• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

hgplayer1

Galaron said:
Does anyone know of a league that has ever been played to completion? I joined a league and half of the people didn't even play the first week. I sent a message to the admin and he didn't even respond. I looked on the web site and he had a single post on the message board asking people if they were interested in playing and no responses.

I started a league with 15 other guys on another message board and so far (5 days later) they have played exactly 3 games in week 1.

This isn't a knock against ESPN or the problems with games not reporting or trades, they've done a reasonably good job and their web site league tie-in is brilliant. But people are just too busy or their times are too different (west coast vs. east coast) to get these off the ground. People talk about how ESPN has the better online experience because it has leagues. But I've never been able to get a league going in any sport. It's no ones fault, it just seems like people are too busy. :-(

Ive never had great luck with online leagues. someone always doesnt show up for one or two games or drops out completely. it screws up the whole thing. even if replacements are allowed to come in there is usually some down time. Im not sure why some people sign up for leagues when they have school/work/practice/family to contend with. Im not saying I dont want anyone with those responsibilites in a league with me Im just saying you should know your limits. usually if you can make it to these forums on a daily basis then you have enough time for leagues. it really doesnt take that much of your time if EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD. damn Sega.

Ramirez I can play this evening. I should be on around 7 EST time.

Ramirez

Does anyone know of a league that has ever been played to completion?

We played ours to completion last year...

Aight HG,sounds good :)

Fifty

:( Yes, yes I have. I forgot about how slow they ran. I remember you and someone else had problems, but I figured that other people just forgot about it since I haven't seen them posting about it. No worries. I feel sorry for people who are relying on this league, because things don't look bright for its future.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I've been trying to get my match in.. if I dont get it in after smackdown tonight (sorry guys, the return of Kurt Angle trumps this) it will be tough to get in in this weekend... I guess I'll have to cancel plans to get this in :(

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
HG gets huge points in my book for starting Vinny T. A true sim player :)

thanks but you know what sucks is that because of that one sub.......it seems my kick teams are different now and they play worse that i remember.....either that or PITs kick teams are that good. I know it changed them though because my two starting DBs were on kick returns when before they werent.

hgplayer1

StoOgE said:
I've been trying to get my match in.. if I dont get it in after smackdown tonight (sorry guys, the return of Kurt Angle trumps this) it will be tough to get in in this weekend... I guess I'll have to cancel plans to get this in :(

record that shit!

Maverick

Waiting for you bro. If you aren't in there by 8:45 im going to have to get to a buddy's bday party and i'll be back at 12 EST. :(

DMczaf

Games that need to be played

Rodrigues
ShadowRed

CerebralPalsy
StoOgE

College Dropout
Bog

malleymal
solrak

get your games in guys!

WTF? I wait around while stooge is playing konex... and then he goes offline.

Gggrrrrr... Well, I'm not going to sit in the lobby any longer.

Bog

Junior Ace
Sorry, man. I had to run out almost immediately after I asked you to play earlier. If you get back in the next 10 minutes or so, I can play now, otherwise figure tomorrow afternoon.

hgplayer1

Cerebral Palsy said:
WTF? I wait around while stooge is playing konex... and then he goes offline.

Gggrrrrr... Well, I'm not going to sit in the lobby any longer.

oh man i used to HATE when shit like that happened to me!

Great game with excellent D mal! I'm fucked....I don't think Jags have any type of running game...and for a guy like me (smash mouth running offensive minded), that sucks. :(

damn you Bob.....DAMN YOU!!!

Fifty

The Jags have a very good running game. Top 8 for sure in my books. Matrix ran all over me with Fred "Healthy Boy" Taylor.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cmdr. Solrak said:
Great game with excellent D mal! I'm fucked....I don't think Jags have any type of running game...and for a guy like me (smash mouth running offensive minded), that sucks. :(

damn you Bob.....DAMN YOU!!!

Very good game... your Secondary played a hell of a game though.... but I know that tight end is lucky his ass didnt get Benched........ Good game

Bog

Junior Ace
OK, fuck ESPN. I'm done. I don't stay up an hour later than I should just to have that shit die in the 4th.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
WOW... we should set up times when servers are straight... this time at night seems to be the worst... probably alot of west coast gamers....

