• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

DMczaf

14-12 with 2:37 left in the 3rd quarter

Matrix, do it for Mickey!

rocky_mickey_i.jpg

DMczaf

Nah, im too tired now. That game with Konex took work >_<

I was just staying up to see if Matrix could pull off an upset lol

Fifty

Guys, the first game was an exhibition because the leagues didn't work then.

THEN WE HAD SOME FUN IN THE ACTUAL LEAGUE

Fuck you ESPN, fuck you. I'm playing Matrix, about to be up 21-0....in the 2nd. The game decides to start lagging. "Waiting for opponent" it says. First it counts one second off...then it starts again...Repeats this for a while....I think I'm going to have a laggy game, but then it saves us!!!!! OH FUCK NO IT DOESN'T! It times down from 20 seconds and says our connection is lost. I am so sick and tired of this. I have played easily 5 games that have not counted in the various leagues and tournies and whenever I play well, whenever I make big plays...the game fucks me over. FUCK YOU SHITTY GAME.

THESE SERVERS ARE MORE UNSTABLE Than a 12 year old girl on acid.

Fifty

No.

I found out that Matrix's modem went out....WTF IS WITH PEOPLE I PLAY AND MODEMS GOING OUT?! Do I send shockwaves to their modems?

Well, anyway...it seems it's not ESPN's fault...My luck is ridiculous. New league, same lack of stats.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I hate the Texans and my modem...next league I'm playing with a new team....this does not make me a traitor,its just sad as hell losing all the time cause your team gets steamrolled by running backs,which then opens up the passing game and then im fucked even more.

but what happens if you do not possess a passing game?

all you have to do then is stop the run. :)

you'll get fucked only once and not double time. ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well the Texans cant stop the run in this game,so then Im burned for play action fakes all the time.

Also most the people in this league or the ones I've played can pass and run..I dont think I have played anyone with a shitty team yet,thats really lacking in one area.

edit- Well the Bears suck...so Ive played one crap team as bad as the Texans :p

I'll be honest to you dude...I don't trust myself in the passing game. If I had a 3rd and 7, I would feel much more comfortable running for the first even though it's 7 yards away. Ask those that I played in the tourney...they have seen me do it. LOL

Matrix

I cant stop the run,so I would make your perfect opponent for an easy win :p

Matrix

Muhahahahaha ...I was waiting for you to respond to that :p

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cmdr. Solrak said:
Edited because it was a worthless post. :(

are u Jacksonville??? if so... tonight... after 8 est... I am at my office until 5 then at the gym till about 7 or so.... let me know...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Also most the people in this league or the ones I've played can pass and run..I dont think I have played anyone with a shitty team yet,thats really lacking in one area.

edit- Well the Bears suck...so Ive played one crap team as bad as the Texans :p

The Giants fuckin blow ass in this game. Is there any way that I can make substitutions outside of the an online game and have them stick when I go on? My fullback is set as a wideout in some formations as the default when I have a receiver on the bench that has yet to drop a ball for me. :(

RickMofoMears, when can you play dude? Minnesota... THIS is gonna be rough.:( I don't call myself mini-John Fox for nothin' though! :D (If the DBs decide to play my D rocks.)

hgplayer1

Ramirez said:
*sigh*

HG,when ya wanna play?Steelers have a tough time stopping the Boys for some reason :(

I can play sometime this evening. when will you be around?

I might have to bench Quincy Carter.......hes not at practice today in Cowboys training camp. Ive heard the Cowboys have released him due to failing a blood test.

Bog

Junior Ace
Last League, I start out by playing a guy who has the Panthers. This time, I start by playing the Patriots. The Dolphins have such good luck.

Anyway, I can play whenever.

Ramirez

Well I mean if your gonna bench Quincy shouldn't Bog have to bench Ricky?Thats something we should vote on,IMO.

BTW,I took Ricky off on my offline game and the Phins offense dropped to a 61,roofles!

I'm around to play right now HG if you are...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey, can someone answer a question on defensive matchups.....

In the gameplan section of the pause menu, I select double coverage on a particular player, but uh... it never actually happens in a play. I've picked man coverage, zone coverage, nickel, dime, 4-3, bear formations, nothing. All that ever works is me controlling another player and manually covering the dude. Any ideas?

Ramirez

After you select a play,quickly Zoom Out with the "DB Adjustments" button,the FS & SS will have buttons above them,pick which Safety you want,then a button for each WR of the other team will come up,pick whichever you want them to double.

Bog

Junior Ace
Why should we all vote on if 2 of us should change our rosters? That doesn't seem quite fair.

Fifty

Hah. None of those answers told me anything new, and the few interesting questions were met with the above answer.

Bog

Junior Ace
27. Uh, does this game have touchdowns? (Xbox)
This feature is not supported by ESPN NFL 2K5.

Top Bottom