• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 for 360 winter 2007 with Live support?

GHG

Ryuuga said:
tekken360sz3.jpg
?

I can't believe there was a time when almost everyone thought that was actually going to be possible on the PS3 :lol .

choc_cake

Banned
sprocket said:
Who care its just like last gen a lot of ps2 got ported to the xbox early in the gen to increase sales .No big deal . Like VF5 all those games came out 4 to 5 months after the PS2 version . I expect the same thing this gen as well .

until the PS3 stars to pull way ahead. ;)

It is a big deal overall, because the PS3 gets a lot less of exclusives that matter, you have to pay $600 and that will be significant when the Xbox 360 gets a price drop next year.

Why would you pay two-three hundred dollars more to get something that might not work with your HDTV and does not even have rumble only to get games that the Xbox 360 can already have?

Dahbomb

GHG said:
I can't believe there was a time when almost everyone thought that was actually going to be possible on the PS3 :lol .
neogaf1.gif

Also since E3 06 was essentially Tekken DR on PSN, the minute possibility is still there. Just shut up and BERIEVE!

I'm thinking Tekken will remain a Sony-exclusive and not end up on Xbox 360. I believe Tekken will be one of the few exclusive games Sony hangs onto.

Soul Caliber 4 though, definitally a 360 game, maybe even on 360 first.

kevm3

I don't believe that concept render is possible, but looking at how a lot of other PS3 games made HUGE strides, I'm sure Tekken will surprise a lot of people visually. Obviously that ugly E3 trailer was quickly whipped together. Soul Calibur 3 is amazing looking and who would've thought that would've been possible on PS2? Even though Ridge Racer wasn't all that impressive visually, there is a high probability that Namco will wow with Tekken.

Strike

TheIkariWarrior said:
I'm thinking Tekken will remain a Sony-exclusive and not end up on Xbox 360. I believe Tekken will be one of the few exclusive games Sony hangs onto.

Soul Caliber 4 though, definitally a 360 game, maybe even on 360 first.

Why would you say that? How many units did SC2 sell on Xbox compaered to the other versions and what about SC3? I really wonder if we'll all be talking about sony doom and gloom same time next year.

LJ11

You state:
ManaByte said:
It'll still be on the same platform as Virtua Fighter, and that's all they really care about. They care jack shit about exclusivity. They just care about crushing VF anywhere they can.

But then you say:
ManaByte said:
Do people not remember the two-page ads that Namco and Sega ran in Japan when VF4 came to the PS2? The whole purpose of doing that was to say they were on the same platform now.

They took out the add to cross-promote. Namco doesn't want to "crush" VF, I'm not sure they could do it if they wanted to. They just want to sell the game to VF fans.

C4Lukins

neojubei said:
if it happens, i'll still buy the ps3 version. Same with VF5.

Yes, we know you will. If you give me your username and password, I am pretty sure I could start posting for you and nobody would know the difference. That way you could just sitback and relax, and not worry about typing and all of that.

Ryuuga said:
Aww damn it was too subtle :p People missed the point of my edit :p It's in the "EYE" of the beholder.

Haha...yeah, way too subtle. Brighten it up some and it would be more obvious...though I guess that's what you were going for.

ManaByte

schism said:
I see your

And raise you a

7950026tv5.jpg

tekken65jovb7.jpg

I don't believe that concept render is possible, but looking at how a lot of other PS3 games made HUGE strides, I'm sure Tekken will surprise a lot of people visually. Obviously that ugly E3 trailer was quickly whipped together. Soul Calibur 3 is amazing looking and who would've thought that would've been possible on PS2? Even though Ridge Racer wasn't all that impressive visually, there is a high probability that Namco will wow with Tekken.

Well after playing GTHD, I am convinced that they can get VERY VERY VERY VERY close to the FMV concept.

ManaByte

m0dus said:
Er . . . I was more convinced after seeing FightNight for 360/ps3. GTHD doesn't really do anything visually relevant to what the CG Tekken trailer is attempting to accomplish (IE, cars generally don't use subsurface scattering and flesh-mapping) :)

FN3 was impressive yes. But GTHD looks so much like real life that it was convincing enough that getting close to the render of Tekken seems very possible on the system now.

GreekWolf

neojubei said:
if it happens, i'll still buy the ps3 version. Same with VF5.
I think if every game coming out for the next ten years was 360 exclusive, you'd still prefer to buy an empty box with the Sony logo slapped on it.

