360...

According to a site that we are not allowed to post, shows that the 360 version of TW 08 almost DOUBLED the sales of the wii version in the US. Even the 07 version shows that the 360 was both the worldwide and US only leader.

* The 08 sales were almost cut in half of 07 sales in the US for the wii. The 08 TW sales are right on par with the 07 sales for the 360 in the US.

It also confirms what I have said all along. Wii owners do not support yearly sports games. They buy one, then down the line they might pick up another.
TW07 Wii sold over 600k alone, and it was a near half a year late release. I dunno what site you're looking at but we know already that TW08 Wii led the 360 version in sales too thanks to this article. Actually, the DS version led the 360 version too amazingly (who says DS sports games don't sell?).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
i love sales age but it has zero relevance to Tecmo Bowl. unless one is giving all the reasons it should appear on graphically inferior consoles. can we talk more about control and awesome cut scenes please?

bdouchey said:
Find a better source and post it. Until then I stick with what is available.

Even when what is available comes from a site that has a history of posting unsourced, unverified and - very often - untrue numbers? The best that you can say about that site is that they update their numbers to correct them when NPD or Charttrack or Media-Create release theirs, but that's it.

You're doing yourself no favours using ioi & co. as a source.

bdoughty

Banned
jarrod said:
TW07 Wii sold over 600k alone, and it was a near half a year late release. I dunno what site you're looking at but we know already that TW08 Wii led the 360 version in sales too thanks to this article. Actually, the DS version led the 360 version too amazingly (who says DS sports games don't sell?).

Where it says

18. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Wii/DS/X360/PS2/PS3/PSP/PC
2.3M
72%
August/Sports
EA/EA Tiburon
Richard Grisham (GamesRadar): “Sure, you'll invent some terribly foul new curses when things don't go your way, become convinced that the gods are out to get you, and wonder just why you ever started playing the game in the first place. And then, as soon as your round is over, you'll start another one lickety split.”

Do you honestly think that is the order of sales? I mean for cripes sake LOOK at some of the other games. You think the PS2 was the leading seller of Madden and Fifa 08?

:lol what will N-Fans come up with next!

jarrod

Banned
bdouchey said:
Do you honestly think that is the order of sales? I mean for cripes sake LOOK at some of the other games. You think the PS2 was the leading seller of Madden and Fifa 08?

:lol what will N-Fans come up with next!
Read the article... platforms *are* listed in sales order.

I could do without the name calling though, let's try to elevate the discourse a little, hmm?

edit-Erm... actually, I'm not so sure now, I can't find the mention of sales order now? 600k on TW07 Wii's confirmable though at least, it's also on the list (only the Wii release).

edit2-Nevermind, cosmo found it. <3 <3

bdouchey said:

Next-Gen said:
In the case of multiplatform games, the platform the game sold best on is listed first. The Metacritic score is the score the game received for its bestselling platform version. Quotes were taken from reviews that best reflected this score. Thanks to Metacritic and all journalists and publications quoted.

Any more to say? Or will we stick to insults in lieu of reading the material people offer you?

bdouchey said:
I know for a fact they are not. There is no way the PS2 version outsold the 360 in Madden 08. They are wrong, so is Cosmo.

Right, whatever. You stick to ******** and your "know for a fact", I'll stick to Next-Gen and we'll call it a day.

batbeg

Tiger Woods 08 sold more on the 360 than the Wii in North America guys.

Don't tell bdouchey though, it'll be funny if he's really put me on ignore because he thinks I'm a fanboy and lacks any actual evidence.

Edit: Guess not! Maybe just first month sales led on 360 and it did better later and/or elsewhere.

bdoughty

Banned
jarrod said:
Read the article... platforms *are* listed in sales order.

I could do without the name calling though, let's try to elevate the discourse a little, hmm?

edit-Erm... actually, I'm not so sure now, I can't find the mention of sales order now? 600k on TW07 Wii's confirmable though at least, it's also on the list (only the Wii release).

edit2-Nevermind, cosmo found it. <3 <3

I know for a fact they are not. There is no way the PS2 version outsold the 360 in Madden 08. They are wrong, so is Cosmo.

