• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 - Jin, Devil Jin and Josie revealed.

Jin not having a shirtless default is making a sad. Looks okayish. The full arm gauntlets are laughable.

Josie looks pretty garish. It's cute though, so I'll let it pass.

Devil Jin looks sweet.

Talax

Jin not having a shirtless default is making a sad. Looks okayish. The full arm gauntlets are laughable.

Josie looks pretty garish. It's cute though, so I'll let it pass.

Devil Jin looks sweet.

They'll give everything in customisation. I don't think the costumes are anything to worry about.

Momentary

Banned
This is directly from a niconico stream.

I don't know if this is an alt or a custom.

CBCWmw5UwAAItKq.jpg

If that's a custom and not an Alt, then hell to the yes on the quality of customization. T6 and TTT2 customization just looked awkward.

Pachimari

They'll give everything in customisation. I don't think the costumes are anything to worry about.
The customizations suck though. Or in most cases people make crap designs.

If that's a custom and not an Alt, then hell to the yes on the quality of customization. T6 and TTT2 customization just looked awkward.
They're taking customs from Tag 2 and not the superior customs from Tekken 6.

sasuke_91

Just realized Jin's EWHF is a natural launcher now. Finally he's as good as the rest of his family :p
His EWHF always had pretty much the same properties as EWGF, except for the launching part. Glad they added that.
His hopkick also seems to launch on normal hit.

Momentary

Banned
The new characters since 6 have all looked generic anime and this Josie is no exception.

I felt Tekken looked like that since 94? I remember when I was 10 thinking how cool this 3D anime fighter was. Tekken has never escaped generic anime for me. But it doesn't bother me.

Talax

The customizations suck though. Or in most cases people make crap designs.

They're taking customs from Tag 2 and not the superior customs from Tekken 6.

No I meant like alternate costumes. In TTT2 you actually had alternate costumes for everyone, just had to unlock and equip them in customise menu instead of pressing alternate buttons for a different costume. For example the default options for Asuka didn't have her yukata dress, but iirc you could unlock it in ghost battle mode and equip it.

sasuke_91

No I meant like alternate costumes. In TTT2 you actually had alternate costumes for everyone, just had to unlock and equip them in customise menu instead of pressing alternate buttons for a different costume. For example the default options for Asuka didn't have her yukata dress, but iirc you could unlock it in ghost battle mode and equip it.

That was before the costumization mode we know today. Tekken 5 was the last game that had unlockable alts. Every character had his own costumization items as well, instead of all characters having pretty much the same like TTT2.

You gotta give it to Capcom/Dimps, they really know how to make supers look really awesome and stylish. The "supers" in this game look lame as fuck.

Oh, those same ones you see every single match that bring the fight to a crawl each time?

This has brevity with the quickness that I appreciate.

josie's fighting style, body build, outfit, finger-wag taunt and victory pose are all so diametrically opposed to each other. ugh.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, she ain't bad, but you can tell a complete character was stretched and exagerrated to reach bases, if you catch my drift.

jbttwin

Josie's fighting style and even not-eardrum shattering voice are actually really awesome, but of course her overall design and that awful win pose have to get in the way of it. I'll play with her, though. She looks fun, and it's great to finally have a new female character who's fighting style easily could've belonged to a male.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
*sigh*

My hype for Tekken 7 is slowly dying, just WHEN is my girl Nina Williams gonna be confirmed? Every update I get excited and then get let down. She's the poster woman of Tekken for crying out loud!!!!

Pachimari

*sigh*

My hype for Tekken 7 is slowly dying, just WHEN is my girl Nina Williams gonna be confirmed? Every update I get excited and then get let down. She's the poster woman of Tekken for crying out loud!!!!

Don't worry.
Nina Williams is definitely in.
It seems like, they are either redesigning her design, or fighting style.

LowParry

*sigh*

Naw. That's going right to Chloe for this version. Nina will be in. She's getting redone if I remember correctly. Gotta let the woman sleep a little longer.

*sigh*

Nina has to be in because from memory I think she's been in every Tekken since the first. I don't think Yoshimitsu's been shown either, but he's also been in every game.

Bloomers

Hyped to see that Jin's back with new moves. His outfit is kinda bleh though (arm gauntlets...)

It would do Tekken a lot of good to come up with a 'theme' for each game, and then just tweak most of the character designs to fit it. Right now we've got some characters that look like they're ready for a new medieval war and others that look like they haven't changed their clothes in 10 years.
Throw in new win poses, trim the fighter count, & add the option to make custom fight modes, and I'd be there from day 1 to forever.

I know this character is Mark's baby but I do not like the way she looks. Why does Namco only feel like doing respectful homages to culture for males and not females? Is it so important to have this in your face sex appeal for every female character? I know they want to sell figures for their bishoujo line but come on. Her CG art is creepy as hell too. Her waist is so skinny it looks painful and her boobs are ridiculously large. She has the physic of a Barby doll, ultra skinny everywhere, except for gigantic breasts.

Gameplay wise I don't know what to think as she looks pretty basic. Need to see more but she definitely doesn't look like a direct replacement for Bruce. She doesn't play like him at all.

Numb

What happened to the big red guy?
I thought he would also get a trailer since they got leaked at the same time.
Josie looks fun but i also need to see how he plays.

Sayah

The new characters since 6 have all looked generic anime and this Josie is no exception.

Not all of them.

bwhojlchpzwpje4wtv9k.jpg

He's the only one created with fan feedback and he's actually the only one that mostly EVERYONE loved. No mixed opinions. No overwhelming hate.

I am also annoyed with the trend to create young, "kawaii" anime girls as fighters.

Pachimari

I actually thought Harada would create more of the new characters with feedback from the fans, but so far, he have only followed that process with Shaheen.

Sayah

I actually thought Harada would create more of the new characters with feedback from the fans, but so far, he have only followed that process with Shaheen.

If only.

If they had feedback for Josie from their fanbase in Philippines, I can only imagine how much better the character could have turned out as far as design and personality go.

that Josie win pose has got to go.

edit: also, i haven't been keeping up with all of the game mechanics. what are those moves that look like focus attacks was the absorption properties?

Pachimari

If only.

If they had feedback for Josie from their fanbase in Philippines, I can only imagine how much better the character could have turned out as far as design and personality go.

It would have looked much different.
I don't know what the idea was when they designed her.

My girlfriend were shocked, as they never dress like that. The Filipinos are very conservative.

Kain

I am also annoyed with the trend to create young, "kawaii" anime girls as fighters.

Me too. Soul Calibur series seemed to be the first to introduce middle aged women with Ivy but their solution to her aging was increasing her boobs' size. Hell, in Tekken 3 Nina and Anna were supposed to be in their forties but oh, shenanigans, they haven't aged a day since 2! Look at Kazuya now, he is the coolest motherfucker ever now that he is close to his fifties, why are developers afraid of designing women in their forties without them having ginormous boobs and perfect porcelain faces?

Come on.

Pachimari

Me too. Soul Calibur series seemed to be the first to introduce middle aged women with Ivy but their solution to her aging was increasing her boobs' size. Hell, in Tekken 3 Nina and Anna were supposed to be in their forties but oh, shenanigans, they haven't aged a day since 2! Look at Kazuya now, he is the coolest motherfucker ever now that he is close to his fifties, why are developers afraid of designing women in their forties without them having ginormous boobs and perfect porcelain faces?

Come on.

I think it is in the Japanese culture not to design women as elderly, thus you'll never see a older or mature woman in Tekken.

Sayah

It would have looked much different.
I don't know what the idea was when they designed her.

My girlfriend were shocked, as they never dress like that. The Filipinos are very conservative.

Well, with her CG panel already done, her design is definitely not changing. Add in the fact that she was trending on Twitter worldwide, the devs already are assuming that most people love her the way she is.

that Josie win pose has got to go.

edit: also, i haven't been keeping up with all of the game mechanics. what are those moves that look like focus attacks was the absorption properties?

Power Crush moves. It's the same concept as focus attacks except they can't be interrupted unless your opponent uses a low. You take in the damage that the opponent is dishing out from mid/high attacks but you interrupt their attack.

Talax

Come on.

Nina and Anna were in cryogenic sleep between tekken 2 and 3. That's why their age (physically) is the same in both.

As for Kazuya he was resurrected from death so he was the same age as in tekken 2 when he died.
That was before the costumization mode we know today. Tekken 5 was the last game that had unlockable alts. Every character had his own costumization items as well, instead of all characters having pretty much the same like TTT2.
That's what I'm saying. It's actually in TTT2 as well. You have to unlock them. Everyone has at least one unique costume that other characters don't have.

Kain

Nina and Anna were in cryogenic sleep between tekken 2 and 3. That's why their age (physically) is the same in both.

As for Kazuya he was resurrected from death so he was the same age as in tekken 2 when he died.

I know, that's the point. They didn't want to age them so they put them into cryostasis.

Kazuya has aged, they resurrected him almost immediately after his death, he is 48 or 49 years old.

Look at Lee or Bruce, both in their late forties and they are glorious bastards. Even Baek. But the ladies? Michelle? Nope, let's create a sort of daughter. Nina and Anna? Nein. Kunimitsu? Who? Jun? Hah.

And now Kazumi, mother of Kazuya, is a beautiful young woman with a pet tiger and whoknows powers. Yeah right.

I think this is the only elder woman we have ever seen in a fighting game and she is a caricature:

pi-s2.png

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
*sigh*

Not anymore

tumblr_ngfnffuf221r4d8lyo10_500.jpg

Me too. Soul Calibur series seemed to be the first to introduce middle aged women with Ivy but their solution to her aging was increasing her boobs' size.

They also made her officially stop aging in Soul Calibur V due to magic. Magic is pretty much the start and end of the explanation.

I think it is in the Japanese culture not to design women as elderly, thus you'll never see a older or mature woman in Tekken.

There's only so many times we can pin these decisions on "Japanese culture" as a whole.

Top Bottom