• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

mileS

"An attempt has been made to login to your En Masse Entertainment account from an unknown device."

thats strange, all I did was log on the website with chrome..

Head Start Patch Note http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-172502

NEW STUFF

Added additional hair colors to the following races:

Humans: red, orange, yellow, green, blue
Castanics: red, orange, yellow, green (Castanics are never blue.)
Elins: red
High Elves: red, orange, green, blue

Modified the alkahests used in item enchantment. Unique alkahests are used for specific tiers of enchantment.

+1 to +6: Alkahest (sold by merchants)
+7 to +9: Refined Alkahest (sold by specialty stores)
+10 to +12: Masterwork Alkahest (sold by specialty stores)

Removed the inter-server party-matching buff, the Valkyon’s Response reward, and the Rescue Supplies. Grouping is its own reward.

Destiny Eggs and Lucky Eggs have been removed as quest rewards. The eggs were the primary source of combat consumables until the alchemy crafting system was complete. Any eggs earned in the Open Beta Test will still be there.

Gula Skinners in the Hungry Caverns no longer spawn minions because that’s not how they roll.

Items from Balder’s Temple and the Fane of Kaprima are now visible via smart search.

Deleted the unnecessary “Subscription Information” menu from the main menu.

FIXES
Fixed a bug where certain surfaces appeared to flash, glow, or appear dark. We don’t want any flashing in TERA.
Fixed a bug where channels on the Island of Dawn increase infinitely.
Fixed a bug where guild-versus-guild battles could not be declared on guilds with names longer than 32 characters. Your awkward battle cries will save you no longer.

arimanius

So if I preorder this tonight will that be to late to get in tomorrow? I've been on the fence but with queue times getting longer and longer in Tor(for pvp) I'm needing something else to do.

Thinking of just doing the digital collectors edition from En Masse. I already have the beta client installed.

Kaspanova

Neo Member
About 20mins. (650)

Nice new feature in that they give you X minutes XP boost for however many minutes you spend in queue.

I'm not online, same name as on here

Well, that IS new. Pleased about that! 55mins in swtor Q and all I got, was let in.

I'm curious, does anyone know if the EU guild hasn't been created because you need to meet certain criteria, ie, level 12, 4 people group & 5000coins, or something?

aett

I get that they're trying to make a joke about Castanics never being blue, but it's a little confusing because they already have blue hair. In any case, I'm glad that they listened to the players and added additional hair colors to each race.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So if I preorder this tonight will that be to late to get in tomorrow? I've been on the fence but with queue times getting longer and longer in Tor(for pvp) I'm needing something else to do.

Thinking of just doing the digital collectors edition from En Masse. I already have the beta client installed.

I changed my mind from standard to CE after hearing that the mount speed is significantly faster. :) Just sayin.

ultron87

Do I just have to pre-order before official launch day to get the bonus items? I got a code for the pre launch and wanna play awhile before I decide to buy the game but would still like to get the bonus stuff. I assume I can even upgrade to the digital collector's edition after the fact, right?

Amazing. I'm impressed that they listened to such a minor piece of feedback and added hair colors to all the races. Of course, Elin got the shaft again.

I'm sad they are removing the eggs but I guess it will make alchemy and gathering more viable.

Not a peep in the patch notes about the annoying chat bug.

Hope it's fixed.

Me too. I think I saw a thread on the official forums that said they were looking into it, so they may not have been aware of it until recently.

Amazing. I'm impressed that they listened to such a minor piece of feedback and added hair colors to all the races. Of course, Elin got the shaft again.

I'm sad they are removing the eggs but I guess it will make alchemy and gathering more viable.

Me too. I think I saw a thread on the official forums that said they were looking into it, so they may not have been aware of it until recently.

Popori needs love too D:

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How smoothly did the game run in past Beta events?

Cheeto

okwiththis.png

Now that I think about it, I recall being in Velika and there were tons of open egg shells that weren't disappearing, littered all over the steps. Was that a bug? Maybe that also had something to do with it.

Desaan

They still haven't fixed the Dawnhide drop rate? Getting leatherworking to 50 is like levelling every other profession to 410.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i don't like the XP boost. makes me be feel over lvled D: so i usually try to wait until the buff wears off lol.

(i just started buying stuff from the brokerage lol)

Bah - let me level like a champ. Get my Lancer to 60 so I can solo some level 20 content, ha. <3 Lancer DPS.

Hauk

Neo Member
The latest beta they had showed me how nice moving and combat feels in this game. Shame I didn't have time to try any dungeons and more interesting quests(?).But I do fear it's mostly the samey style of quests that the starting island was filled with, collect and kill and talk to that guy. Also the subscription fee scares me, makes me feel like I have to be online every day to not waste my money away. I'm thinking I gotta wait for this to become free to play or me to become single or some shit. Also the problem that all my friends are WoW players and I can't imagine them paying for another MMO. Even the time we spend in WoW is like couple of months a year every time Blizzard comes up with an expansion, and then we just fade away. The same would probably hold true for Tera.

Bad for me cos im working!

Was going to try the GW2 beta this weekend as well, but it looks like it's forcing me to redownload the whole 20gb client again, for some reason, I'm not doing that for one day or so

Tera>GW2 anyway.

So after playing the guild wars 2 beta for a hour of pvp, its boring, at least for me so far. Going to continue to play and see if it opens up but they give you max level/skills from the start (if you queue) The combat feels so mundane.

Visceir

I'm rather curious about people's opinions who have played both Tera and GW2, but I'm not sure where the right place for that kind of discussion would be. I'm guessing not in this thread, haha.

Neat tera pvp video:
Over the Hills & thru the BAM's

Gets really interesting at 2:30. They are being outnumbered but use the BAM to take out their enemies, pretty neat. I've hid behind monsters a couple of times when people have ganked me, has worked out quite well, haha.

Top Bottom