• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Avengers - Trailer #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

I've always liked stories about people in a time they don't belong, trying to adjust to their new reality.

I hope Captain America 2 really plays with that. There is a lot of potential for emotional drama.

Sharon Carter was Steve's love interest in the present, but this is a while back.

Of course, anything that results in more Hailey Atwell is something I support.

If it's 95 year old Peggy that'd be great, and I know just who can play her

dot+cotton.jpg

AMUSIX

I hope that when the finally do a full set of all the Marvel films in this continuity, they'll fix Captain America's ending back to the original. For those that don't know (and I've seen a number of comments indicating this) the pre-credits ending to the movie is the kid on the street with the Captain America shield made out of a garbage can lid. The waking up in present day was to be the post-credits stinger.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Dont forget moving the Tony Stark cameo in Incredble Hulk after the credits instead of the ending of the film.

DarkWish

For the Blu-rays, do all the post-credit bits get moved to the normal end of the film?
No, they're still after the credits. I think The Incredible Hulk was the only movie in this cinematic universe that had the "fun cameo scene" right before the credits, both in theaters and on DVD/Blu-ray. The rest are all post-credits.

Daft_Cat

I hope that when the finally do a full set of all the Marvel films in this continuity, they'll fix Captain America's ending back to the original. For those that don't know (and I've seen a number of comments indicating this) the pre-credits ending to the movie is the kid on the street with the Captain America shield made out of a garbage can lid. The waking up in present day was to be the post-credits stinger.

The thing that bugs me most is that the SHIELD babe that wakes him up looks SO much like Black Widow, except it isn't. Always makes me feel like they weren't willing to cough up a few extra bucks. Oh well. Not a big deal. Still, you're right; the entire sequence would probably work better post-credits, although it's a little long. Maybe if they split it up throughout the credits.

The thing that bugs me most is that the SHIELD babe that wakes him up looks SO much like Black Widow, except it isn't. Always makes me feel like they weren't willing to cough up a few extra bucks. Oh well. Not a big deal. Still, you're right; the entire sequence would probably work better post-credits, although it's a little long. Maybe if they split it up throughout the credits.
They cast a somewhat recognizeable actress for such a tiny role, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was something more than just another SHIELD agent. I thought she might be Sharon Carter, but I don't think we've heard anything about Righetti's involvement in the Avengers.

Eh, just googled it. Looks there like there are unconfirmed rumors that I'm on the right track. Probably not true since we haven't heard anything in a year.

Zzoram

I wonder how Thor is going to get back to Earth.

They never really explained how Loki found his way to Earth, but they did say that Loki knows back ways to sneak between realms. So either Loki brings Thor to Earth, or SHIELD somehow drags him to Earth unwillingly.

They never really explained how Loki found his way to Earth, but they did say that Loki knows back ways to sneak between realms. So either Loki brings Thor to Earth, or SHIELD somehow drags him to Earth unwillingly.

Cosmic Cube. Thats all the explanation they'll need to give. Now, explosions!

Nesotenso

Man, the fucking auteurs on GAF are going to be really annoying when this movie comes out if every clip is needlessly crucified and everyone is paying attention to whether it looks like TV.

shira

Is there going to be an avengers post credits scene?

This is the first time in a long time I've seen a the trailers and the movie just looks FUN. Its not dark and gritty or Oscar bait drama. I hope it has a lot of heart, a lot of great nerd in-jokes and cool super heroics. I can't wait. Joss wins more than he fails as a writer so I'm confident its going to be great fun.

This is the first time in a long time I've seen a the trailers and the movie just looks FUN. Its not dark and gritty or Oscar bait drama. I hope it has a lot of heart, a lot of great nerd in-jokes and cool super heroics. I can't wait. Joss wins more than he fails as a writer so I'm confident its going to be great fun.

And that is all I want from it.

Is there going to be an avengers post credits scene?

I'm not up to date with all the rumors and spoilers and such, but given what we've been told, I would bet
Thanos
shows up to tease Avengers 2. It'd feel weird to have this movie teasing Black Panther or Dr. Strange or Ant-Man or something, and what better way to tease the sequel?

All other movies had a post credits scene so this one most likely will.

I'm not up to date with all the rumors and spoilers and such, but given what we've been told, I would bet
Thanos
shows up to tease Avengers 2. It'd feel weird to have this movie teasing Black Panther or Dr. Strange or Ant-Man or something, and what better way to tease the sequel?

All other movies had a post credits scene so this one most likely will.

I feel like it'd be kinda weird to do that if they're not going to actually *address* that new threat until another four or five movies about the individual heroes have happened.

Tobor

I feel like it'd be kinda weird to do that if they're not going to actually *address* that new threat until another four or five movies about the individual heroes have happened.

Depends on the tease. Something could happen that sets off a chain of events that builds to Avengers 2. A proper Skrull invasion could build over 4 or 5 movies for example.

Depends on the tease. Something could happen that sets off a chain of events that builds to Avengers 2. A proper Skrull invasion could build over 4 or 5 movies for example.

I don't think they'd do another alien invasion... would they?

Anyway, finally saw the new clip with Stark and Loki. Looked fine to me. Definitely better than the Fury/Hill clip.

Tobor

I don't think they'd do another alien invasion... would they?

Anyway, finally saw the new clip with Stark and Loki. Looked fine to me. Definitely better than the Fury/Hill clip.

I don't know, just an example. A cool storyline that leads to Thanos could be started just as easily.

I disagree with the idea that this movie is bad visually. The day time and more open shots look fine to me, it's only when they get into a dark room that it looks a bit cheap. The real problem is the dialogue. If this is what it will be like for the rest of the film I'd rather they just blow shit up.

Welcome to Joss Whedon's writing. But really, so far the dialogue has not been as horrible as most Whedon stuff. Or perhaps it is the RDJ can actually sell the dialogue.

Isn't the Infinity Gauntlet prop already made? I remember seeing it on display somewhere around the time THOR was in production. So it appears they're thinking ahead with that.

Yeah, and it does make a quick cameo in Thor in the relics chamber.

But who knows if they run with that into making a full-fledged movie out of that plotline.

Blader

Loki manipulates Selvig into using the tesseract to open a portal to Earth.

The non action scenes in this movie are going to blow. But I sincerely doubt Marvel would let Whedon fuck up the action sequences which will probably be 3/4ths of the running time, and which are already looking decent. ILM and whoever the stunt coordinators are were probably chosen with more thought than Whedon was.

noah111

Still Alive
Gotta love Thor. I wonder if we'll ever see Thor flying or teleporting, as him clinging onto the side of that skyscraper got me wondering why/how he got there.

Thor-Takes-Flight2.jpg

Because he's not as bad as you all think he is. With practically only action roles, it's tough to see, but his body of work in Australia is really good: Somersault, Macbeth, Bootmen, etc, and he was good in Last Night, heard he was good in The Debt as well and he's bad ass in WOTT and the Call Of Duty commercial with Jonah Hill.

Iceman

Why is Sam Worthington still getting work?

I dunno.. I think if you got both those guys into the same movie/scenes, Sam could play off of Hemsworth pretty well (my guess). But when a guy's best work is playing a cyborg (Terminator Salvation), that doesn't speak well for his ability to emote on screen.

but hell, like I could do it.. (I cannot).

Watching the trailer again, I love the part with Thor on top of the Chrysler building sending out the lightning bolt and taking out all the bad guys with it.

Yes, this movie will have so many complete geek out moments. It already does just with the trailers, and I feel they are not really showing much of anything for the big set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom