• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 for 360 winter 2007 with Live support?

As always....

Japan support for the 360 was.... inevitable.....
agent-smith-sunglasses.jpg

Shinobi

MidgarBlowedUp said:
Absolutely Incorrect.

MS is still over 4-5 billion dollars in the hole on the Xbox brand.

:lol In terms of cash on hand, MS owns Sony...that's just a fact. The fact that MS lost 5 billion on the XBox and still laughs in the face of almost every non-oil cartel on the planet pretty much tells you what's up. And like another poster said, MS is debt free.

Twix said:
if true ( which I highly doubt ) I can’t imagine Sony reaching this level of passivity,the Tekken series was always about Sony’s consoles.. more than 10 years of exclusivity, it’s hard to believe that Sony will give up easily, especially at the time when the press talk about " Sony losing more exclusives "..

if that really what’s gonna happen then Sony really do not care about games anymore.. hello Blu-ray we all love you :/

Again, that's just naive thinking. What makes you think Sony doesn't want to keep this game? Or aren't doing everything in their power to do so? The fact remains they've only got so much cash to spend...they can't just keep dropping money hats into the laps of third parties, cause eventually they'll run out of cash. Especially when they're battling MS who's got far more cash on hand.

Sony is doing shit the right way...invest in your own shit. If they can develop a few more high profile brands that even approaches the likes of Gran Turismo (which along with Madden and FIFA is arguably the most lucrative brand in the world when combining both earning power and mainstream recognition), they'll be doing just fine. It'll simply be a SNES/Genesis scenario with 360 and PS3 (Wii's in a slightly different category) where the first party games (for the most part) wound up deciding which console you'd go for. And what's wrong with that? Seems most people that were gaming during the 16 bit days loved every minute of it.

Rogosh said:
Um... we!? WTF, owning a console isn't like being on a sports team. :lol

You clearly haven't been on these gaming forums enough. :lol

Stinkles said:
About 20 people on this very forum knew the VF news for months.

I'm one of those twenty people...though ithad nothing to do with inside knowledge. It had everything to do with ****ing logic.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Shinobi said:
Sony is doing shit the right way...invest in your own shit. If they can develop a few more high profile brands that even approaches the likes of Gran Turismo (which along with Madden and FIFA is arguably the most lucrative brand in the world when combining both earning power and mainstream recognition), they'll be doing just fine. It'll simply be a SNES/Genesis scenario with 360 and PS3 (Wii's in a slightly different category) where the first party games (for the most part) wound up deciding which console you'd go for. And what's wrong with that? Seems most people that were gaming during the 16 bit days loved every minute of it.

Yup, best thing that can happen for gamers is for third parties to put everything on everything. PS3, X360, hell, PC...even scaled down for Wii.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
duk said:
aren't you supposed to be out partying? :D

Why the **** would he do that when he has access to Halo 3?

MidgarBlowedUp said:
Absolutely Incorrect.

MS is still over 4-5 billion dollars in the hole on the Xbox brand.

That 4.47 billion dollars Microsoft earned last quarter laughs in the face of this.

NinSoX

Banned
I don't understand why sony fanboys like neojubei have to come in here to tell everyone which copy HE will buy in a thread about Tekken 6 for Xbox360.. Looks like this news hurts him :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
can the namco defense force blame the crap graphics on multiplatform development? because i strongly prefer that explanation to "namco sucks now"

NinSoX

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
So did the whole banning for saying that a game is coming on another console before it is confirmed thing on hold for the holidays?

No but moderating a mod's job has always been bannable.

These threads just get tiresome to me in all honesty.
There will be a rumor from a good source that every single PS3 game that matters is going to the 360.
It is all this whole gen will be.
Right , wrong it will not matter because someone will always insist that it will happen and have a good source.
When it doesnt happen it will be because their source says its timed.
Or it will happen and then it will mean that Sony am doomed until the next game is announced.

OokieSpookie said:
These threads just get tiresome to me in all honesty.
There will be a rumor from a good source that every single PS3 game that matters is going to the 360.
It is all this whole gen will be.
Right , wrong it will not matter because someone will always insist that it will happen and have a good source.
When it doesnt happen it will be because their source says its timed.
Or it will happen and then it will mean that Sony am doomed until the next game is announced.

Dude you must understand that they need multiplatforming. Namco especially needs to make all their series multiplatform because they are struggling badly! For their sake I hope its multiplatform but I think Sony will hand them a moneyhat because the main Tekken games have always appeared on PSX but Soul Calibur, Ace Combat etc might go multiplatform. Sony should just concentrate on the first party stuff.

Doom_Bringer said:
Dude you must understand that they need multiplatforming. Namco especially needs to make all their series multiplatform because they are struggling badly! For their sake I hope its multiplatform but I think Sony will hand them a moneyhat because the main Tekken games have always appeared on PSX but Soul Calibur, Ace Combat etc might go multiplatform. Sony should just concentrate on the first party stuff.

I completely agree with you and honestly I fully expect most companies and most games to go multiplatform.
The cost of creating next gen game vs the return on most games is just not there.

The problem is perception, and while many understand just that and know that it is what is best for gaming the problem is that even many who KNOW that use it as a sign that the PS3 is failing and that any game for the 360 goes to the PS3 is no big deal.

Doom_Bringer said:

If Sony can even afford the moneyhat. It's not like they are in the best of shape either. At least right now, and the money would be better spent on MGS4 and making that exclusive.

EverSoTrendy said:
If Sony can even afford the moneyhat. It's not like they are in the best of shape either. At least right now, and the money would be better spent on MGS4 and making that exclusive.

Sony and Namco have a close relationship... that's why I think Tekken will remain on PS only

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Doom_Bringer said:
Sony and Namco have a close relationship... that's why I think Tekken will remain on PS only

Same thing for Ridge Racer. PS only...

Soul Calibur did GREAT when it was multiplatform. And I believe sales sucked ASS when it went back, right? Or am I baked?

Instigator said:
Good news, I guess, but the Tekken series is only a shadow of its former self.

Even though Tekken 5/DR is the best game in the series next to Tekken Tag?

Any I don't know what to think. Best to sleep on this and wait for confirmation so I can wake up to another 40 page thread.

Stinkles said:
Same thing for Ridge Racer. PS only...

Soul Calibur did GREAT when it was multiplatform. And I believe sales sucked ASS when it went back, right? Or am I baked?
No Ridge Racer really isn't a Playstation exclusive series.... I think it started on Sega? And they actually made one for N64 as well. Tekken, Ace Combat, Time Crisis, Klonoa are Namco's Playstation only series. Don't know aynthing about Soul Calibur but that series really took off when it came to DC.

Whatever though, Namco is ****ing finished in my opinion :lol Countless Tales spin offs, Ace Combat 5 and Zero sucked balls, they released the same damn Tekken game on two consoles (PS3 and PSP) not to mention their botched next gen projects like Frame City Killer, Love Football, the two Gundamn games and that 360 RPG. Quality output has declined 100% since Bandai took over. Warhawk FTW! Ace combat FTL :(

26.jpg

Shinobi

No Sega platform ever received a Ridge Racer game. The only non-Sony consoles it's shown up on is N64 (basically in name only) and the 360.

drohne said:
can the namco defense force blame the crap graphics on multiplatform development? because i strongly prefer that explanation to "namco sucks now"

Only if the Sega Defense Force (read: me) gets to use it first!

Doom_Bringer said:
Tekken has always been a Playstation series, I doubt this will happen...

FF was a Nintendo series. Hell, Metal Gear was a Microsoft series. :lol Shit changes...the only constant is the love of green. Besides, no one said Tekken is leaving Sony's house...MS isn't nearly that powerful (yet).

OokieSpookie said:
The problem is perception, and while many understand just that and know that it is what is best for gaming the problem is that even many who KNOW that use it as a sign that the PS3 is failing and that any game for the 360 goes to the PS3 is no big deal.

That's the price Sony pays for making their last two consoles out to be the home of "Tekken", "Ridge Racer", "Dragon's Quest", "Virtua Fighter" and "Grand Theft Auto", instead of focusing more on being the home of "Gran Turismo", "Ratchet and Clark", "Shadow of Colossus" and "Okami". They made that bed, and the shift in tide means they'll simply have to lie in it. Or, work ten times harder on their first party stuff. Which believe it or not, I think will be good enough for them. Oddly I seem to have more faith in this then some alleged Sony stalwarts...

duk

Banned
Namco is a company first and foremost, they are loyal to their stockholders first and other companies 2nd.

Agent Icebeezy

Shinobi hit the nail on the head. You want to be known for your own IPs rather than 3rd party IPs

Mojovonio

Banned
I think this gen is going to be a wild ride. Sony hasn't really ever had a really strong competitor that has enough money to buy them out.

Amir0x

Banned
Shinobi said:
No Sega platform ever received a Ridge Racer game. The only non-Sony consoles it's shown up on is N64 (basically in name only) and the 360.

And DS... *shudder*

Also, for the record...

Shinobi said:
instead of focusing more on being the home of "Gran Turismo", "Ratchet and Clark", "Shadow of Colossus" and "Okami".

...Okami is not a Sony first-party game :p

Agent Icebeezy

Mojovonio said:
I think this gen is going to be a wild ride. Sony hasn't really ever had a really strong competitor that has enough money to buy them out.

Buy them out? I think you mean make them bleed

Viddie said:
Very unlikely i think, surely Sony wouldn't be stupid enough to let this franchise go.

they may not have a choice. the ps3 is *millions* of units behind in market share right now, and when tekken comes out it'll still be that way.

as a 3rd party dev, namco has to decide whether it makes fiscal sense to stay exclusive to a platform with a fraction of the user base or make it cross platform and benefit twice as much.

sony would have to pay them a *ton* of money right now, like more than they have *ever* paid them to keep it exclusive. it was easy when it was on ps2 because the ps2 market share was (is) so high. but now, it's completely the opposite.

this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

if too many 3rd party exclusives go bye bye, sony could be in real trouble because i think microsoft's first party lineup in 2007 is better.

theMediator said:
Hey buddy, I am all for change. It is not like I favor a particular console. I am one of those starving gamers out there that has to have everything the day it comes out. I own all three and hope that most games come out universally for the good of the industry.

Well, pal, can you give one good reason that Tekken would stay exclusive forever? A reason that Namco would prefer to forego the extra income that taking it cross-platform would generate? An actual reason?

Agent Icebeezy

I don't know why RR7 tanked on PS3 but with the 360's fanbase, Microsoft w/ their first console, built up a pretty good racing stable for themselves. Rallisport, PGR, and Forza. All were excellent. I bought RR6 at launch and I love it. As far as fighters. I practically loathe Tekken, but if it's online, I'd give it a whirl. I presume that would work with the Hori stick. This is if Tekken to 360 is even true to begin with.

Shinobi

Amir0x said:
And DS... *shudder*

Couldn't have been worse then Sega Rally for GBA. :lol

Amir0x said:
Also, for the record...

...Okami is not a Sony first-party game :p

Self-owned...well anyway, I think the general point was recognized.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Well, pal, can you give one good reason that Tekken would stay exclusive forever? A reason that Namco would prefer to forego the extra income that taking it cross-platform would generate? An actual reason?

:lol Exact same question I asked about VF5 and GTA4 for two years...

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Soul Calibur is definitely on its way, but that's old hat. **** IGN. If they knew, they'd break the story or shut up about it. IGN didn't break VF on X360 btw, Sega did with a press release.

OokieSpookie said:
So did the whole banning for saying that a game is coming on another console before it is confirmed thing on hold for the holidays?

Yes. I got banned for...well, I'm not sure what, they didn't really get specific. But it was from a thread where the two things I said were in regard to either MGS4 on 360 or replying to somebody who said it meant nothing VF5 left a Sony platform because they didn't make exclusives, when like everything they make other than Sonic and PSO is exclusive.

Apparently that's offensive enough to make someone sit for 10 days, even though IGN articles are posted daily saying the exact same things. Beware, NeoGAF!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Whatever though, Namco is ****ing finished in my opinion :lol

This should be good.

Countless Tales spin offs,

Which leads to them being "****ing finished".. how?

Ace Combat 5 and Zero sucked balls

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/562459.asp?q=ace combat
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929935.asp?q=ace combat

So because you didn't like them, the company is finished?

they released the same damn Tekken game on two consoles (PS3 and PSP)

HOLY SHIT. A company releasing the same game on two consoles NEVER HAPPENS. EVER!

Are you insane?

Top Bottom