Maverick

Yeah, fuck this shit. Games a joke....it really is. After extensive play, it is a practical joke. It's a really authentic and fun football game that is ruined by ridiculous plays and lag and.....wow, i'm done even talking about this.

BTW- I am going to play this league out to completion, just for integrity purposes and not to fuck you guys over. But Im all about a Madden league now.

Just give me something decent.

Maverick

Crime about it is that it was a really strange and interesting game.....So many turnovers and just weird plays. Oh well.........Too much lag.

Bog

Junior Ace
College Dropout said:
Crime about it is that it was a really strange and interesting game.....So many turnovers and just weird plays. Oh well.........Too much lag.

Yeah, I was cracking up at a few of the plays. Particularly Boston leaning over to catch the ball only to have it hit him in the helmet. Surprisingly, the stats counted.

StoOgE

Dude, I got a message that said we would play after smackdown... I got on after smackdown and waited for 40 minutes. I started that game because I wanted to do SOMETHING after waiting that long, and if I had started the game at 10:30 (when the other one ended) I would have been looking at 4 and a half hours sleep. I did that shit to get my game in on the second leauge and I was completely useless the next day. Sorry I got offline, but its not like its entirely my fault.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rick and I played last night and it was the same as with Bob and College Dropout, lots of lag. I managed to pull it out, but Randy Moss had an insane game on me (8 receptions, 156 yards). I'm usually able to pull ahead early, but I stumble about for the rest of the game. I was up 14-0 in the first, then that became 21-13, then 28-20. I was mortified when he got the ball with 35 seconds left.

I spied half the game trying to hold any potential runs by Culpepper, but he didn't resort to that.

It was all about ball control that game for me. 34 carries with Barber/Joyce, 12 passes with Warner/Manning.

MrBob, though we were former RSC2 team mates, I will go all out to try and beat you!

Mofo

Wellington said:
Rick and I played last night and it was the same as with Bob and College Dropout, lots of lag. I managed to pull it out, but Randy Moss had an insane game on me (8 receptions, 156 yards). I'm usually able to pull ahead early, but I stumble about for the rest of the game. I was up 14-0 in the first, then that became 21-13, then 28-20. I was mortified when he got the ball with 35 seconds left.

I spied half the game trying to hold any potential runs by Culpepper, but he didn't resort to that.

It was all about ball control that game for me. 34 carries with Barber/Joyce, 12 passes with Warner/Manning.

MrBob, though we were former RSC2 team mates, I will go all out to try and beat you!

Incredible game, I thought it was going to be a blowout at first. And yes, it was all about ball control! I couldn't stop your running game for the life of me. It was really tempting to pull the C-run, but my Vikes offense is so fragile that if I have any injuries I'll be screwed.

Good game, it was a pleasure losing to you...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shit lookin through the stats, this is fuckin awesome man. Can't wait to get the next game in! Just two more games need to go off. This is WAY better than any fantasy football league. :D

Man I am worried about MrBob, he had 41 pass attempts last game along with 21 carries. 62 fuckin plays! It'll be a great game I hope (for me at least... please :( ). Then the week after that I get FMT, and then Duce.:| Got a tough schedule. :(

StoOgE

well, Ive been having trouble getting the PC and the xbox at the sametime.. so I have rehooked up the dreamcast to the broadband adaptor so I can keep up with shit beter. Anyway, sorry I didnt get the game in last night, but I got stuck on opening shift, and couldnt stay up that late... im sorry you waited through the game, but I was waiting for a solid 40 minutes or so before that.

You could have challenged me, sent me an ESPN message or something letting me know you were online.. I was in the middle of a game.. if I had gotten something in the middle of it I would have been fine.

In anycase, Im available for sure until 9CST tonight, ad most of the day tommorow until about the same time. We should be able to get in it easily by then. I may be available later if I absolutely MUST. Im supposed to go out with sme friens, ut I will foroe that if needed.

Top Bottom