• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Avengers - Trailer #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: The Avengers is loud.

@elguapo1
Avengers screening at our office. All I hear on the other side of the wall is BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

@johncampea:
Damn... they're watching AVENGERS in the theatre right next to my office. Have to blare music so I can't hear it.

BREAKING: The Avengers is loud.

@elguapo1

@johncampea:

igjod02gFVgbN.gif

noah111

Still Alive
I have a feeling that Widow is going to turn bad at some point in this.... not sure why, but I think it'll happen in one form or another.

Oh, god. I just saw the local theater here in CT is doing the Marvel Marathon on the 3rd. I don't know if I am that crazy to do that, but $35 for 5 movies is a damn good price.

noah111

Still Alive
Like in The Ultimates 2
? They'll probably leave that for the sequel.
Perhaps. I think they'd expose some aspects of that in here, whether being a just cause or not i'm not sure.. Maybe not, but there might be more to her whole double-triple agent thing.

Either way I doubt it'd be as drastic as
Ultimates 2
but i'm not sure she'll stick around in the same capacity by the time the Wasp/Ant-Man/Pym/Yellow Jacket etc get here.

That film was horrible. It was one of the few times where I was hoping a director like Stephen Sommers or Brett Ratner (BRETT RATNER) could jump in and save it.

Iron Man's their peak.

Tookay

The first half of the film is Marvel Studios' best effort to date. The second half is well...shit. It all ell apart as soon as he rescued Bucky and formed the Howling Commandos.

Couldn't agree more. The pacing and story all go to hell the moment they start fighting the war in a couple of montages.

Randdalf

Couldn't agree more. The pacing and story all go to hell the moment they start fighting the war in a couple of montages.

That's exactly what I said after leaving the cinema. It was good up until the halfway point where it lost any semblance of plot, with a montage culminating in Hugo Weaving in a bad prosthetic mask snarling in unconvincing faux German.

Black-Box

just watched captain america.

I really hate how they have to add on a love story to every movie these days. I really think it takes away from the movie. like Thor

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WHO IS THE REAL BLACK WIDOW?

I really hate how they have to add on a love story to every movie these days. I really think it takes away from the movie. like Thor
But it makes sense in the context of Cap's backstory though.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*

Thor's was so bad. Natalie Portman, world class actress, living in a "grungy trailer" "by herself". Fell in love literally overnight. End it with a kiss, because they have to confirm they're in a relationship before it's over, instead of leaving things up in the air and developing it further over more films. The shit is totally non-essential the way they did it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thor's was so bad. Natalie Portman, world class actress, living in a "grungy trailer" "by herself". Fell in love literally overnight. End it with a kiss, because they have to confirm they're in a relationship before it's over, instead of leaving things up in the air and developing it further over more films. The shit is totally non-essential the way they did it.
Yeah Thor's is kind of what brought the whole movie down. Iron Man's was well done, it wasn't overblown, forced in, kind of fit natural. Not a traditional love story either.

Blader

A girl being hot for Chris Hemsworth. A guy being hot for Natalie Portman.

Thor had the most realistic relationship of any of these movies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
A girl being hot for Chris Hemsworth. A guy being hot for Natalie Portman.

Thor had the most realistic relationship of any of these movies.

That's the thing though, the movie really played up Natalie Portman being some dirty scientist nerd when in reality that small town woulda had dudes swarming just to smell her trash.

DMczaf

I actually liked the love story in Captain America, I hated how it was thrown to the side to get Avengers setup in the end though.

Thor's love story....LOL. Let's not even talk about that.

Blader

I actually liked the love story in Captain America, I hated how it was thrown to the side to get Avengers setup in the end though.

But that's the story, though: they don't get together in the end. Cap ends up in the ice
and hooks up with her niece lol
and the relationship ends like that. The movie didn't invent that; that's what happens, with or without the Avengers.

DMczaf

But that's the story, though: they don't get together in the end. Cap ends up in the ice
and hooks up with her niece lol
and the relationship ends. The movie didn't invent that; that's what happens, with or without the Avengers.

I understand that, it still felt like everything I watched was for nothing, because Disney/Marvel wants The Avengers. There could have been a better way to do it without making it seem so forced.

JdFoX187

Banned
I thought Captain America's ending was what helped redeem it after the rest of its god awful third act. The "I had a date line" was delivered so well. And this comes from someone who fucking hates just about everything Joe Johnston touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom