• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thank you and DMPrince for answering.

So is there anyplace to see the chain benefits for a skill in-game? I didn't notice that.

The skills will say it on them *check each level some skills actually change up a bit as time goes on* Or check out the glyph vendors when you hit level 20.

Wow this thread is moving pretty quick.

But yeah Tera is the only game to get me back to the mmo genre. Swtor was ass (imo), and Wow turned into a snoozefest.

The only big gripes I have is the bugged chat (that will be fixed hopefully), and the whole higher level lower drop rate rumor.

I'm in the same boat. Pre-ordered quite a while ago from their website and no buddy codes so far. Maybe it's limited to certain editions?
I'll post some here if they do come eventually.

mileS

If I pre-order tomorrow do I still get in to the early access? I was going to a couple weeks ago but I forgot.

If I pre-order tomorrow do I still get in to the early access? I was going to a couple weeks ago but I forgot.

As long as you have an active pre-order account before head start begins, you should be fine. if there are any problems just send off a ticket to En Masse support and they will get you in.

They did this for many people that had issues getting their codes from retailers during the first closed beta.

danno1769

Neo Member
I was thinking about picking htis up but havent tested it out or seen a lot about it.

I played swtor.. got bored with lack of endgame and unfortunately fell back to WoW

Does this game have lasting apeal and good endgame?

Finished building my new pc, can't wait for Saturday. Throughout the beta the thing I've needed more than anything was access to alts.

Not saying I'm important, but I'm someone who will not pay to play their game because of the outdated way to pay for it.

Sell me hours to be used when I have time for it that do not expire if I decide to skip playing a day or two.

Then you should move to Korea.

Visceir

This may be a stupid question... but what is the purpose of Chaining skills?

I only got to level 6 in the open beta, but a chained skill didn't seem to do any more damage than just using it normally.

Slayers have quite a few skills that cast faster when chained. There is a lvl 16 skill they get that can be chained right after pretty much any other skill you use and there is a glyph for it that gives you a chance to reset the cooldown on that skill half the time. By chaining I can just use skill after skill after skill...it'll probably show its use once you get more skills to play around with.

Archers are pretty much the same, one skill shortens the casting time of another and so on and so on.

Slayers also have a few glyphs that increase the damage of the next skill by 25% when chained. For example there is a glyph that will give you 25% more damage on fury strike when you use it after doing an evasive roll.

http://www.teraguru.ru/glyphcalc.html#sl - link to a glyph calculator if anyone is interested.

Hixx

Ever since I hit 55% the downloader has been slow as shit and hitting constant errors and I even turned p2p off :/

Ryuuga

Banned
Should I take the day off tomorrow? But I had enough of this week and want to just relax before Saturday from this point forward. What say you GAF? First sick day in many years.

Should I take the day off tomorrow? But I had enough of this week and want to just relax before Saturday from this point forward. What say you GAF? First sick day in many years.

Work won't miss you> if they do they'll just replace you with some other person!

Visceir

I imagine that would just make the wait seem longer. If anything you should make monday the sick day.

Desaan

I got my buddy keys at midnight last night (GMT) and one left if anyone wants it.

PLEASE, quote this reply when you have taken they key.

CWLDPN96E34TYKELLMEC4PMK3

Ryuuga

Banned
I imagine that would just make the wait seem longer. If anything you should make monday the sick day.

You make a fantastic point. I was actually reconsidering tomorrow but I'd benefit from having Monday off much more. Thanks for the reply guys. Now back to mulling over the wait.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Anyone have a extra buddy key that I can have? I want to try TERA, but not sure if I should drop $50 to it.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I read this on the Penny Arcade Tera Thread. I would link the original thread from the SA forum but I have no idea what SA even means :<

from the Penny Arcade Tera Thread first post said:
*GRAPHICAL TWEAKS TO SQUEEZE A LITTLE MORE PERFORMANCE OUT OF THE GAME*
List of tweaks from Sinewave of the SA forums.

Sinewave wrote:
Made a Config Tweak Cheat Sheet for launch: http://pastebin.com/aZUCF9hh
FieldofView Bind:
Navigate to "TERA\Client\S1Game\Config"
open up the file "S1Input.ini"
underneath the line "bEnableMouseSmoothing=true"
Bindings=(Name="x",Command="fov 90")
(make sure there is no ; at the start of the line like there are with the lines underneath it) Disable Mouse Smoothing:
Navigate to "TERA\Client\S1Game\Config"
open up the file "S1Input.ini"
Change "bEnableMouseSmoothing=true" to false Disable In-Game Fake AA/Blur (FXAA):
Launch Tera. Go to Settings: Video: "Lighting Enhancement"
Change 2 to 1 Add Antialiasing with SMAA Injector:
Do above FXAA fix!
DISABLE NVIDIA/ATI AA! (it doesn't work anyways)
Download: http://depositfiles.com/files/pfhfna1hp
Extract contents of dx9 folder into:
\TERA\Client\Binaries\
Toggle with Pause/Break to see Jaggies Appear/Vanish like Magic! (default is ON) S1Engine.ini Tweaks:
Change "DepthOfField=True" to False (Less Blur in distance and on trees)
Change "bSmoothFrameRate=True" to False (Disables stupid FPS cap)
Change "MaxAnisotropy=" to 16 (Better texture filtering)
Under [SystemSettings] add "bAllowLightShafts=True"
GAME OVERWRITES S1Engine.ini each patch so CHECK THESE Nvidia Character Texture Tweak:
Download/Open Nvidia Inspector
Click on Wrench (duh!)
Open Tera Profile
Scroll down to Dynamic Tiling
Set Flag to: PS_DYNAMIC_TILING_ON
Save Profile

The breakdown of what this does is:

No laggy mouse.
Wider view.
Sharper visuals.
No jaggies.
Smoother character textures.
No blurry things.
Uncapped FPS.

Ryuuga

Banned
I read this on the Penny Arcade Tera Thread. I would link the original thread from the SA forum but I have no idea what SA even means :<

I....I shall use. Thank you friend. I can't wait to see the results. So far I've just been forcing MSAA 8X and disabled the light enrichment to have sharper visuals. I never liked how blurry the overall image got in order to smooth over the jaggies.

rockx4

Are Mystics really better? Starting to feel like I've rolled the wrong healing class again. I remember FFXI my WHM became crappy after a while and I ended up healing as RDM or SMN main. On WoW I ended up on my Paladin and Druid more than my Priest.

Izayoi

Banned
Are Mystics really better? Starting to feel like I've rolled the wrong healing class again. I remember FFXI my WHM became crappy after a while and I ended up healing as RDM or SMN main. On WoW I ended up on my Paladin and Druid more than my Priest.
The Mystic's buffs far outweigh the healing benefits of a Priest in competent parties.

Top Bottom