• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That's gonna be my next company car! ;)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/OnkelC/68f4c50d.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/OnkelC/353efcd3.jpg[/IMG
[B]it's a beauty by design[/B] and a clever idea to spec a car to be fun at medium speeds.[/QUOTE]

No, not even.

I'm really happy that Chevy has found a front end/grille design and shape that can define their car styles for years and years to come. It feels like so many companies flail around trying different looks and never getting anything that really works (Lexus, Toyota, Acura, Honda, etc.) so their design team should be really proud.

needed less curves and more defining lines. on the doors and going towards the back in particular.
IMO, the new viper is way way better than that of the mid 2000's viper. Man, that 1998 viper was hot. Those curves were amazing, and I am happy they are back. I didn't like what they did with the 2003-2012, they started looking too corvette-ish, and looked too bland imo.

Hot...
large_03.jpg

IMO, the new viper is way way better than that of the mid 2000's viper. Man, that 1998 viper was hot. Those curves were amazing, and I am happy they are back. I didn't like what they did with the 2003-2012, they started looking too corvette-ish, and looked too bland imo.

Hot...
large_03.jpg

I think the rounded-everything is a style from the 90s and early 2000s that could have stayed in the 90s and early 2000s.

reilo

I think the rounded-everything is a style from the 90s and early 2000s that could have stayed in the 90s and early 2000s.

Which was in direct response to the everything square phenomenon in the 1980s.

How many cars from the 80s do you remember not being shoeboxes?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Nope. I will fight you to death on this.

Hahahahah. Idk why, but that cracked me up.

Love that the BRZ/FRS hate is still alive here. Despite how well this thing is going to sell, doesn't mean shit. It's still slow, not that great looking, and has a spartan interior.

Oh, and expensive.

ascii42

Yeah, pretty much everything was boxy. The 1986 Taurus was considered a revolution in design, and it's not particularly rounded.

Sure but were cars looking like shoeboxes in 2009? Maybe you missed it, but we're talking about why a car in 2012 looks like a car from 1999 in shape. I think the new Viper could have been better adapted to 2012 stylings. Less 1999 rounded body, more definition and shape. Particularly to the doors leading to the trunk.

If you like it, get a matching hat and wear it out in style. My opinion is as presented and needs no further justification.

reilo

Sure but were cars looking like shoeboxes in 2009? Maybe you missed it, but we're talking about why a car in 2012 looks like a car from 1999 in shape. I think the new Viper could have been better adapted to 2012 stylings. Less 1999 rounded body, more definition and shape. Particularly to the doors leading to the trunk.

If you like it, get a matching hat and wear it out in style. My opinion is as presented and needs no further justification.

I made no arguments for or against the Viper's design. I was just noting the design trend of the time.

Zyzyxxz

Good Lord that is bad. That ride height and the wheel arches look comically stupid.

This is the exact same car Lambo brought to NYC and revealed it behind closed doors to their most loyal buyers.

There is no god!

Why the beautiful concept Estoque remians a concept...

reilo

ima gonna keel you wit mah bike biatch
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/OnkelC/Motorrad001.jpg[/IMG
yes, that's me and yes, it was a Rickman if anybody cares.
so the cool is on me and the yolk's on you.[/QUOTE]

I have already discovered a major flaw in your plan of attack: sharp corners.

ameratsu

So I called the guy about the 2.5rs I posted about yesterday. here's the summary

• he's had the car for about 7 years since about the 100k kilometer mark after buying from the local subaru dealer.
  • Headgasket has not been replaced. I will thoroughly check this to see if it's an issue with this car.
  • The 168k kilometer (105k mile) maintenance has not been performed.
  • Recently had the clutch replaced after a trip.
  • One wheel bearing is bad.
  • Does not have complete service records.

Honestly doesn't make me confident about the car's past. I can do the timing belt/water pump, but the fact that the timing belt is past due is worrisome. I am going to look at it on monday, so I will let you guys know how that goes.

So I called the guy about the 2.5rs I posted about yesterday. here's the summary

• he's had the car for about 7 years since about the 100k kilometer mark after buying from the local subaru dealer.
  • Headgasket has not been replaced. I will thoroughly check this to see if it's an issue with this car.
  • The 168k kilometer (105k mile) maintenance has not been performed.
  • Recently had the clutch replaced after a trip.
  • One wheel bearing is bad.
  • Does not have complete service records.

Honestly doesn't make me confident about the car's past. I can do the timing belt/water pump, but the fact that the timing belt is past due is worrisome. I am going to look at it on monday, so I will let you guys know how that goes.

Yea those engines are interference motors so be careful, dont be afraid to walk on the car if you cant come to a good price. if your on the east cost there are a great amount of RS's out there.

that one the DOHC or SOHC?

N-Bomb

Love that the BRZ/FRS hate is still alive here. Despite how well this thing is going to sell, doesn't mean shit. It's still slow, not that great looking, and has a spartan interior.

Slow can be fixed. Spartan interiors are best interiors, looks are subjective, but I like the lines.

Wait, you want to keep the engine? I'd only be worried about what condition the body is in.

El_Chino

It's not the first time. And the one you linked to is waaaaaay better than previous efforts.

21QIt.jpg

2YOGi.jpg

Lambo started as a tractor company, after all.

Frankie, as much as i like you i would have to disagree it might look better than previous efforts but it's still an ugly/awkward looking thing.

Lol, sometimes I'd have a few quickies in there, yes. I just like dark tint. I think it can make any car much more sexy.

But, honestly, the first week was a little frightening, but after a while my eyes adjusted and it wasn't so bad at all. I could see fairly decently.

AcridMeat

Banned
Has there been much news on the new Focus ST? Did anyone at those auto shows see it?

Sorry if it's been discussed but I just remembered it's coming this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom