• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Ryuuga

Banned
Order-in weekend, ben and jerry, wine gums, bugles etc., all other obligations cancelled in favor of TERA, let's do this.

arimanius

Just bought the CE from En Masse. Account now says it's active. So hopefully I'm good for tomorrow morning. Looking forward to trying out the classes I didn't get to in the open beta.

Also, do you guys have any tips / strategies for leveling? Played the beta very little for the sake of not getting burnt out. I'll be playing berserker if that helps.

It's really easy. Even without any rest experience at all it's very possible to out level the content you are doing.

My only real suggestion is to never skip the story quests (they're red instead of yellow). Often they lead into dungeon quests and while the reward from completing the quest might not be as good as a drop it's still a significant upgrade.

Einbroch

Banned
Not only do I have to work this weekend, but I only have one day off next week.

Whyyyyyy

I know. :( Work Saturday, Sunday, class Monday, out of town Monday night to Wednesday, class Wednesday, work Wednesday night, class Thursday, work Thursday night, FRIDAY OFF!

jiien

I like that there is a ton of actual gameplay footage in that trailer, and it's woven in pretty damn well with the CG.

CaLe

Do we have to download anything for tomorrow ?

Will our previous beta client work ?

Can't freaking wait to play. Let's do this people !

Izayoi

Banned
Do we have to download anything for tomorrow ?

Will our previous beta client work ?

Can't freaking wait to play. Let's do this people !
As far as I know, yeah. Just make sure it's all patched up.
Yup, same client you've been using since the very first closed beta will work just fine. There might be a couple very small patches, but otherwise you won't need to do anything but log in.

Ohhh, that's the first time I've seen the Queen in motion. That's sure to be an interesting fight.

nope nope. anet did a terrible job with the servers. too much lag to even enjoy it.
ill just look at some screenshots i have of tera and see what i didn't post yet lol.

CaLe

nope nope. anet did a terrible job with the servers. too much lag to even enjoy it.
ill just look at some screenshots i have of tera and see what i didn't post yet lol.

It's that bad...?

And here I am downloading 14 gigs for the beta... Oh well.

Hey guys, any guides out there that can help me pick a class ? I'm leaning towards a melee class this time (I usually play mages), but can't pick which one I like best.

Fireye

I know that place is right near the flight path and is pretty busy, I never noticed it happening but maybe it's scaling down textures in overcrowded areas? It's the Unreal engine, Aion was the same.

Last I checked (played from launch till a month or three later), Aion was running CryEngine, and not Unreal Engine.

In other news: Crap, my lovely warlockwannabe Mystic apparently turns into a pure healing/utility class at high level. Not sure if I want to keep on leveling him, healing is fun, but I like being able to kill things too.

Rootbeer

Banned
why no male Elins? I want to play a shota, dammit.

Seriously though I can't decide rather I want to order this or not... I already have GW2, Diablo III and Torchlight II all on the horizon... and they are all free to play. Tera has some tough competition.

NeOak

Seriously though I can't decide rather I want to order this or not... I already have GW2, Diablo III and Torchlight II all on the horizon... and they are all free to play. Tera has some tough competition.

Use one of the codes and try it out this weekend.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Male elin = Popari. They even have the same files in the data. Popari M popari F

It's that bad...?

And here I am downloading 14 gigs for the beta... Oh well.

Hey guys, any guides out there that can help me pick a class ? I'm leaning towards a melee class this time (I usually play mages), but can't pick which one I like best.

they just have too many people. the input lag is bad for me. probably took like a minute for it to pick up my key presses on the skills. I thought i was fighting the queen worm. nope lol. all i saw was the skills bar just blinking lol.

On our journey of pictures.

this is our dog. his name is Fido ^_^

come to find out fido's brother got lost in the woods.

it's fine until people start moving their BAM near me and let it attack lol.

another shot where i don't help lol.

probably enjoy Chebika since it's a nice oasis like place but i didn't get to go around this real desert. Will be back in Che tomorrow.

i really can't wait to hit the higher lvl areas D:

Top Bottom