• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

finished downloading and installing patch, but then had to run to class :<

can't wait to try the new thralls :D

Stefan, your guild doesn't run regular knxx?

NeOak

New IoD experience:

imHd4CA9RnvRh.jpg

Styles

The news thralls not only look cool but Thrall of Lightning(aka Vengeance) and Thrall of Wrath are rather capable damage dealers. The latter crits for almost~300k and dishes them out pretty frequently too. They even took aggro away from the tank this one time in CoF.

Kammie

New IoD experience:
I read they just got rid of everything in the southwest corner of the map, including monsters. What happens to the Elleon quest now??? No prologue, no mention of it in Island of Dawn... hell, just get rid of all the NPC dialogue while we're at it, since that's all they pretty much talk about the first twenty hours of the game.

Everything I've read so far points to this all being a huge clusterfuck. lol. Can't wait to see how I can three-shot a level 60 BAM whenever my update finishes (probably by tomorrow... going so slow).

What's the deal with enchanting now? I haven't seen anything about it on the forums. Easier or harder?

love the new thralls and corsair :D so fun

the remapping of buttons really messed me up though. I had cleanse button mapped to Tab, and went to mchm and queen went GREAT ONES and oshit. took her down on the next go, though :D

they also fixed second boss. it's not immune when the adds are being summoned. threw my group off a little.

BAMs are now so weak :( I prodded them and they died so quickly. I was sad. I want the real BAMs back. Why were they nerfed? Any ideas for the reasoning? It's one of my favourite things in TERA, to solo difficult BAMs...

Izayoi

Banned
What's the deal with enchanting now? I haven't seen anything about it on the forums. Easier or harder?
Korean rates were lower, and that's what they adopted.

Hope you had plenty of Extensive Alk saved up, because now it's going to be priced even more ridiculously.

NeOak

Hope you had plenty of Extensive Alk saved up, because now it's going to be priced even more ridiculously.

That is why i rushed to get +12 on the 3 Mayhem pieces i'm using.

Edit: we also need a new title for this thread. And for a mod to change it too.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I find that Extensive Alk sells for only about 5 gold apiece more than Masterwork Alk.

So I've been farming up Masterwork Alk, putting it up for sale, then buying Extensive Alk with the money.

Hope the prices haven't jumped too much since the last time I did this. I only play a few hours a week so I effectively only save up enough for one enchant attempt every few days.

I got super lucky with my masterworking (three or so pieces MWed in around... 20-30 scrolls in total), but my enchanting luck is garbage, so now I have 3 pieces of gear masterworked but everything at around +9 except for weapon because masterwork enchants suck.

Kammie

It's actually quadruple drop for us. EME dun goofed. The amount of loot you get is pretty crazy. An 8 minute KN Trio for 15 MES? lol

I've been farming LoT minibosses for alk. 6 minutes to beat all three, and I take anywhere from 9-19 MW alk. It's nuts.

NeOak

It's actually quadruple drop for us. EME dun goofed. The amount of loot you get is pretty crazy. An 8 minute KN Trio for 15 MES? lol

I've been farming LoT minibosses for alk. 6 minutes to beat all three, and I take anywhere from 9-19 MW alk. It's nuts.

Holy shit.

Kammie

Well, triple drop should be over by now. I farmed quite a bit. I'm not clearing MCHM yet, so I didn't concentrate on farming any quills. Everything here was just acquired through regular 58-60 dungeons. I did a lot of KN duo, which gave 15 MES while the other party member had rookie, and 12 when it had been used up. 6 minutes for 12 MES (once we got it down) is something I can't complain about. I'm coming away with:

232 Practicum Badges
206 Dire Badges
551 Refined Alk
694 MW Alk
157 MES
81193 gold

Also bought a couple VM designs to prepare for the next steps, as all my PvE/PvP gear is now +12. In all, the event was shit due to the lag, and though it was great for me, I feel sorry for anyone who was depending on this to farm quills. EME dropped the ball.

hyelife

Triple drop weekend ruined the market. I'm selling items that usually fly off the market in a day but now I'm stuck waiting for days with 1 or 2 purchases a day.

Everything dies. What makes me so sad about Tera wad that it had more amazing potential than any other MMO I've played in years. To see that potential go wasted like it did is the saddest thing of all.

You should check out FFXIV though NeOak. Most of us have migrated there at the moment.

Kammie

Here's a picture from the freak show that was Velika the other day...

The direction this game is heading in... if it lasts another year, I don't even want to think about what it'll be like then.

Kammie

Yeah... I think I'm out. lol
The solution is to play drunk. Even BG is enjoyable that way! Don't leave yet. :( Besides, it was just a temporary event.

I'm stuck here not enjoying DD weekend cause EME fucked up my TERA install when they put out a broken patch. Got stuck with support for like 2 hours to no result, and the stupid download speeds from their servers are super throttled. Have about 13 hours left on download... and I bet that after that, it'll download the Corsair patch since it won't be included in this main download. So at least another 24 hours. Thanks EME.

cilonen

It's been a blast, folks. Thanks NeOak. If only EME were more competent...

I think a break may be in order from MMO's for me. If Everquest Next blows me away at it's reveal in a week or two I may get on board the hype train for that, and possibly B&S.

Sadly I think we have sod all chance of seeing PSO2 in the west.

Sega literally hates money too much to release PSO2 in the West. Any other MMO company ever would have been falling over themselves to get it translated and released in other countries. Except NCSoft, but fuck NCSoft.

hyelife

Tera could have been so much better if they stopped releasing bullshit content trying to appease I don't know who.
I don't need no food weapons or some ridicules mount that gives nothing new to the game.

I honestly don't know who comes up with the crap that's being constantly released. Feels like their trying to please a bunch of elementary kids.

I enjoyed the game when it first released with its action combat system and slowly noticed how repetitive the game is.

Top Bottom