• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 - Jin, Devil Jin and Josie revealed.

Sayah

*sigh*

My hype for Tekken 7 is slowly dying, just WHEN is my girl Nina Williams gonna be confirmed? Every update I get excited and then get let down. She's the poster woman of Tekken for crying out loud!!!!

Not anymore

tumblr_ngfnffuf221r4d8lyo10_500.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOL

I know, that's the point. They didn't want to age them so they put them into cryostasis.

Kazuya has aged, they resurrected him almost immediately after his death, he is 48 or 49 years old.

Look at Lee or Bruce, both in their late forties and they are glorious bastards. Even Baek. But the ladies? Michelle? Nope, let's create a sort of daughter. Nina and Anna? Nein. Kunimitsu? Who? Jun? Hah.

And now Kazumi, mother of Kazuya, is a beautiful young woman with a pet tiger and whoknows powers. Yeah right.

I think this is the only elder woman we have ever seen in a fighting game and she is a caricature:

pi-s2.png

Bloody Roar had a middle-aged woman in the roster. She never appeared in any of the sequels tho, smh

It's weird, all through Tekken I always had respect for Nina, thought/think Anna was/is hot but hate playing against or as her.

I guess that confirms Anna + Nina is a single character in T7 now. Oh and they are now super kawaii.

Numb

Tekken has had sub-bosses before. Mostly playable, but there was Nancy in Tekken 6.
That makes sense. I don't understand why he did not get a trailer while everyone else who got leaked received one. Making it seem like there is something going on with him.

That makes sense. I don't understand why he did not get a trailer while everyone else who got leaked received one. Making it seem like there is something going on with him.

I like the theory that he's the one standing at the doorway in the first Tekken 7 trailer. Not Heihachi.

YIILf4K.jpg

IvorB

I thought I was de-sensitised to these Tekken character reveals after Lucky Chloe, but Namco have done it again! They replaced Bruce for that?

Sayah

!!! Them's fightin' words

Nina >>> Anna (& Chloe)

iEv8aD7pjDb0v.gif

Yeah, Nina is badass like a character attending the KING OF IRON FIRST TOURNAMENT should be. Only the strongest of the strongest fighters should be there. No place for moe young kawaii anime pop idols with the mannerisms of a tween. Kappa.

Village

I know, that's the point. They didn't want to age them so they put them into cryostasis.

Kazuya has aged, they resurrected him almost immediately after his death, he is 48 or 49 years old.

Look at Lee or Bruce, both in their late forties and they are glorious bastards. Even Baek. But the ladies? Michelle? Nope, let's create a sort of daughter. Nina and Anna? Nein. Kunimitsu? Who? Jun? Hah.

And now Kazumi, mother of Kazuya, is a beautiful young woman with a pet tiger and whoknows powers. Yeah right.

I think this is the only elder woman we have ever seen in a fighting game and she is a caricature:

pi-s2.png

I agree with wha you are saying, but kazuya doesn't even look that old. ESPECIALLY in the cgi trailers for 6-7. Heck is tekken 6 ending he looks super young. This isn't to take away from your point, i just wanted to point out kazuya doesn't even look that old. But there is a explaining for that.

There isn't an explanation for, oh nina and anna got crio'd for whatever reason.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
People thought Devil Jin was out of the game until recently too, I wouldn't worry about Bruce just yet.

Jin and DJ have the advent of being a main character though, and much more popular than Bruce. Bruce's popularity is probably around one tier above the old folks and animals.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

That's just in my experience. I hardly see him get love by the community. I don't often see him being played. He never gets attention in the games. His fighting style is good, but he's so often sidelined.

The only thing is that I don't see him getting actively disliked, like the animals. And I don't see the fans saying "oh he's dead for sure this time" like Wang and co.

Sayah

That's just in my experience. I hardly see him get love by the community. I don't often see him being played. He never gets attention in the games. His fighting style is good, but he's so often sidelined.

You misunderstand. I was laughing because of the description of how you tiered him. Not because it's an inaccurate placement.

NEO0MJ

Bloody Roar had a middle-aged woman in the roster. She never appeared in any of the sequels tho, smh

A middle aged woman with the physique of a giant body builder. A female character with one of those two traits is rare but with both it's like seeing a Unicorn.

RM8

I mostly like Josie despite the totally WTF winning sequence. And because I hope customization will be a thing on consoles :p

Toxi

Banned
I think it is in the Japanese culture not to design women as elderly, thus you'll never see a older or mature woman in Tekken.
Bandai Namco just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but girls below 30 are a huge part of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by drawing a granny. If you design an old woman in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to play Tekken 7 at arcades, nor will they purchase any of Bandai Namco's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Bandai Namco has alienated an entire market with this move.

Bandai Namco, publicly apologize and get rid of the old ladies in Tekken or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Sayah

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but girls below 30 are a huge part of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by drawing a granny. If you design an old woman in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to play Tekken 7 at arcades, nor will they purchase any of Bandai Namco's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Bandai Namco has alienated an entire market with this move.

Bandai Namco, publicly apologize and get rid of the old ladies in Tekken or you can kiss your business goodbye.

lmao

this thread has been all sorts of fun

Josie lookin' like she raided a Party City clearance rack 20 minutes before a match

1120-3262.jpg

hahahahaha

I remember that. It might not be the entire reason but it certainly had an effect.
Googling arabic words and using them without knowing the meaning is stupid. For any language infact.
but they obviously didn't mean to be offensive with it. moreover, there wasn't anything offensive about it.
No.

It's because there's a large Arab fanbase.
I should've said contributing factor, I didn't mean that it could explain the sole reason why.

Talax

LOL this quote is never gonna die on this forum. XD

pi-s2.png
Oh ok I see what you mean. Yeah in hindsight it's all excuses to make them look younger because they don't want to draw them old. Weird I guess. I don't think anyone would mind a old women or two in the game.

Top Bottom