• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 for 360 winter 2007 with Live support?

ManaByte

DUH?

Look, Sega is putting VF5 on the Xbox 360. Some may not want to believe it, but that's a fact. It's been announced.

Namco will put Tekken 6 on the Xbox 360 to directly compete against VF5. As soon as Sega announced VF5 for the 360 it was only a matter of time before Namco did this.

Ryuuga

Banned
tekken360sz3.jpg
?

ManaByte said:
DUH?

Look, Sega is putting VF5 on the Xbox 360. Some may not want to believe it, but that's a fact. It's been announced.

Namco will put Tekken 6 on the Xbox 360 to directly compete against VF5. As soon as Sega announced VF5 for the 360 it was only a matter of time before Namco did this.

I dont think anyone doesnt believe about VF5.

"Namco will put Tekken 6 on the Xbox 360 to directly compete against VF5"

Not quite sure where the logic there would be considering if Tekken 6 sees the light of day in 2007 it will be a miracle and VF5 hits much earlier.

ManaByte

OokieSpookie said:
I dont think anyone doesnt believe about VF5.

"Namco will put Tekken 6 on the Xbox 360 to directly compete against VF5"

Not quite sure where the logic there would be considering if Tekken 6 sees the light of day in 2007 it will be a miracle and VF5 hits much earlier.

It'll still be on the same platform as Virtua Fighter, and that's all they really care about. They care jack shit about exclusivity. They just care about crushing VF anywhere they can.

Furoba

Tekken Tag Tournament was to appear on Dreamcast in the first place, but Sony got their way in the end. Would be interesting to see Sony in a position where they'd really have to compete.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ManaByte said:
It'll still be on the same platform as Virtua Fighter, and that's all they really care about. They care jack shit about exclusivity. They just care about crushing VF anywhere they can.

Heh. How've they been doing recently?

KAOS

I'll believe it when it when I see it. Tekken on 360 with live support, achievements, rumble and custom soundtracks would be nice! Untill then I'm enjoying the hell out of Tekken 5 DR for the PS3.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Tekken goes hand in hand with the Playstation brand (rhymez, yo), over here at least, and it could really hurt sales among the casuals (like GTA did*). This is solely based on anecdotal evidence but quite a few friends of mine wouldn't buy the more expensive PS3 if this turns out to be true. If my assumptions are true then I'd give Namco a pretty big moneyhat to secure exclusivity, this is one of their bigger exclusives and could very well hurt sales.

Edit:

* I'm just talking about brand perception among my peers here, GTA not being a timed exclusive was really big to them and it helped some decide which console they'd buy this gen. Again, all anecdotal.

ManaByte

Nino said:
Tekken goes hand in hand with the Playstation brand (rhymez, yo), over here at least, and it could really hurt sales among the casuals (like GTA did). This is solely based on anecdotal evidence but quite a few friends of mine wouldn't buy the more expensive PS3 if this turns out to be true. If my assumptions are true then I'd give Namco a pretty big moneyhat to secure exclusivity, this is one of their bigger exclusives and could very well hurt sales.

tgbapack.jpg

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
ManaByte said:

Since I'm riding the anecdotal train: I'd be surprised if any of said friends even knew about this title, much less consider to buy it. I'm filing this under 'Moot', together with that card game on Wonderswan.

Tekken goes hand in hand with the Playstation brand (rhymez, yo), over here at least, and it could really hurt sales among the casuals (like GTA did). This is solely based on anecdotal evidence but quite a few friends of mine wouldn't buy the more expensive PS3 if this turns out to be true. If my assumptions are true then I'd give Namco a pretty big moneyhat to secure exclusivity, this is one of their bigger exclusives and could very well hurt sales
Very true really, i have atleast 5 friends with Tekken as the biggest reason to buy the ps3 its really popular among casual gamers in Asia.

jett

D-Member
I guess with the current state of things I shouldn't be surprised...if true that is...and we all know how reliable teamxbox is.

ManaByte said:

You need to shut the **** up.

ManaByte

jett said:
I guess with the current state of things I shouldn't be surprised...if true that is...and we all know how reliable teamxbox is.

You need to shut the **** up.

Do people not remember the two-page ads that Namco and Sega ran in Japan when VF4 came to the PS2? The whole purpose of doing that was to say they were on the same platform now.

kevm3

Nino said:
Tekken goes hand in hand with the Playstation brand (rhymez, yo), over here at least, and it could really hurt sales among the casuals (like GTA did). This is solely based on anecdotal evidence but quite a few friends of mine wouldn't buy the more expensive PS3 if this turns out to be true. If my assumptions are true then I'd give Namco a pretty big moneyhat to secure exclusivity, this is one of their bigger exclusives and could very well hurt sales.

Exactly. If Sony is stupid enough to think they can lose a game like Tekken and everything will be fine and dandy, then they are in for a rude awakening. They better pay the money to secure this, MGS and Final Fantasy. If they think they can turn into Nintendo (let the exclusives go and sell the system on first party), then they are sorely mistaken.

Hunahan

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
(Dont worry guys..... here... play some Rally X)

:lol Oh man that's cold.