Yoboman

GreekWolf said:
I think if every game coming out for the next ten years was 360 exclusive, you'd still prefer to buy an empty box with the Sony logo slapped on it.
You're paying for potential

Japanese developers are known to be quite the devoted type. Namco has always stated that Tekken is synonymous with PlayStation. One of the main reasons why Tekken 5 DR was released so quickly was to combat both Virtua Fighter 5's release and the fact that Namco really wanted Tekken 6 to be a launch day title.
When T6 was first announced, they stated that it would be a direct to home fighter like Soul Calibur 3. Now, due to delays (hinting at online integration), Namco has taken back the traditional with an arcade stop along the way. This alone proves that they will stick with the PlayStation3 exclusively. Chances of a version coming out on 360 months, even years, later remains highly unlikely. This isn't the first time rumors have arisen about the franchise leaving Sony territory. Tekken 5 was heavily rumored to be coming out on Xbox. Sadly, Tekken looks to remain a Sony baby.

kevm3 said:
I'd probably just get a 360 and skip out on the PS3. If Sony can't be bothered to hold on to the exclusives that defined them as a console, its clear that gaming really isn't the clear focus of the PS3, and I won't be bothered spending half a grand on the machine.

I thought the 100 exclusive 'first party' titles in development would define the PS3 as a console?

Frankly, unless Sony wants to give a moneyhat, why would Namco keep Tekken exclusive?

(The same/reverse goes for all of the third party 360 exclusives)

theMediator said:
Japanese developers are known to be quite the devoted type. Namco has always stated that Tekken is synonymous with PlayStation. One of the main reasons why Tekken 5 DR was released so quickly was to combat both Virtua Fighter 5's release and the fact that Namco really wanted Tekken 6 to be a launch day title.
When T6 was first announced, they stated that it would be a direct to home fighter like Soul Calibur 3. Now, due to delays (hinting at online integration), Namco has taken back the traditional with an arcade stop along the way. This alone proves that they will stick with the PlayStation3 exclusively. Chances of a version coming out on 360 months, even years, later remains highly unlikely. This isn't the first time rumors have arisen about the franchise leaving Sony territory. Tekken 5 was heavily rumored to be coming out on Xbox. Sadly, Tekken looks to remain a Sony baby.

Unlike that logic, Namco like any other company wants to make money. And when you have an install base of 8+million loyalty fades. The almighty dollar is what counts. If they go multi sales would probably be about 40% higher on the X360.

That may be true, but we have seen Namco follow this "logic" for quite awhile now. I would like to see most titles on both platforms but don't count on Tekken 6 being on the 360 at release. I would never count out a later version but even then, who knows. It comes down to Namco wanting to break "tradition."

theMediator said:
That may be true, but we have seen Namco follow this "logic" for quite awhile now. I would like to see most titles on both platforms but don't count on Tekken 6 being on the 360 at release. I would never count out a later version but even then, who knows. It comes down to Namco wanting to break "tradition."

Who the hell ever thought that we'd ever see a real, brand new (not the shitty ports that N64 and DS got) Ridge Racer game on a non-Sony console?

Ridge Racer is Namco's trademark promiscuous franchise. It has seen release on a variety of consoles in the past. There will probably be a version out on launch day for every impending console release. Soul Calibur has also seen multi-platform release but oddly never Tekken. I really hope tradition breaks as I would love to play Tekken on 360 but Namco has been pretty slow with their prized fighter franchise.

theMediator said:
Ridge Racer is Namco's trademark promiscuous franchise. It has seen release on a variety of consoles in the past.

Promiscuous = 1 shitty N64 port, 1 shitty DS port.

It's fascinating watching people who think that nothing is changing this generation.

Hey buddy, I am all for change. It is not like I favor a particular console. I am one of those starving gamers out there that has to have everything the day it comes out. I own all three and hope that most games come out universally for the good of the industry.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
GreekWolf said:

wow i didnt know this will hurt you guys that much. Is it a bad thing to buy one version for the system that you play the most. Don't get bent out of shape when I tell you this, but other people will buy the ps3 version not just me.

choc_cake said:
It's your money. Thank God it's not mine. :lol

Of course it is my money, and if it pains you that I like sony first party games (and add the fact I am holding out for a ZOE3 exclusive to PS3) and rather just play the majority of games on the system, then you are quite sad.

wow this would be great news (if true). My friend (after hearing of every PS3 lost exclusive) is always like "well all I want ps3 for is Tekken anyways..." he's a Tekken nut (rightly so)

Shinobi

Ryuuga said:

:lol :lol :lol Ah, E3 '05...seems like a lifetime ago the way things have gone since then.

People blaming Sony for possibly losing Tekken (along with losing VF5 and DQ9 to varying degrees) simply aren't looking at the facts.

Whatever Sony can offer a company in terms of incentives, MS can match and exceed them by a factor of five. Finanicially Sony really can't say shit to MS. That's just the reality. MS wanted VF, and they got it. They wanted GTA4, and they got it. What makes you think they don't want Tekken 6, particularly after they got Ridge Racer 6 all for it's lonesome (and who would've made THAT prediction two years ago? Even I didn't see that one coming :lol).

It's not that Sony doesn't want to keep these games exclusive, or isn't working hard to keep them. They simply can't afford to do so. In terms of financial clout, MS is simply in a different league.

In the previous/current console era, Microsoft's money really didn't matter. PS2 had already put DC to the mat, had a year headstart on it's other rivals, and was selling as fast as they were making them. They owned the shit out of the industry unlike any console in history. So it made sense for third parties to stick to the Sony gravy train, because the userbase was always going to be heaps bigger.

That advantage is no longer there. 360 has had a year headstart, and while PS3 might offer a far bigger power advantage, it'll be a while before we see it (not that it's ever been a big deciding factor anyway...NES, Gameboy, Genesis and PSX all had stronger rivals that they sold as good as, beat or whipped soundly). Price wise they're the worst off by far. MS has the online structure. Wii has cheap development and a unique controller. PS3 offers brute strength and unprecedented space, but at a premium. With no clear advantage in Sony's corner, why the hell would a third party simply throw their hat into their ring like they did previously?

That's why GTA4, VF5 and yes, even DQ9 were always candidates to land elsewhere. At the end of the day, the vast majority of third parties have a loyalty to one thing and one thing only...the buck. Or the yen, the Euro, the peso, or whatever you wanna call it. It's pretty ****ing obvious at this point that the market is going to be far more even now then it was during the last round, and that's why previous third party franchises that were PS2 exclusives are landing on other consoles along with the PS3 counterparts. It's nothing personal, just business.

I reckon the only companies that will stick with Sony regardless are those based in Japan who'd rather not see an American company rule the gaming roost, or even have a chance of doing so.

After all that ranting, I think Tekken 6 hitting 360 is a 50/50 split...because I think Namco is possibly one of the Japanese third parties I was referring to. But if that's not the case, then money talks and bullshit walks. And why's Namco gonna turn down a bit of extra chow from MS and extra sales on the 360? It's the same question I asked about VF5 for two years, and I never did get a decent answer.

Pristine_Condition said:
You know what this means if true:

With Tekken and VF available, XBox fans can finally stop pretending they really like DOA.

Kinda like how Sony fans could quit pretending Tekken was the king of all fighters when VF4 got dropped into their laps...

Furoba

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Promiscuous = 1 shitty N64 port, 1 shitty DS port.

It's fascinating watching people who think that nothing is changing this generation.

Don't forget Rave Racer for PC. ;p

Twix

if true ( which I highly doubt ) I can’t imagine Sony reaching this level of passivity,the Tekken series was always about Sony’s consoles.. more than 10 years of exclusivity, it’s hard to believe that Sony will give up easily, especially at the time when the press talk about " Sony losing more exclusives "..

if that really what’s gonna happen then Sony really do not care about games anymore.. hello Blu-ray we all love you :/

Fady K

Hey guys, my thoughts on all this PS3 doom and gloom stuff is right now, its a little early and the hardware aint all easy. Plus, the price is still crazy for a lot, and at this point with the very few PS3s available in the market, this stuff is bound to happen. It didnt really happen with the PS2 because there wasnt a Gamecube/Xbox around. And still, the PS2 had, in my opnion, a terrible first year, even though the price was a lot lot cheaper.

A year from now, I think things will get a lot better when its easier to make games for the system, the online plan is understood better, games like Heavenly Sword and MGS4 help sell, and hopefully a price drop.

I think its way too early to be sure of doom and gloom now.

Thoughts?

EverSoTrendy said:
You play Tekken with a pad? :lol :lol :lol :lol
How do I chombo with da Steve it no work, MS da suck! I mean come on now.

Sorry if every ones not an elitest like you. Lord forbid someone uses something that feels comfortable to them.

Top Bottom