• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Bloodborne Trailer

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really really think the people who design armor and characters at From should open a class or something.

Like I'm not as in love with the Souls games as most people, but they're second to none when it comes to these incredible looking armor designs. Their mid-range armor looks like the kind of stuff other RPGs couldn't dream of coming up with, and they made the transition perfectly to this new setting. I love the look of the plague doctor helmet with the crazy feathered cape thing.

untitledh5shz.png

https://twitter.com/giwamasa/status/513674243846852608

Also Bloodborne won a Future Game Award at TGS

bybv4b6cyaa_hqk5hshh.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've never been so torn on a game before. The art style and setting are one million percent up my alley but I didn't enjoy what I played of Demon's too much. The changes to combat may be exactly what it needed to hook me in but I won't know until I play it and I didn't get invited into the alpha. Hopefully there's a beta or something later on.

Eusis

All dem games that aren't getting localized.
Pretty sure most of them are. The biggest issues are Sen no Kiseki II (welp, gotta get through A LOT OF GAMES and who knows what platform we'd even play it on), Phantasy Star Nova, Yakuza 0 (go Sega), and MAYBE God Eater 2 (I think being PS4/Vita grossly increases its odds however.) Everything else is either announced or even straight up came from the US.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Got a question for you guys...what do you think looks better? This? Or Dark Souls 2 before the downgrade?

I didn't know the reason for the whole downgrade in DS2...but now that we're getting much closer to Bloodborne, the beauty of this game makes it seem like they could reinstate all that stuff in DS2 on next gen if they wanted...they look really close IMO

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really surprised that The Order won an award at a Japanese event.

Those dudes are dressed fancy.
Japan likes dudes that are dressed fancy.
Got a question for you guys...what do you think looks better? This? Or Dark Souls 2 before the downgrade?

I didn't know the reason for the whole downgrade in DS2...but now that we're getting much closer to Bloodborne, the beauty of this game makes it seem like they could reinstate all that stuff in DS2 on next gen if they wanted...they look really close IMO

The blood effects alone look far superior to anything they showed in DS 2 pre-downgrade

I think this looks better. They could easily reinstate the original lighting etc into Dark Souls 2 on next gen consoles. The game isn't particularly demanding on PC, so they could have easily kept those features there... not that I'm still bitter or anything...

I would love if they included an obvioulsy Trico inspired enemy/boss. That would be suitably deranged.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've been anxious to figure out if this game is a big departure from DS, but seeing the stamina bar and the deliberate enemy encounters eases my mind. I was a bit worried this would be more like a character action game, which I never end up liking.

Anyone heard anything about how different areas are handled, or how death and continuing are handled at all?

That trailer was nuts. Gonna feel naked without a shield

Gonna feel and look awesome without a shield once you've mastered the game, weaving around dashing and executing awesome combos with your gun and different weapon modes.

Even if you mess up and take a hit, you can look cool stealing it all back if you know your enemy well enough to keep on the offensive.

I think combat done right will look awesome enough that the game will sell quite a few consoles to Souls virgins once it goes up on streams.

Ferr986

I wish they would replicate the Project Beast trailer into a new Bloodborne one, so we could see all the graphical upgrades

Yoshida approves my design! :D

(i will put it on RB and elsewhere soon then :p)

11/10 would buy

----------------------------
also there's no way i'm not starting/creating or being a part of a Photo contest for this game on GAF as it shall rival my TLoU or my involvement in the Infamous: SS contest

Tiops

So, I received an email inviting me to the Alpha :D

Do we have any idea when it's going to happen or when we'll get codes to download stuff? These trailers are not making the wait easier.

Top Bottom