• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 for 360 winter 2007 with Live support?

Fady K

Even if Namco does release Tekken 6 on the 360, Id not hate them one bit. I love their Tekken and Tales games. Their Ace Combat games rock. As long as they dont abandon Sony hardware, I dont take it as a cheap act whatsoever. Also, Tekken on the PSP is not Tekken 5 on the PS2. There are considerable differences.

Oh, and these guys published the Xenosaga games :D <3 <3 <3

cank stoochie said:
tekken is no longer a system seller. i think sony will will probably go for a timed exclusive

I thought Sony was spending their money on over 100 in-house titles instead of moneyhats?

These assumptions are hilarious.

Tekken is not the huge AAA franchise it once was but it still carries a lot of influence and popularity. If Tekken 6 comes out for PS3 and 360, I guarantee sales will be high, at least 1.5 million copies sold between the two.

It makes sense for Namco to put Tekken on the 360. The 360 has an amazingly high software to hardware sales ratio. Sure, RR6 was not a huge seller but RR7 isn't really doing that much better.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Even IF this is true, I wonder how excited 360-owners should get. Tekken is best played with the d-pad, which by sheer coincidence is the 360's achilles' heel.

neorej said:
Even IF this is true, I wonder how excited 360-owners should get. Tekken is best played with the d-pad, which by sheer coincidence is the 360's achilles' heel.

I'm assuming some kind of arcade stick will be available around its release.

The Experiment said:
I'm assuming some kind of arcade stick will be available around its release.

Or people could just use this:

dscf10884zn.jpg

But it wouldn't surprise me if another stick was released, like you said.

Philthy

neorej said:

There are 3rd party (wired)controllers available that have a proper D-pad.

Wireless would be nice, but those will come in time as MS opens up its proprietary format. Anyone seriously concerned about the 360s D-pad being sub-par would probably have no problem buying one of the controllers already available that have a decent D-pad.

like i said having tekken as an exclusive isnt gonna make the ps3 win the console war, the same goes for virtua fighter. so sony might go for a timed exclusive the same way they went with virtua fighter

cank stoochie said:
like i said having tekken as an exclusive isnt gonna make the ps3 win the console war, the same goes for virtua fighter. so sony might go for a timed exclusive the same way they went with virtua fighter

Which 3rd party exclusives will make the PS3 win the console war? Do you have a list to cross off?

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
The Experiment said:
These assumptions are hilarious.

Tekken is not the huge AAA franchise it once was but it still carries a lot of influence and popularity. If Tekken 6 comes out for PS3 and 360, I guarantee sales will be high, at least 1.5 million copies sold between the two.

It makes sense for Namco to put Tekken on the 360. The 360 has an amazingly high software to hardware sales ratio. Sure, RR6 was not a huge seller but RR7 isn't really doing that much better.

And to be fair:

Ridge Racer 6 on X360 had to compete with the much more hyped (and cheaper!) PGR3.

Then in rapid succession, Need For Speed games and Burnout Revenge hit the system...

Ridge Racer 6 got lost in all of this (unfortunately because it's still the best racer on the system IMO).

Tekken 6 would not get lost. It would be hyped to hell and back, sales on 360 would be great (especially if it had an online mode).

Zweisy1

can the namco defense force blame the crap graphics on multiplatform development? because i strongly prefer that explanation to "namco sucks now"

Well yeah.. Dunno why their next gen output is so unimpressive because oddly enough they've still made the nicest looking PSP games around.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Zweisy1 said:
Well yeah.. Dunno why their next gen output is so unimpressive because oddly enough they've still made the nicest looking PSP games around.

They are basically stuck in the PS2 era (hence the PSP results). Well, for now.

Hunahan

Banned
neorej said:

While I'd agree the 360 D-Pad is overall pretty terrible for games that require extreme precision such as Lumines and Pac-Man, the controller always worked more or less perfectly for me with Dead Or Alive 4 for some reason. I don't know if it was the genre or the developer that made it work, but until I've personally experienced something bad with a fighting a game, I wouldn't say that's the biggest cause for concern...

DrDogg

While I don't think Tekken is coming to 360, I'll stick with the PS3 version unless it amazingly has online play for 360.

