• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Dizzy-4U

I'm creating a priest as an alt so I have full support capabilities whenever it's needed. Maybe the priest is a little behind now, but with future patches you never know. Better safe than sorry...

Mithos

Then you should move to Korea.

Or they just add the ability to get timecards, 24hours, 48hours etc, for people with a life outside games, that do not feel like paying for a month is ok when they will not play every day, but maybe a few days a week or only at weekends.

I mean if they did add this possibility, would it ruin your gameplay in any way?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Or they just add the ability to get timecards, 24hours, 48hours etc, for people with a life outside games, that do not feel like paying for a month is ok when they will not play every day, but maybe a few days a week or only at weekends.

I mean if they did add this possibility, would it ruin your gameplay in any way?

Yes because I play 24/7 it would make the game fucking expensive for me

Mithos

Yes because I play 24/7 it would make the game fucking expensive for me

How would it make the game expensive for YOU, that I can buy a 24hour playcard instead of a $10-15 month subscription?
If anything these 24hour playcards would be more expensive in the long run if bough everyday for a month.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How would it make the game expensive for YOU, that I can buy a 24hour playcard instead of a $10-15 month subscription?
If anything these 24hour playcards would be more expensive in the long run if bough everyday for a month.

You really think they would settle on two forms like that? That's wishful thinking :p

I honestly wouldn't make a character based on how viable they are if the developers are competent to balance/patch said classes. Its an mmo, things are bound to change so just choose a class you love to play.

Apus

Neo Member
Well, decided I'm gonna take the plunge and have preorder :D

I played the beta as a Lancer and found that quite fun, if not slightly too easy to solo BAMs. I've been thinking about potentiall switching to a Slayer for retail, but I'm wondering what peoples thoughts on the class are. I've taken a look at a few videos on Slayers soloing BAMs, and tbh they don't look like they take them down all that much faster than a Lancer, despite being a DPS class. Read through guides and whatnot, but some words from people who've played Lancers and Slayers would be appreciated, especially at the higher levels.

Tera is awesome because you can go without a Priest at all in instances and against BAMs if you have the right tactics in play

Because of the action combat system, even though there is technically the Holy Trinity you can run groups with a mix of classes and be successful. My guild had people running CR with 5 dps classes. 5 zerkers in CR is crazy, the amount of dps you can put on the bosses is hilarious. As long as everyone knows what they are doing its perfectly doable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As a priest, that's soooooo encouraging... :/

But keep in mind that a LOT of parties have one or two of the five who cry for heals...

Because of the action combat system, even though there is technically the Holy Trinity you can run groups with a mix of classes and be successful. My guild had people running CR with 5 dps classes. 5 zerkers in CR is crazy, the amount of dps you can put on the bosses is hilarious. As long as everyone knows what they are doing its perfectly doable.

This is REALLY exciting...I mean, as a Lancer, it makes me feel less viable, haha. BUT! Knowing that with skill, there's no need to roll the standard party is crazy encouraging for the future of the game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I secretly run around and when the enemies isn't targeting me i walk around and take pictures. lol.

We've noticed. :rollseyes:

No, I kid. Your screenshots are GOLD, haha. Like, I love you're just chillin while the enemy is prepping to dome rock some other players. A collection of screenshots like this would be wonderful!

We've noticed. :rollseyes:

No, I kid. Your screenshots are GOLD, haha. Like, I love you're just chillin while the enemy is prepping to dome rock some other players. A collection of screenshots like this would be wonderful!

Been trying to take more pictures but forget until AFTER it's over lol. but will try. putting sticky note on my desk to remind me!

Fixed that for you.

Only tried once and that one time the other person kept stopping when i stopped (Up the ladder in SM) :/

KePoW

Banned

That sounds awesome.

Any White Lioin Mount pics surfaced yet? I did a quick search and couldn't find any. Mount looks sweet on the pre-order page.

66GAm.png

Leaked video:
http://youtu.be/QDy2aexE5Xo?hd=1

Rinoa

Can't wait to get my cat!

outside of battle..
413932_10150858706012652_508032651_11890572_1156078511_o.jpg

Tera looks awesome even when you're doing mundane stuff like farming a crystal
470431_10150856011052652_508032651_11881715_1058079656_o.jpg

or pouring liquid into something
415383_10150856012722652_508032651_11881721_1742822218_o.jpg

I'm going controller all the way! I loved using one in FFXI.

I'm using a PS3 controller but same thing! So much fun with a controller FF11/PSO style!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I can't even sign up to try since the website refuse to send me confirmation e-mail, tried with 3 different e-mail address and 2 different browser =/ I guess all the codes are gone by now.

NeOak

I can't even sign up to try since the website refuse to send me confirmation e-mail, tried with 3 different e-mail address and 2 different browser =/ I guess all the codes are gone by now.

Codes for the early start? All preorders got 3. And you could still get it if you preorder.

Rinoa

game any fun with controller?

Yes. Takes long to setup just right but once you've got it.. so relaxing. Only thing that sucks is have to use mouse for menu.

What do you think of the armor design for the female humans? I dislike almost all of their robe sets and all but a few of the light and heavy sets. High Elf females, however... pretty much everything they get is amazing. Castanic females get some really great stuff, too, especially the stuff that appears to be endgame.

Oh yea, my friends and I haaate the human female stuff.

There are definitely some real mismatched stinkers in robe
human_f_r09.jpg

human_f_r16.jpg

and the other sets are either bland or completely unflattering
human_f_l17.jpg

We saw this a lot in the open beta and wondered if the designers just half-assing
human_f_r02.jpg

I think it's on purpose designed to be generic though, it fits the safe and non-extreme human image. Oddly enough, a lot of guys who make human females still dig it.

The one cool thing about human females is their /love emote or something, it has them doing a heart symbol with hands I think. Anyone have a screen?

aett

Yes. Takes long to setup just right but once you've got it.. so relaxing. Only thing that sucks is have to use mouse for menu.

Oh yea, my friends and I haaate the human female stuff.

I think it's on purpose designed to be generic though, it fits the safe and non-extreme human image. Oddly enough, a lot of guys who make human females still dig it.

The one cool thing about human females is their /love emote or something, it has them doing a heart symbol with hands I think. Anyone have a screen?

My open beta character was a female human lancer because the character on the class selection screen reminded me of Chris, the female knight from Suikoden III. Then after a while I checked all the heavy armor sets and most of them were terrible. When I make a lancer, it's definitely going to be a female elf (although I have to admit that a Baraka lancer wearing that castle armor would be badass.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My open beta character was a female human lancer because the character on the class selection screen reminded me of Chris, the female knight from Suikoden III. Then after a while I checked all the heavy armor sets and most of them were terrible. When I make a lancer, it's definitely going to be a female elf (although I have to admit that a Baraka lancer wearing that castle armor would be badass.

Only thing I found weird about some of the elves sets for male and female is they kinda got a metal overcoat design to them. Which is weird cause it's solid plate

So where do i put the buddy code? I signed up on tera...Eu I think? and I tried to put it in the account section code area but it was having none of it.

Maybe I should have tried the global site actually. Bit late now as im at work :/

Aman berserker sounds right up might stree!

aett

Only thing I found weird about some of the elves sets for male and female is they kinda got a metal overcoat design to them. Which is weird cause it's solid plate

I love that armor set you posted. The number one reason I have for reaching the endgame is to have access to all these great sets.

Westlo

Oh my god, just realized that head start for me starts 5am Sunday my time... I am suffering withdrawal symptoms bad and this just made it worst!

Btw Q can you pm me how Castanic looked like in beta for KTera?

Thata girl ;)

E: Finally taking care of my pre-order. I was going to just do a 1-month recurring at check-out, but are the batch prices going to change after release? If so, I should probably grab the 3-month for now. :|

price change end of may. i'll wait 15 days in because i want to switch to 3 months but no options yet. will contact if not up by then.

Thata girl ;)

E: Finally taking care of my pre-order. I was going to just do a 1-month recurring at check-out, but are the batch prices going to change after release? If so, I should probably grab the 3-month for now. :|

There is special pricing on the 3, 6, and 12 month subscription packages that are only good until May 31st (extended from May 1st). After that, the discount package pricing goes up about a dollar per month, so expect about a 3, 6, and 12 dollar increase on each respective package.

The most expensive option is to pay month-to-month.

Top Bottom