• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 73rd Annual Golden Globes |OT| Episode MMXVI: Return of the Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Terminator 2 theatrical cut is a great fun movie
but,
Terminator 2 the extended over explained Director's Cut is a boring movie

The Director's cut should only be watched for the fun extra special effects at the end, and the amazingly crafted scene where they take out Arnold's chip. The rest can get the hell out.

Didn't know about Sly, because I just read the odd headline about the awards. He definitely deserved that, though. Creed is fantastic, and both he and Michael B. Jordan were great in it.

Those cancer treatment scenes were gutwrenching, as were the scenes where Sly visited with his wife and friend at the cemetery.

Happy for Sly
Denzel was a travesty last night. The whole segment. Its not like it should have caught him on guard, he knew about this for months. WT hell man. Dude lost cool points with me.

Happy for Leo.
Girl from Empire is a hot mess. Jesus, how about a little class.

Awards were a bit carney for me. I hope the Oscars are better.

Is Revenant that good? Might have to check it out with all the hype.

It is more deserving that Mad Max -enjoyable but overrated-. I have yet to watch the rest of the pretenders to the throne though. The Revenant was really good, not Inaritu's best work, but visceral and visually INCREDIBLE still.

Ashhong

At least Stallone picked up an award, total waste outside of that. I guess the Globes wanted to make up for not giving Birdman the top prize last year. They did pretty well with Boyhood and Grand Budapest Hotel winning the big ones. Too bad the Oscars fucked it up later on.

People still have a hardon for Boyhood? What a boring pointless movie that was.

I thought APollo 13 had some funny lines.

Bill Paxton's "I'm so hungry I could eat the ass out of a dead rhinoceros" alone deserved an Oscar.

A few funny lines maybe, but Martian had multiple funny lines, moments, and scenes. The movie was very lighthearted. Calling it a comedy is pushing it, I call it a dramedy.

Jigorath

Banned
People still have a hardon for Boyhood? What a boring pointless movie that was.

"Pointless"? Not even gonna bother getting into that debate for the umpteenth time. At least try to come up with some original criticism.

But Yes, there are people in this universe who might have different opinions than you. Shocking, I know.

strafer

SamaPvV.png

Don't worry. He will thank them at the Oscars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom