• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

lolwut. the lion mount alone is worth it. much better than that brown shit and the white horse (official site) but Best buy horse is cool because of the color variations.

Lion mount is also pretty fast. I think it has a speed of 270 and the fastest mount obtainable in the game is rated at 280 (Panther and the Horse with flaming hooves, I think). The default brown horse mount is like 230 or 240?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lion mount is also pretty fast. I think it has a speed of 270 and the fastest mount obtainable in the game is rated at 280 (Panther and the Horse with flaming hooves, I think). The default brown horse mount is like 230 or 240?

So are you saying the mount is actually worth the moneys? I didn't know it was that much faster, and I thought I noticed upgrading mount speed was quite expensive...Also, I'm guessing the gear included is pretty shitty?

So are you saying the mount is actually worth the moneys? Also, I'm guessing the gear included is pretty shitty?

These items seem pretty godly for DPS (mainly the attack speed bonus) and can be redeemed on any character you create:

Velik's Bloodstone Necklace
Level 15
Attack +21
Damage +8
Max MP +70
Attack Speed +4%

Shakan's Bloodstone Necklace
Level 40
Attack +91
Damage +59
Max MP +143
Attack Speed +6%

So are you saying the mount is actually worth the moneys? I didn't know it was that much faster, and I thought I noticed upgrading mount speed was quite expensive...Also, I'm guessing the gear included is pretty shitty?

It's better than a lot of the stuff you'd find for the level but you'll eventually replace it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bah, hate you all.

Digital CE + 3 months recurring.

Will be worth it because TERA <3.

No really, I can't get myself to play anything else right now. I actually went to bed early last night because I had nothing to do and didn't want to boot up anything else, haha. My fiance was happy at least! ;)

Bah, hate you all.

Digital CE + 3 months recurring.

Will be worth it because TERA <3.

No really, I can't get myself to play anything else right now. I actually went to bed early last night because I had nothing to do and didn't want to boot up anything else, haha. My fiance was happy at least! ;)

I booted up Steam for the first time in a while yesterday and weeped at my massive backlog and all the games I had to add to my wishlist. I haven't even bothered picking up any other handheld or console games because I know I will not be playing them anytime soon.

LordAlu

Yep. I thought the servers will be up later in the evening, to be honest.
Whoa, it's up? Gonna log in and see...

Edit: Confimed. EU servers are up :)

TERA_ScreenShot_20120427_145830.jpg

Scum

I thought everyone will be logged on by now, but in case you boys & girls didn't know - EU servers are up. Well, they were for me, anyway. :)

ChuckNyce

Sorry but I'm a little confused. I got a code from androidcandy (thanks again for that), and I'm downloading the 25GB client now, but will I actually be able to play now (free trial?), or does it get me access to a trial period once the head start begins on Saturday?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I booted up Steam for the first time in a while yesterday and weeped at my massive backlog and all the games I had to add to my wishlist. I haven't even bothered picking up any other handheld or console games because I know I will not be playing them anytime soon.

Yup, I actually did that recently, too. :3 Skyrim uninstall was my big one, ha.

Sorry but I'm a little confused. I got a code from androidcandy (thanks again for that), and I'm downloading the 25GB client now, but will I actually be able to play now (free trial?), or does it get me access to a trial period once the head start begins on Saturday?

Access to the head start that begins on Saturday. You can play Saturday - Monday without paying for anything. After head start, you will need to pre-order the game to continue playing. When you pre-order, you get 30 days of free game time before any subscriptions are charged.

Slacker

Access to the head start that begins on Saturday. You can play Saturday - Monday without paying for anything. After head start, you will need to pre-order the game to continue playing. When you pre-order, you get 30 days of free game time before any subscriptions are charged.

And you'll keep your character from the headstart if you end up buying the game.

ChuckNyce

Ah ok, awesome thanks!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Codes for the early start? All preorders got 3. And you could still get it if you preorder.

I mean code that gaffer giving away in their post, I manage to find the post early, but can't register for an account. I don't want to pay $50 to test a MMO after what happened with Age of Conan, that game was hyped and super good in first 20 level.

Jackl

Debating with myself if I want to reroll.

I'd love to try a new class, but I don't want to hit the tutorial/newb area. I want to hit the more advanced stuff I've been looking into since OB went down.

My archer just seems dull is all. Charge times are nasty.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So, my MMO playstyle is more of a solo type, with occasional grouping and more often than not just as a duo with a coworker.

What kind of class should I be looking at for TERA? I'm leaning right now toward Warrior or Slayer...

Jackl

Warriors are late bloomers. They don't get most of their hard hitters until 40+.

Slayers are pretty good all around.

vaelic

Banned
reddit post - NA customers not allowed to edit their .ini?

Credit to Something Awful (clippa and sinewave) for this lovely cheat sheet, no laggy mouse, wider view, sharper visuals, no jaggies, smoother character texture, no blurry things, uncapped FPS and godrays.

This is recommended for EU players only. En Masse does not support editing your .ini files despite the fact that you edit them every time you rebind a hotkey, nice.

En Masse Response: "I am Gm SykNick, and you my friend are very wise to seek my counsel. DO NOT DO THIS!!

We here at En Masse view this as a violation of our terms of service agreement which in fact would get you banned.

GM SykNick here again, I don't mind at all if you use me as a source at all.

The truth of the matter is this, no matter if it's safe or being done by a lot of other players. These actions are not supported by En Masse and could get you banned if viewed as a violation of our rules of conduct or terms of service.

My personal advice is if we didn't suggest it don't do it."

Frogster Reponse: "Just for the sake&#65279; of clarification, you won't get banned for changing a line in a .ini file."

http://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/stneq/tera_tweak_cheat_sheet/

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/foru...ustomers-not-allowed-to-edit-their-ini?page=1

I doubt anyone would get banned over this. They're just trying to protect themselves from people that destroy their files, corrupt installs, and then blame En Masse and the game for not working.

A community rep stated a while back that replacing character models (e.g. Elin uncensored) was against the TOS but that they would not be actively looking for users that do this. Probably the same thing with ini files.

I doubt anyone would get banned over this. They're just trying to protect themselves from people that destroy their files, corrupt installs, and then blame En Masse and the game for not working.

A community rep stated a while back that replacing character models (e.g. Elin uncensored) was against the TOS but that they would not be actively looking for users that do this. Probably the same thing with ini files.

yeah.. it's not like they do a file check..

They're not going to say "excuse me.... but it appears that your game client is running a little too well.. are you tweaking?"

Desaan

Da fuk? Y u say dis En Masse? :(

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to detect .ini file changes without some sort of client side cheat monitor going (if at all). They usually just say stuff like that to ward people off messing their game up for which they can't offer support.

I'd be surprised if the support person even knows what the fuck an ini file is. All he saw was someone modifying game files and the red flag went up.

Jackl

The ToS statement is pretty standard. Companies have to publicly uphold their ToS or theres no way it'll stand in court against real violations.

Privately they don't care. Just don't wreck your install and expect the support line to fix it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going to need to play this SO bad Saturday, but I won't be able to. All this talk of things kicking off has me sad. But come Sunday (or MAYBE Saturday night, depending on when we get back in town), I am DOWN. Dragonfall! <3

Top Bottom