• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

NEO0MJ

That sucks. I'd offer to buy it for you from GMG (provided you send me payment first :p) but I'm now not certain if the key will work for those outside my region.

The problem is that it doesn't come with certain characters and certain modes so quantity-wise people look at that and say "it's not as full as previous game" when really you can't put a quantity on the amount of quality certain modes have. You can't count the modes and compare them when some modes were barebones and you had to make due. Either way they've been working. Eventually there comes a trade off. In order to get those modes and characters we'd have to either take a hit in other areas. Team Battle? Ok you get damage in another area which people would complain about.

Sure, but as you know quality is subjective. I think Treasure Mode is overhyped; it's basically ghost battles with some custom rules, and the reward is customization unlocks. Wow. Tournament mode, while cool, most people buying the game will never use it. Story Mode, people will play it once and never touch it again...I don't think investing heavily in one and done modes is the right call, they aren't a good value proposition for a FG. New characters, okay, that's cool, but at the expense of classic characters many people care about, which is not cool. So while I can see where their time and efforts went, my subjective viewpoint on the quality of the content for $60 is not great.

I guess we'll just have to see how the reviewers see it, and what the general consensus is when the rest of us get it.

The thing I don't understand on these dropped modes is, the code is already written. How much effort could it have really taken to keep them in the game?

Menome

This is Tekken. You can play defensive and poke with any character.

Kazumi, Feng or Alisa are good for that playstyle so maybe look into them.

Yeah, Katarina is quick, has an advancing stance type thing kind of like Kunimitsu's f+3 (Setsuna? I forget what it's called) and has a bunch of quick pokey moves. So that's a good pick. Easy-ish to learn too, so that's a bonus.

Other options you might explore are Alisa, Josie or Kazumi. Maybe even Lucky Chloe.

I'll check them all out once the game hits, thanks!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Lei Wulong comfirmed not in game. my boycott of this game continues
Are we 100% sure Lei Wulong and other won't show up in a update or DLC?
I've mained Lei since Tekken 2, game simply won't be the same without him.

cordy

Banned
It's likely given Harada's statements about not charging for classic characters and Bamco supporting this game beyond the 2 months they supported TTT2. I'm sure they'll be FreeLC with some other classics while the Season Pass will be used for guest characters.

It pains me to keep hearing that announcer constantly pronouncing it "Asooka". If you consider yourself a video game commentator, shouldn't you take proper name pronunciation seriously?

As mispronounciations go, that one isn't too offensive. I've heard worse in certain official English dubs.

Jaeger

We aren't which is why I'm not gonna complain until we have concrete evidence these guys aren't gonna show up. Anything is game.

We aren't which is why I'm not gonna complain until we have concrete evidence these guys aren't gonna show up. Anything is game.

The thing is, we don't know if the Free-DLC classic characters will even have a story, or a CG ending, or their own customizations, etc. They could literally just be a P1/P2 player model and that's it. So even if Lei and the gang show up later, it could be something really half-assed and unbefitting of these characters.

Harada's trying to be coy and mysterious about who shows up, but it's only causing negativity for no reason. They need to just lay out now who is coming back with the free DLC and what that will entail.

Jaeger

The thing is, we don't know if the Free-DLC classic characters will even have a story, or a CG ending, or their own customizations, etc. They could literally just be a P1/P2 player model and that's it. So even if Lei and the gang show up later, it could be something really half-assed and unbefitting of these characters.

Harada's trying to be coy and mysterious about who shows up, but it's only causing negativity for no reason. They need to just lay out now who is coming back with the free DLC and what that will entail.

None of these worries and concerns have crossed mind.

fernoca

Wasn't aware of free DLC characters.

In any case, finally preordered the Deluxe Edition on PS4. As always and despite not caring about it, the theme sucks and I wonder why Sony keeps giving those crappy themes as preorder incentive...but at least everything's set to preload in May 31st. 42GB is around 7 hours. XD

Can't wait to try the VR stuff.

In any case, finally preordered the Deluxe Edition on PS4. As always and despita not caring about it, the theme sucks and I wonder why Sony keeps giving those crappy themes as preorder incentive...but at least everything's set to preload in May 31st. 42GB is around 7 hours. XD

It's a trick, the theme allow them to charge immediatly when you preorder a game, at least in EU if I remember correctly.

Hyun Sai

I mained Baek, Michelle, Julia, Wang...

zg1qR_s-200x150.gif

In any case, finally preordered the Deluxe Edition on PS4. As always and despita not caring about it, the theme sucks and I wonder why Sony keeps giving those crappy themes as preorder incentive...but at least everything's set to preload in May 31st. 42GB is around 7 hours. XD

Preordered today, but 42 gb...yeesh.

cordy

Banned
I get hyped whenever I see a dope King. I'm gonna equip mine with that NJPW shit and be on with it.

oYzYR3o.gif

Okada King arrives Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

Two Words

I'm watching this stream and already planning which tracks I'm going to replace this bad music with.

The last match in that destroyed city on a rooftop is gonna need its track replaced for me. I think I'm gonna go with Tekken 6 Urban Warzone for it.

cordy

Banned
I gotta disagree with that, I'm personally going to keep that track as it's by one of the composers from T1/T2. It's honestly one of the only tracks on this soundtrack that I really vibe with.

I think I'm going to switch out a lot. I'm going to go through the stage list and write it all down and just get it down asap when I cop the game Friday lol.

Two Words

I gotta disagree with that, I'm personally going to keep that track as it's by one of the composers from T1/T2. It's honestly one of the only tracks on this soundtrack that I really vibe with.

I think I'm going to switch out a lot. I'm going to go through the stage list and write it all down and just get it down asap when I cop the game Friday lol.

The music doesn't fit the stage at all.

So since T7 is sub HD on regular PS4, is it at least safe to assume it'll be as vibrant as TT2 on PS3 but with less/zero jaggies? I'm playing now and I'm realizing I can deal with the res if the jaggies are nixed.

Yudoken

So since T7 is sub HD on regular PS4, is is at least safe to assume it'll be as vibrant as TT2 on PS3 but with less/zero jaggies? I'm playing now and I'm realizing I can deal with the res if the jaggies are nixed.

900p (if it's not dynamic and if there's no aa solution) is not comparible with the dynamic solution solution of Tag 2 which reduced resolution to 1024x720 and even lower.

What are the chances that Armor King or Roger (Jr.) makes the games as DLC? They didn't have to take my characters like that...

There's no indication that they're going to add more characters other than the two dlc ones.

And those will be from different franchises.

So like almost any other question similar to that we don't know and there's no indication that there are going to be more legacy characters.

weepy

What are the chances that Armor King or Roger (Jr.) makes the games as DLC? They didn't have to take my characters like that...

900p (if it's not dynamic and if there's no aa solution) is not comparible with the dynamic solution solution of Tag 2 which reduced resolution to 1024x720 and even lower.
Then what should I expect, visually? Blurry? Crisp, but not quite? I was just in one on one in the fishing boat and jungle stages and was quite impressed so if 7 can be on par with fewer jaggies, I'd be more than fine.

Unless you're saying it would be worse (but with less jaggies).

Top Bottom