• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Cruz dropping out per Campaign Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzero

That's a good zoom/loop.

Gif'd it for you:

c3LAcS4.gif

Holy C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

All I can gather is that Ted Cruz's political career is dying in large part because his VP fell into a sinkhole, he ate a booger, he elbowed his wife in the face, and his dad had JFK assassinated

Crocodile

No offense, but I really don't see how Trump does not represent the GOP. What about him do you find unrepresentative of your party? The only thing about him that strikes me as "unrepublican" is that he's not religious at all.

Differs from GOP establishment/dogma (assuming Trump has any positions, lord knows the man flips-flops like a fucker):

• Anti-Free Trade
  • Isolationist Foreign Policy (kind of?)
  • Wants to protect "Entitlements"
  • Ok with LGBT people
  • Not even slightly Religious
  • "Money in Politics" is bad (......said by the Billionaire who is still taking small donations and would need Big Donors for GE)
  • Very willing to critique GOP Establishment

Aligns with GOP establishment/dogma (assuming Trump has any positions, lord knows the man flips-flops like a fucker):

• Fuck Immigrants
  • Fuck Minorities
  • Fuck Obamacare
  • Tax Cuts for the Rich
  • Loves Guns
  • Facts? Who needs them? (Hello Conspiracy Theories and Climate Change Denial)
  • Pretty damn sexist (but still kind of ok with PP?)
  • Bluster and Bravado are the name of the game

Cruz is a bad person with evil ideas, but imo Trump is still more dangerous for the country by stoking anger in both is supporters and protestors.

Trump as president would scare the shit out of me. I would be ok with Cruz as president for the comedy relief.

All I can gather is that Ted Cruz's political career is dying in large part because his VP fell into a sinkhole, he ate a booger, he elbowed his wife in the face, and his dad had JFK assassinated
I believe what did it is that someone exposed him as a Deep One. That might float in Innsmouth but this is the national fish tank.

Chariot

I believe what did it is that someone exposed him as a Deep One. That might float in Innsmouth but this is the national fish tank.
I need to post this while he has not faded from relevance. He also has connections to a man named Dio Brando, who operates from egypt.

L7LR5oR.png

Differs from GOP establishment/dogma (assuming Trump has any positions, lord knows the man flips-flops like a fucker):

• Anti-Free Trade
  • Isolationist Foreign Policy (kind of?)
  • Ok with LGBT people
  • Not even slightly Religious
  • Very willing to critique GOP Establishment

Aligns with GOP establishment/dogma (assuming Trump has any positions, lord knows the man flips-flops like a fucker):

• Fuck Immigrants
  • Fuck Minorities
  • Facts? Who needs them?
  • Pretty damn sexist (but still kind of ok with PP?)
  • Bluster and Bravado are the name of the game

Could also be added that he hates Obamacare and denies climate change. Also, guns.

Khoryos

"Ted Cruz has announced he is withdrawing from the campaign, as his time of change is upon him and he must return to Y'ha-nthlei beneath the waves."

mid83

No offense, but I really don't see how Trump does not represent the GOP. What about him do you find unrepresentative of your party? The only thing about him that strikes me as "unrepublican" is that he's not religious at all.

It's more that for many of us the GOP doesn't represent us. It's not "'my" party. Not all of us are anti gay religious nuts, but nobody here wants to hear that.

Strike

Good riddance. Although I have to admit, I kinda wanted to see this shitshow drag on all the way to the convention.

Rymuth

But I want my brokered convention!

Poor Kasich, you should never have trusted in Cruz. Trump's never gonna pick you for VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom