• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TellTale Damages the Jeep of Something Awful's Boomerjinks

mclem said:
To be fair, the storyline *was* terrible. Fortunately the *game* made up for it!
Well yeah, I totally agree, that's what made me think that particularly boycott was stupid. By refusing to buy it you punish everyone who worked on it that made a fun game just because a homophobe happened to throw together a basic premise for it.

I'm not sure how many people who were going to buy Jurassic Park are going to refrain due to this story (not many I'm guessing, a huge majority of the people mentioned a boycott likely had never even heard of them before this blew up) but if anyone does it's just so ridiculous. People worked to make a fun game they thought other people would enjoy, and people are saying they won't support it because a couple people who in all likelihood had little to do with actually constructing the game fucked up this car transport thing.

Obviously that's nowhere near as horrible as the rape threat, but still, the reactions to this thing in general have been pretty dumb. The especially vocal ones, anyway.

A Link to the Snitch said:
This shit is so complex. I'm just gonna fuck off and assume nothing about anyone, continue to buy TellTale games, and pretend that this never happened.

That seems to be the best course of action. Lesson learned.

Draft said:
All this over a stupid toy.

Who has a Jurassic Park jeep, anyway?

Regardless of whatever happened between Boomer and Telltale. This is the kind of shit that annoys me.

It's not a toy, and even if it was, that's still someone's property. It's not for you to decide whether he should care or not if someone fucks with it.

markot

Banned
I accept apologies in the form of Paypal just in case anyone is man enough to admit I was right!

You guys still have faith in humans, its cute, but you'll learn!

graywolf323

A Link to the Snitch said:
This shit is so complex. I'm just gonna fuck off and assume nothing about anyone, continue to buy TellTale games, and pretend that this never happened.

I'm skipping the Jurassic Park game because it looks like (and from the few reviews out so far is) crap

I own everything else Telltale

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
graywolf323 said:
I'm skipping the Jurassic Park game because it looks like (and from the few reviews out so far is) crap

Everything?

You own CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder? You own Telltale Texas Hold 'Em?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
markot said:
I accept apologies in the form of Paypal just in case anyone is man enough to admit I was right!

You guys still have faith in humans, its cute, but you'll learn!

I don't understand what you're getting at. There are inconsistencies in both stories, but we're no where near the full truth for you to be gloating like this. It's especially sad because you ducked out of this thread after high-resolution shots were posted, clearly showing no damage in those specific areas.

For you to be right, you have to put your faith in a human just as much as anyone arguing against you.

graywolf323 said:

I'm not going to skip it, just wait for a Steam daily deal or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Massa said:
He doesn't but his wife does.

A Telltale salesman discussed the games with her, but before the transaction could begin, he was kicked out by graywolf, who then promptly scolded the woman for her transgression.

Top Bottom