The 360 d-pad is the biggest piece of shit I've ever played on. You know it's shit when I have to fight it just to play FFXI (menu navigation am cry!).

I'm a pad player for every fighter except DOA4 (no movement required so I can play on stick). 360 d-pad is shit, and even if I mod it to the Xbox Type-S d-pad it's still shit compared to the PS2 d-pad.

And the Hori Pad isn't really all that either.

Someone figure out a way to put the PS2 d-pad into a 360 controller. Or make it work via USB somehow.

If this is factual, then once again reasons to own a $600 PS3 are going out the window once again. I think Tekken 6 will stay with Sony, at least for a while, but if it comes to X360, Sony will probably end up losing MGS4 and FF13 as well IMO. Tekken 6 isn't even near completion. Hard to say if Namco should be panicking about the install base while the system has approximately a year to increase it's userbase worldwide before Tekken even comes out. I know multiplatform equals more money, but Sony NEEDS exclusives to justify a $500-$600 system imo. I really don't think their first party games are enough to carry the system. If the game tanks on the PS3 or doesn't make Namco much money, then go one with an X360 version for the obvious reasons. Right now, imo announcing an X360 version before the PS3 version even materializes would be detrimental PS3 since this is supposed to be one of their supposed killer apps for the system.

cedric69

Philthy said:
There are 3rd party (wired)controllers available that have a proper D-pad.

Wireless would be nice, but those will come in time as MS opens up its proprietary format. Anyone seriously concerned about the 360s D-pad being sub-par would probably have no problem buying one of the controllers already available that have a decent D-pad.
Could you please name brands and models? I'd definitely would like a decent D-pad (even if they should invert the position of left analogue and D-pad to really satisfy this specific need).

as nice arcade sticks may be, they take large amounts of storage space and finding propper furniture and seating in a living room to be comfortable is difficult with a console arcade stick

some people place them on their laps, but I find the elbows to be too near the torso when a stick is placed on a lap

I have a custom Sanwa Ps2 arcades stick, it`s beautifull, but I barely use because of comfort. It`s like I have to go out of my way and find a coffee table of the right height and blah

controllers FTW for home playing, so much more convenient.

yes sticks are nice, but it`s the comfort zone inside a home that is difficult to achieve and storage space.

what am i kinding at? I don`t remember, I`m rambling

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Xbox 360 is open for any fighters to try and claim the title for best fighter since there is only one game to compete with - Dead or Alive 4.

Microsoft should have Killer Instinct on the way
Sega has Virtua Fighter 5
Namco could have Tekken 6 on its way too.

The market on the Xbox 360 is open for fighters imo.

3rdman

C- Warrior said:
No, you see...

DOA is fast, fun, and stupid.
Virtua Fighter is fun like pounding a nail through your penis.
Tekken is that fat girl at the party that can really dance.

fixed :p

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
The Abominable Snowman said:
Tales 360? When?

When they brought the series to the 360, they changed the name to Eternal Sonata... :D :lol

I was bought a new controller for my 360 over the holidays and all I can say is, the D-Pad on my new xbox 360 controller is amazing and works significantly better than the one on my previous (launch) controller

Interpret that as you will.

Whatever it may be, Namco is clearly showing some 360 love. Be it Eternal Sonata or Ridge Racer, we're seeing some good stuff from them. Seeing SC4/Tekken 6 on the 360 would be......AWESOME.

ferrarimanf355 said:
Ohmygawd, do you have one of those? I must know how good it is. :D

Nah I dont have one but from what I read it works just fine. Im waiting on the official announcement for Tekken 360. If that happens then this is a defininte buy. Not to mention I can go back and maybe get some decent Street Fighter matches in.

Xamdou

It would be cool if Tekken 6 does land on the Xbox 360... but I am more eager to hear Soul Caliber 4 for the 360.

dirtmonkey37 said:
I was bought a new controller for my 360 over the holidays and all I can say is, the D-Pad on my new xbox 360 controller is amazing and works significantly better than the one on my previous (launch) controller
Interesting. Can you tell what the difference is? Does it relate to the plastic surround that people mod not to to touch the d-pad? Does it travel less to avoid the plastic?

Top Bottom