Anyways, this rumor is way too loose to really get worked up over. In the last 360 mailbag Doug states himself "I doubt that Namco's Tekken would ever make the jump" right after basically confirming his belief that MGS4 will definately be ported, and then speculating that both DMC4 and FF13 have a shot. In other words, he's putting Tekken lowest on the chain for possibilities, so why on earth would he do that if he secretly knew that the game was actually confirmed? None of it adds up, but sure...it would theoretically be pretty sweet.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Viddie said:
Very unlikely i think, surely Sony wouldn't be stupid enough to let this franchise go.

They did with every other one except this tho. GTA, Soul Calibur, Ridge Racer, Virtua Fighter...

You know Sony's mantra: "we don't care about the competition"

ManaByte

TTP said:
They did with every other one except this tho. GTA, Soul Calibur, Ridge Racer, Virtua Fighter...

You know Sony's mantra: "we don't care about the competition"

Soul Calibur III was PS2 exclusive.

It's very possible Namco is doing Tekken 6 multiplatform and then Tekken Tag 2 PS3 exclusive. Like they did with Soul Calibur this past gen.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
FOR ALL THE MERCIFUL AND HOLY, PLEASE BRING RR7 TO THE 360, SO THAT I CAN FINALLY PLAY RR6 FOR THE FIRST TIME, AND THEN TURN AROUND AND IMMEDIATELY PLAY RR7 RIGHT AFTER!!!!!!

ant1532

Banned
If this turned out true, damn I am really starting to feel for Sony...

Nevertheless thanks mashoutposse I am getting Tekken DR on PS3 right now :D

.. but it's taking FOREVER to download...15 % 26 minutes

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
ManaByte said:
Soul Calibur III was PS2 exclusive.

It's very possible Namco is doing Tekken 6 multiplatform and then Tekken Tag 2 PS3 exclusive. Like they did with Soul Calibur this past gen.

And we all know how well this turned out last time...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
mood said:
Interesting, but only for the Live support. If it doesnt have online, I really dont care about fighters. VF5 included.

QFT... only one of my friends (who is pretty damn good at them) is into fighters, so I won't buy any non online fighting game, since there's just no competition.

sprocket

Banned
Who care its just like last gen a lot of ps2 got ported to the xbox early in the gen to increase sales .No big deal . Like VF5 all those games came out 4 to 5 months after the PS2 version . I expect the same thing this gen as well .

until the PS3 stars to pull way ahead. ;)

I'd rather have Soul Calibur, but I believe this news. Will be interesting watching the blood bath if PS3 gets the Soul Calibur exclusive.

kevm3

sprocket said:
Who care its just like last gen a lot of ps2 got ported to the xbox early in the gen to increase sales .No big deal . Like VF5 all those games came out 4 to 5 months after the PS2 version . I expect the same thing this gen as well .

until the PS3 stars to pull way ahead. ;)

Difference is that there will be plenty to play on the 360 until it comes out and eliminates another reason to pay for the more expensive PS3. Sort of like the wait for RE4 on the PS2.

sprocket

Banned
kevm3 said:
Difference is that there will be plenty to play on the 360 until it comes out and eliminates another reason to pay for the more expensive PS3. Sort of like the wait for RE4 on the PS2.

Yeah but I could say the same for 360 . Why should someone get a 360 when every thing is coming out on the ps3 .. first .?

see how that can be turned around .

ManaByte

sprocket said:
Yeah but I could say the same for 360 . Why should someone get a 360 when every thing is coming out on the ps3 .. first .?

see how that can be turned around .

Huh?

kevm3

I'd say because the system is $100 cheaper at minimum.

The burden is on Sony to maintain exclusives because their system is more expensive. If both systems had the same games at similar quality (no clear multiplatform exclusivity), would you rather buy a machine for $400 or for $500? If you're essentially getting the same product, I'd go for the cheaper machine.

If PS3 had demonstrated a clear trend of having the superior multiplatform versions across the board, I would've definitely said get the PS3. However, with a decent amount of multiplatform games being better on 360 due to whatever reasons and if more of the PS exclusive franchises become multiplatform, what is a real reason to own the PS3 (unless you're a big fan of Sony's first party titles or Blu-Ray)?

kevm3

One advantage the PS3 has to me is the freeonline and the ability to use a USB keyboard and mouse. If Sony would only get developers of FPSs and other games to enable support of mouse and keyboard...

kevm3

DantesWrath said:
I'll give up on PS3 if this happens.

I'd probably just get a 360 and skip out on the PS3. If Sony can't be bothered to hold on to the exclusives that defined them as a console, its clear that gaming really isn't the clear focus of the PS3, and I won't be bothered spending half a grand on the machine.

There's ton of exclusive Blu-Ray support, but you're letting your competition nab all of your exclusive gaming support? Sony's first party is pretty good, but I can do without its games. 3rd party support and a reasonable price is what sold me on making PS1 and 2 my main machines and it is what will sell me on this upcoming generation.

Sony needs to get the point that gaming is what will sell the PS3 instead of this entertainment hub garbage they seem prone on pushing. If they don't get back to focusing on wrapping up their exclusive games, not only will the PS3 bomb, but possibly Blu-Ray as well, seeing as how the PS3 is their number 1 Blu-Ray trojan. I think Sony needs to realize that gamers may think its a nice feature and eventually buy some movies for it, but first and foremost, when people see the PS3, they see it as a gaming console. Most people will not buy PS3 as a Blu-Ray player, so stop trying to sell it based on that. Focus on gaming first and get rid of that PSP syndrome.

Top Bottom