• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teens react to The Last of Us

God I love that ending. The music gives me chills every time.

For anyone looking for more reactions, this channel has video compilations of youtubers reacting to big moments in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tftYdzy5V-8

Perhaps you discover some new LP's to watch from here!

Like what other game or series is handled with such maturity and has that feel of an actual well rounded fulfilled story and premise.

I don't know, it's just handled with so much weight and confidence. It's what I always wanted from this industry, it all makes me so happy this stuff exists. I do hope the dissenters become more and more in the minority and are silenced, because this is literally why I love this industry and why I got into it in the first place.

I know people are obsessive about making games solely about the "fun" of it and keeping it light. But I think they can be BOTH and so much more.

(thanks for posting, I watched them all play through the last one. It was kind of hard to watch, cause its like watching someone watch your favorite film and not reacting exactly how you want haha. But it was nice seeing fresh eyes check it out!)

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
They're finally doing it!

The Last of Us: Left Behind - Part 1

Unfortunately a couple of the kids from the main series are off to college, but they gave shoutouts and passed the torch.

I wonder how many contextual items/moments they will pass by. That's where so much of the DLC's content is. It looks like it's only set to be four episodes (one today, one tomorrow, one next Sunday, and one next Monday).

Im not a fan of react videos. But reacting to shit thats relevant to your demographic??? What the fucks the point? Show these teens shit like a gramophone or something. Or show old folks The Last of Us.

Im not a fan of react videos. But reacting to shit thats relevant to your demographic??? What the fucks the point? Show these teens shit like a gramophone or something. Or show old folks The Last of Us.

Lol. It's just a let's play multiple perspectives. Is that really that crazy to you?

A lot of these teens aren't gamers so it shows some interesting perspectives and it has been fun to watch some of them get invested in such a heavily story driven game.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Hehe, it seems Morgan was instantly picking up on the subtext of Ellie and Riley's relationship. Just the way those two characters converse with each other, you can tell there's something extra going on.

Nice of them to release these episodes so close together. It's a breezy DLC campaign so there's no need to draw it out.

taizuke

Hehe, it seems Morgan was instantly picking up on the subtext of Ellie and Riley's relationship. Just the way those two characters converse with each other, you can tell there's something extra going on.

Nice of them to release these episodes so close together. It's a breezy DLC campaign so there's no need to draw it out.

Morgan's been my favorite throughout all of this. The fact she picked up on it and i didn't until the
photobooth
says how perceptive she is.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Surprised they never did this for Horizon, well beyond that initial video. I guess an open world game doesn't lend itself so well to this type of reaction video.

Catalix

Really good wrap up. They became so heavily invested in such a brief period of time. I relate to Morgan saying how greatly beneficial the DLC was for fleshing out Ellie's character.

Surprised they never did this for Horizon, well beyond that initial video. I guess an open world game doesn't lend itself so well to this type of reaction video.
Yeah I imagine a full playthrough of an open world game with this many participants would be a nightmare. Even something as super linear as TLOU was already a hassle to produce with scheduling multiple sessions and editing them all together.

Joeku

target market reacts to targeting product

Babies react to Teething Rings
Senior Citizens react to Mobility Scooters
Cats react to Meow Mix

Despite your cynicism, this is a bunch of Gen Z'ers reacting to a product for Millennials.

Go back to flailing in the wind about Jim Sterling videos and the like where your lack of coherence fits better.

Despite your cynicism, this is a bunch of Gen Z'ers reacting to a product for Millennials.

no mom the game is so deep and deals with fatherhood and stuff, it's truly art

yes there are zombies in it

yes there is a lot of swearing and shooting and violence

no i'm not having kids any time soon

GAWD

Joeku

GAWD

haha i'm so cool emotions don't mean anything to me. Like Shadow the Hedgehog, I'm about being cool and thinking curses are rad. There's nothing beneath the surface at all.

HardRojo

GAWD
Is this a way of saying TLoU is not a good game? Because it is a damn fine one.

Gameplay is great. But if people didn't bother to learn its intricacies, that's on them.

Intricacies...oh please.

TLOU is incredible but lets not be crazy people. The gameplay is polished, but has very little depth. Some of the clicker areas are flat out boring. People seem to mistake gameplay for atmosphere.

HardRojo

Intricacies...oh please.

TLOU is incredible but lets not be crazy people. The gameplay is polished, but has very little depth. Some of the clicker areas are flat out boring. People seem to mistake gameplay for atmosphere.
You got resource management, crafting, brick and bottle mechanics, melee weapon mechanics, health upgrades that fill your health completely if no health kit is available, story transitions that'll heal you completely to keep in mind and more. As I said, it's not the game's fault, plenty of people don't bother learning how to properly play action and fighting games either, despite then having robust mechanics. Dodge offset is a thing in Bayonetta, yet few players know about it and use it.

Top Bottom