• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Nugent and Bill Maher Come Together on ‘No Violence’ in Political Debates Pledge

The guy creates a shitstorm with the people he's supposedly an "ally" of every few weeks now. It shouldn't be "100% lockstep" to expect someone not to use the N-word or joyfully throw transpersons under the bus alongside a child rape sympathizer.

Just a difference if opinion man, it's like not being in sync on a $10/hr minimum wage debate vs $15.

W h a t

And people follow this dude in droves?

I can see his defenders saying

"hey their just lyrics, he's not really a pedo! Those thug rappers always talk about murdering fools! And macking on hoes!! " "obama listens to Kendrick! He's a thug!" "Those thugs hate cops! THey want them dead!"
"Their pants SAAAAAG!!"

MUnited83

For you.
If your "allies" have to be in 100% lockstep with you on all issues at all times, I can't imagine you're ever going to have very many of them. I'm ambivalent on Bill; I agree with him on some issues, and oppose him on many others. That's just how it is.

Bill isn't a ally of anyone but himself.

Nekofrog

Banned
If your "allies" have to be in 100% lockstep with you on all issues at all times, I can't imagine you're ever going to have very many of them. I'm ambivalent on Bill; I agree with him on some issues, and oppose him on many others. That's just how it is.

Lock and step? No we are asking that our "allies" not expect us to behave like bitch ass door mats that find the promotion of racism and sexism acceptable.

Fuck bill Maher and anyone defending him

He's an "ally" who brags about helping launch careers of right wing hate peddlers like Coulter and Conway and boasted he wanted to help re-launch Milo's.

That's why he's not an ally.

That's not asking for lockstep. It's asking not to help boost the careers of evil people who hurt and cause damage and spread hate for fun.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Pedophilia anthems were a LOT more common back in the "classic rock" era than people want to remember. Fuck, Spinal Tap even recorded a number parodying them.

tumblr_n23bkvw68L1qlvs4go1_400.gif

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
So why wasn't he saying any of this when Obama was President?
Because he's generally a divisive asshole, and everything he did during Obama's presidency fueled a far right, xenophobic, racist movement without regard for the humanity of his opposition? Again, he's absolutely horrible, but we shouldn't fight improving rhetoric just because the devil himself makes a statement in support of it.

Nekofrog

Banned
I wonder how surprised these shit lords are that liberal leaning people aren't going to just sit down and break bread with mother fucking racists and shit around here

Mael

When you know that fucking Megyn Kelly is better at doing what Maher supposed to be doing you know there's not much hope left for that dollar store comedian.
Anyone who still think Maher is on anyone's side but his own, I've got some fine bridge to sell.

HStallion

Because he's generally a divisive asshole, and everything he did during Obama's presidency fueled a far right, xenophobic, racist movement without regard for the humanity of his opposition? Again, he's absolutely horrible, but we shouldn't fight improving rhetoric just because the devil himself makes a statement in support of it.

Yeah and? The message is generic pap coming from that man.

If you punch me square in the face every time we meet no matter what and then one time you say you will stop doing that and its bad because I happen to be holding a baseball bat then why should I trust you to not punch me in the face the next time we meet and I don't have that baseball bat?

Averon

I wonder how surprised these shit lords are that liberal leaning people aren't going to just sit down and break bread with mother fucking racists and shit around here

It reminds me about how the GOP always get all hot and bothered whenever a Democrat punches back hard and not just lay down. I still remember all the handwringing from the GOP when Obama pummeled Romney about his ties to Bain Capital.

RPGCrazied

Seriously though. Lately its been trash he has on. Milo, head of Breitbart and now this guy.

Who is next? Richard Spencer? David Duke? Do these people really need a platform? No, they don't. All that does is allow more of these crazy fucks to come out of the woodwork.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Pretty sure he's a Democrat and there's nothing Republican about him. GAF is so far left that he may appear to be center-right, lol. But objectively speaking he's a traditional Democrat..

He has people on with opposing political views because it's entertaining. And it's important to have discourse. Though I know dissenting opinions are not common here at GAF and this may seem foreign to some.

Don't worry though - John Oliver will make you feel better with a half-hour monologue about identity politics and why you shouldn't vote Republican!

Can you elaborate on this further? How does a statement like that lead to Trump being president?

People believing both sides are the same and being unable to see that although someone may differ in certain issues they could still be on your side definitely contributed to Trump winning. Believing Ted Nugent and Bill Maher are on the same side of the coin is just flat out absurd.

I wish liberals could understand that while someone may not agree with you 100% of the time if they vote with you then that's what fucking matters. It's not enough to have votes and support you have to be lockstep with the mindset too.

Newsflash there are democrats who don't care for vaccines, there are democrats who are against abortion, there are democrats who want a stronger border, etc... Stop trying to weed out or purify the party. People aren't going to agree on everything.

HStallion

Pretty sure he's a Democrat and there's nothing Republican about him. GAF is so far left that he may appear to be center-right, lol. But objectively speaking he's a traditional Democrat..

He has people on with opposing political views because it's entertaining. And it's important to have discourse. Though I know dissenting opinions are not common here at GAF and this may seem foreign to some.

Don't worry though - John Oliver will make you feel better with a half-hour monologue about identity politics and why you shouldn't vote Republican!

Are we talking about Ted Nugent here?

MUnited83

For you.