Eteric Rice

bdouchey said:

1208028656119.jpg

bdouchey said:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165505

The December 2007 sales numbers for the videogame industry dropped this afternoon, courtesy of the NPD Group, bringing us both data for the last month of the year and a cumulative look at what sold best in the year that was 2007. Not surprisingly, most of the top telling titles were released in the latter half of 2007, albeit Guitar Hero 2 (released November 2006) managed to keep lighting up the charts throughout this year.

Complete numbers are as follows:

Best Selling Software of 2007
1. Halo 3 (Xbox 360) -- 4.82 million
2. Wii Play w/ remote (Wii) -- 4.12 million
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) -- 3.04 million
4. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PlayStation 2) -- 2.72 million
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) -- 2.52 million
6. Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo DS) -- 2.48 million
7. Madden NFL 08 (PlayStation 2) -- 1.90 million
8. Guitar Hero 2 (PlayStation 2) -- 1.89 million
9. Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360) -- 1.87 million
10. Mario Party 8 (Wii) -- 1.82 million

I don't see the X-Box 360 version of Madden 08 there, but I do see one version of the game. Do you know what that version is? (Yes, I know it's not the most up to date figures, but I doubt Madden sold much after December.)

The top 10 shows that PS2 version sold the best.

IzumiK

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
I don't see the X-Box 360 version of Madden 08 there, but I do see one version of the game. Do you know what that version is? (Yes, I know it's not the most up to date figures, but I doubt Madden sold much after December.)

The top 10 shows that PS2 version sold the best.
Even Guitar Hero sold better on the PS2? :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
bdouchey
Knows nothing for a fact.
(Today, 02:58 PM)
Reply | Quote

Incidently, how can quoting that site not be bannable?

batbeg

PantherLotus said:
bdouchey
Knows nothing for a fact.
(Today, 02:58 PM)
Reply | Quote

Incidently, how can quoting that site not be bannable?

It is bannable.

Sp0rsk said:
4. VG Chartzzzzz: Long history with GAF's sales-age. Numbers are never accurate. -- Posting anything from this site will result in a ban. Our numbers are right. Theirs are wrong. Period.

(It's so weird quoting Sp0rsk with a blue name :( )

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
There is blood in this thread

Back on topic, I'm more excited about the DS version right now, at least until we see the Wii version; I think it will be a challenge to translate the gameplay to 3D. But we'll see!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
schuelma said:
There is blood in this thread

Back on topic, I'm more excited about the DS version right now, at least until we see the Wii version; I think it will be a challenge to translate the gameplay to 3D. But we'll see!

did i miss the part where they said it would be in 3D? kinda dissapointing.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
PantherLotus said:

From the first page, EGM writeup:

For the Wii version, we're designing the game for the third dimension from the ground up but plan to keep the classic Tecmo Bowl playability intact."

botticus

PantherLotus said:
Who knows, maybe they can make it interesting. The DS version will likely be my preference, but no reason there can't be room for both if they're good enough and different enough.

jarrod

Banned
bdouchey said:
Nextgen is using information from actual sales trackers (NPD, Chartrack) and the publishers themselves. They're not wrong.

bluemax

Banned
Andokuky said:
Tecmo Bowl gameplay hasn't aged well. "Super Abilities" too :lol

QFT. After playing with the updated 32 team roster patch Tecmo Bowl just feels so broken.

Throwing for 500 yards every game with Hasslebeck or running for 500 with LT got boring after like 3 games.

HCgamer

I hope Tecmo doesn't drop the ball on this game. This franchise used to rock back in the day my brothers and I would play full seasons it was so much fun. I would purchase it just for the chance to play online.

If this game does well maybe they will release a Tecmo NBA basketball DS it is about time the DS gets some seriously fun online sports games. Puzzle games like Picross and Tetris DS are fun but there are times I wish I could play a fun football or basketball game online with the DS.

Mamesj

Banned
maybe this is the new direction Itagaki was talking about...

The all stylus control makes it sound like he might have a hand in it.

Top Bottom