• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 360 Games on Demand Thread of UnUnified Prices, Releases & Paying Way Over Retail

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:
So does anyone here actually own a GoD title yet? someone must have brought more then a few games just because they can :lol
I bought Burnout Paradise.

Brakara

CultureClearance said:
If you guys want lower prices, buy the low price games and don't buy the high price ones. It's that simple. Every purchase of a 20 dollar game is a vote for more 20 dollar games. Every purchase for anything higher is a vote for just that. Microsoft doesn't know how to price these things so they're experimenting. Let them know with your wallets.

Everything is 4000 space bucks here, so I vote by not buying anything.

FrankT

Civilization Revolution went up today for $30. I'm thinking about this as my first games on demand title. I'm not seeing much better prices out their really (even with used prices and shipping it's still actually pretty comparable). I recall playing the demo and it seemed like a very addicting game.

Anyone have any thoughts on this being worth it or not?

Timan

Developer
Just bought BF:Bad Company, does every mp game lag? I've not been able to play more than 5ft on any game (going on about 10 now) without warping.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
September 8: “Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution” (2K Games)

September 15: “FIFA Street 3” (Electronic Arts)

September 22: “Shaun White Snowboarding” (Ubisoft)

September 29: “Fable II: Game Episodes” (Microsoft Game Studios)

Jtyettis said:
Civilization Revolution went up today for $30. I'm thinking about this as my first games on demand title. I'm not seeing much better prices out their really (even with used prices and shipping it's still actually pretty comparable). I recall playing the demo and it seemed like a very addicting game.

Anyone have any thoughts on this being worth it or not?

If you have patience, the physical copy will eventually lower even further while the GoD version most likely won't. If you don't want to wait, then just grab it. It's one of the few I'd consider grabbing at that price.

Barrett2

I would love to have Burnout Paradise on my hard drive, but its hard to justify when I can get it for like $11 shipped on Ebay. Meh...

MysticX

Arpharmd B said:
I bought Ridge Racer 6. I love Ridge Racer. Why do fools gotta be down voting this game. It's got like 2.8 stars...

I bought it in retail for the equivelant off about 19$ which is really cheap here in denmark.

And I think it sucks. I drove a straight line and decided to turn, like people do when they drive cars, and holy crap. IT literally turned the damn car....like ALOT! Which makes it less realistic than that NFS crapo games. So, I decided to keep playing with Forza and put RR6 up in the shelve to collect dust.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sorry about the bump, but I'm picking up a 360 today and I was curious about the digital release of Mass Effect. It's 20 dollars right now and I'm tempted to download it, but I could save the HDD space and buy it in store for the same price. If anyone here has downloaded it, does it perform better at all? I'd probably go with the on demand version if there is less technical issues with the game.

Snuggler said:
Sorry about the bump, but I'm picking up a 360 today and I was curious about the digital release of Mass Effect. It's 20 dollars right now and I'm tempted to download it, but I could save the HDD space and buy it in store for the same price. If anyone here has downloaded it, does it perform better at all? I'd probably go with the on demand version if there is less technical issues with the game.

It definitely performs better after an install, which would take up the same amount of space. But I think the retail edish comes with DLC for free/

MysticX said:
I bought it in retail for the equivelant off about 19$ which is really cheap here in denmark.

And I think it sucks. I drove a straight line and decided to turn, like people do when they drive cars, and holy crap. IT literally turned the damn car....like ALOT! Which makes it less realistic than that NFS crapo games. So, I decided to keep playing with Forza and put RR6 up in the shelve to collect dust.
Have you ever played a ridge racer game before? :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BenjaminBirdie said:
It definitely performs better after an install, which would take up the same amount of space. But I think the retail edish comes with DLC for free/

Thanks BB, I forgot about the GOTY edition, I should get that and just install.
Follow up question: Should I make love to Ashley or the Alien lady?

Dra-Q

Banned
Ok, one serious question: Where are Halo 3, GTAIV and Soul Calibur IV on GoD? Does anyone have a release list or something?

MacBosse

Dra-Q said:
Ok, one serious question: Where are Halo 3, GTAIV and Soul Calibur IV on GoD? Does anyone have a release list or something?

I think both Halo 3 and GTAIV won't come at all considering that they would have to code them differently to work from the harddrive properly.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Here's this months games. They are starting to get real close to the release dates of the Classics/Platinum Hits retail releases now.

GTA4 has just hit Classics here in Europe this Friday, for instance. Likewise Midnight Club.

October 6:
“Call of Duty 3” (Activision)
“Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2” (Ubisoft)

October 13:
“Grand Theft Auto IV” (Rockstar Games)

October 20:
“Midnight Club Los Angeles” (Rockstar Games)
“Army of Two” (Electronic Arts)
“Sonic Unleashed” (SEGA)

October 27:
“Dead Space” (Electronic Arts)
“DiRT” (Codemasters)

FrankT

October 13:
“Grand Theft Auto IV” (Rockstar Games)

Wow, that is a biggy there. I thought they might do this as it is perfect timing right before GTA: Episodes.

Dead Space is a nice addition too.

If the pricing wasn't so much of a joke I might consider this service. I always like to buy my games new then resell to make up lost funds.

Anyhow, until they price games at $10-15, no sale. Sorry. No reason to buy a digital product for the same price (or more) as a retail version.

Gowans

I don't think GTA4 is as awful as the other price points at £19.99 they seem to be getting slightly better for some.

Year or so old great titles are £19.99 is ok by me they desperately need a £9.99 and £14.99 price point for the some other's up there.

One benefit that might getting me buying one of these one day is the fact that like XBLA games I can DL one to my living room 360 then one to my games room when I play on my account and have by Mr's play co-op with me from the living room.

Dra-Q

Banned
One question before I get GTAIV as games on demand: Can I play Lost & Damend and Gay Tony with the "Games on Demand" version of GTA?

I realize it's a stupid question but you never know...

Omikaru

Dra-Q said:
One question before I get GTAIV as games on demand: Can I play Lost & Damend and Gay Tony with the "Games on Demand" version of GTA?

It would be a huge oversight if you couldn't. From what I gather, Games on Demand are exactly the same as if you install the game to your HDD, except that it obviously doesn't require the disc check and has the XBL online DRM on it instead.

So, whilst I haven't tested it, it's safe to say that it's probably (99% certain) a yes to the DLC on that one.
Though don't quote me on that...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Dra-Q said:

Of course. Any saves from the disc game will work, as well.

whitehawk

Banned
So why exactly would anyone want to use this service? Bioshock is $40 in canada, and I just bought it not too long ago for $20..

Troidal

I'd love to pick up a bunch of games that's listed in the US like Ridge Racer 6, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, DiRT, Dead Space even though I already have them. I'm moving out soon so I'd like to reduce my clutter and rather have some of my game lib inside the HDD.

But! I've learned my lesson with 360 DRM issues... if my console breaks again, the games I've purchased will end up only being accessible to the account it was originally purchased on.

So I'll just keep the discs :/

Seventy5

Excellent game, but it's 5 bucks cheaper at Gamestop alone. It was $20 at Walmart last time I was there, at least the PS3 version was. Can't imagine there's not one of those two stores near you, so it's kind of a waste of $5-$10 for the download, and frankly $30 is overpriced for a download game that's cheaper elsewhere.

Brakara

Troidal said:
But! I've learned my lesson with 360 DRM issues... if my console breaks again, the games I've purchased will end up only being accessible to the account it was originally purchased on.

If you send it to MS (and they give you another fixed console), they will automatically transfer the licenses to the other console.

Or if you buy a new console (if the three year guarantee has passed), you can use the migration tool, which will tie your content to your new console.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Troidal

Brakara said:
If you send it to MS (and they give you another fixed console), they will automatically transfer the licenses to the other console.

Or if you buy a new console (if the three year guarantee has passed), you can use the migration tool, which will tie your content to your new console.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

I've done that but the contents I bought on the NA account remained in that account and was a demo version in my JP account. In my first console, it didnt matter which account I bought it under, I could play the full version on either the NA or JP account.

I think when you end up with another console and still use the migration tool, it doesn't allow me to do that anymore.

Brakara

Troidal said:
I think when you end up with another console and still use the migration tool, it doesn't allow me to do that anymore.

I have a friend who bought a new 360 not long ago, and it worked fine. He can play any downloaded game on his new console with whatever account.

He had to redownload everything after using the migration tool though.

Troidal said:
I'd love to pick up a bunch of games that's listed in the US like Ridge Racer 6, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, DiRT, Dead Space even though I already have them. I'm moving out soon so I'd like to reduce my clutter and rather have some of my game lib inside the HDD.

So I'll just keep the discs :/

Transfering the licenses is pretty easy.

Diablohead said:
So does anyone here actually own a GoD title yet? someone must have brought more then a few games just because they can :lol

If Dead Space is $20, then that will be my first. If Dead Space is $30, Im going to send a shitload of hate mail to EA.

If you haven't already played Dead Space then find a way to do so. Buy it off XBL, buy it online, buy it from retail, buy it used or whatever. It's seriously one of the best games of this generation.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
If Dead Space is $20, then that will be my first. If Dead Space is $30, Im going to send a shitload of hate mail to EA.

Instead of sending hate mail, why don't you just go to Target or Best Buy and buy it for $20? Not only will you have a great game at a great price, but you'll be able to lend it to friends or resell it if you'd like.

Kujo

Now up:

Midnight Club Los Angeles - US$29.99/UK£19.99/AU$49.95
Army of Two - US$19.99/UK£19.99/AU$49.95
Sonic Unleashed - US$29.99/UK£19.99

robot said:
Anyone know if thats the Midnight Club complete edition?
Don't think so.

Top Bottom