Traditional democrats are not anti-vaxxers or casually spout the n word. Discourse? Lmao everything Bill does is invite those pieces of shit to draw up views and nothing more. He doesn't know how to debate and he hasn't fucking challenged anyone even remotely.

John Oliver actually talks about issues that should be discussed, not "let's invite this piece of shit that has nothing to say because I controversy to have advertising for my empty ass show"

L Thammy

I like how there are two names in the thread title, but you don't even point out which one you're talking about.

Loudninja

Not if its coming from the person that has been on the frontline of said rhetoric.

Chumley

Banned
The anti Maher stuff on this forum is full blown tribalism at this point. Impossible to have an honest discussion about his show or about the idea of not ignoring the opposition.

Maher's a comedian who likes to be an asshole and needs ratings. All he does is fellate these bigots when he has them on and people unaffected by the bigotry eat it up.

Loudninja

The anti Maher stuff on this forum is full blown tribalism at this point. Impossible to have an honest discussion about his show.
Who fault is that? Also we had plenty of honest discussion not our fault he continues to act this way or invite these people.

If continues to invite these people what is are suppose to say?

MUnited83

For you.
The anti Maher stuff on this forum is full blown tribalism at this point. Impossible to have an honest discussion about his show or about the idea of not ignoring the opposition.
Not sure on how calling a shithead a shithead is "tribalism"
Also, all he does with his fucking show is help propagate other shitheads. He is phisically enable to actually challenge the views of anyone he brings to the show. The dumbass is nothing more than a controversy-hungry airhead that has nothing to say.

theWB27

Is there anything wrong with not believing a racist like nugent until he actually proves it on a continuous basis?

Chumley

Banned
Who fault is that?

Also we had plenty of honest discussion not our fault he continues to do all this nasty garbage.

No we haven't. I can't count the number of times I've tried to have a thought out conversation about him and his show only to get "what's wrong with you?" or equivalent total dismissal not even addressing what I'm saying. Like during the N word thing I was raked over the coals for saying I didn't believe he personally was a racist person, he just said a racist thing and that there's a huge distinction between that and having truly malicious intent.

It never goes anywhere.

No we haven't. I can't count the number of times I've tried to have a thought out conversation about him and his show only to get "what's wrong with you?" or equivalent total dismissal not even addressing what I'm saying. Like during the N word thing I was raked over the coals for saying I didn't believe he personally was a racist person, he just said a racist thing and that there's a huge distinction between that and having truly malicious intent.

It never goes anywhere.

How'd you feel about the Milo interview

People are free to enjoy Maher if they want to, just don't try to thrust him on us as an ally

Not sure on how calling a shithead a shithead is "tribalism"
Also, all he does with his fucking show is help propagate other shitheads. He is phisically enable to actually challenge the views of anyone he brings to the show. The dumbass is nothing more than a controversy-hungry airhead that has nothing to say.

This is so far from the truth its laughable. When he has conservatives on his show he calls them out on bullshit all the time, even has panelists there to help him with it. Of course he doesnt spend the entire hour trying to nail down the conservative on a single issue because he has a whole weeks worth of stuff he wants to get to. So what happens is Bill brings up a topic, republican says something dumb, Bill calls him out on it and then the democratic panelists chime in, republican gets the last word and says something dumb, and then Bill has to move to another topic. This isnt a John Oliver style show where he rants and raves, calling people out of their names, and then doesnt have to let anyone else get a word in.

Chumley

Banned
How'd you feel about the Milo interview

It was horrible. One of his low points. But that doesn't erase the hundreds of hours of good and informative shit on the panels and other interviews. And yeah, he says dumb shit trying to be funny every now and then but the idea that he's not an ally to liberals is insane.

MUnited83

For you.
This is so far from the truth its laughable. When he has conservatives on his show he calls them out of bullshit all the time, even has panelists there to help him with it. Of course he doesnt spend the entire hour trying to nail down the conservative on a single issue because he has a whole weeks worth of stuff he wants to get to. So what happens is Bill brings up a topic, republican says something dumb, Bill calls him out on it and then the democratic panelists chime in, republican gets the last word and says something dumb, and then Bill has to move to another topic.
Shithead :" *insert random bullshit made up statistic here"
Bill Maher "*shrugs*"

Passing judgement On who? Ted or bill?

Cause I'm not interested in what ted has to say .

The whole point of why Maher is bringing him on is because Nugent has recently brought up a change in thought, in regards to the extreme and hateful views that he spreads. It's always a positive when someone with millions of followers has a more reasonable point of view.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Traditional democrats are not anti-vaxxers or casually spout the n word. Discourse? Lmao everything Bill does is invite those pieces of shit to draw up views and nothing more. He doesn't know how to debate and he hasn't fucking challenged anyone even remotely.

John Oliver actually talks about issues that should be discussed, not "let's invite this piece of shit that has nothing to say because I controversy to have advertising for my empty ass show"

Well, traditional Democrats were slave owners who said that word, so maybe he is one... but honestly I should have compared him to a 20th century "progressive" or something.

Bill Maher is the same guy who said the 9/11 terrorists weren't cowards even though they killed 3,000+ innocents. His American celebrity should have ended 16 years ago but he created an empire on HBO during the Bush / Obama years, shitting on the former and praising the latter.

He got a pass from the left all this time but now he doesn't fit into their political agenda because he's not anti-right enough, so he's labeled a "friend of the enemy."

But a Republican he is not.

Top Bottom